August 15, 2018, 10:00:21 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 287665 times)

April 04, 2018, 01:59:08 AM
Reply #3420

BlueForYou

Out of every dissatisfaction with our club, mony mony fans is the saddest

Nothing but the best(moan) is good enough
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 04, 2018, 02:02:26 AM
Reply #3421

eugene

I love the idea of brick just seems solid and built to last And should pacify the heritage lot, forget about the Lucas letís see what the models look like .....IN DAN WE TRUST

April 04, 2018, 02:43:10 AM
Reply #3422

van der Meyde

It wouldn't really be on the exterior though, would it? It would be only view able from the inside of the park.

The new Yankee Stadium was able to incorporate their old frieze facade very well into their new stadium.

I was hoping this could have been done in our new one, but having it mixed in with the interior is pretty cool.

The Yankees' frieze facade was presumably distinctive as being specifically related to the Yankees.

The Leitch crosses were at multiple stadia around the country. They're still there at some others too.

I don't really see much need to make a 1920s architect's signature latticework a feature of our stadium when they were so ubiquitous personally.

April 04, 2018, 02:58:33 AM
Reply #3423

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Answers to questions this afternoon. In no particular order and haven't bothered with what is easily available on other sites like the Echo etc

Car parking.
English Heritage are insisting that the channel remains between where the car park is proposed and the 'mainland' as that was the main connection between the docks which means the car park site is of little use in any other way.

Bricks etc
The stadium needs to be sympathetic to its surroundings.

N/S alignment.
Makes the space tight but most stadiums are built this way to reduce the problems from the sun.
Rail seating can be possible when/if legislation passed but will probably not influence capacity as the legislation will require still one person per seat space. Also more metalwork needed so more expensive.

Capacity and keeping it full already in posts above. Want it full and noisy

Eating.
Some eating facilities incorporated but also expected local businesses will spring up.

Acoustics
Can be influenced by design.

Prince Rupert Tower.
Not sure yet - influenced by how it will look from the river.

Sustainability
Taken into account - wind power,  collecting rainwater etc etc

Access
At Goodison crowds come from all 4 directions but most will access new ground from the City end.

Dixie''s statue will be there and named bricks etc being considered along with other ideas.

Corporate hospitality demand is hard to judge as we have no real experience as have no facilities now! Feels Arsenal went over the top.

It's our home for next 100 years and wants it to be a stadium that 'grows out of the dock'

No compromise on technology or access (for fans inside)  - it will stand alongside the best in the world.

Possible to build it to allow for an increase of 5k seats in the future but the expansion is limited by the concourses etc underneath. Best to build it for now with possibility of expansion.

THE OVERRIDING MESSAGE IS THIS IS A FOOTBALL GROUND. Not designed for other events but obviously some will be possible. Also there will be a fan zone and that will be able to hold smaller events as well.

That's the gist of it and fairly accurate as my wife is always right and she was the one with the invite and the writing pad and pen. Any complaints and questions to her!!!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:08:29 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

April 04, 2018, 03:00:53 AM
Reply #3424

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Answers to questions this afternoon. In no particular order and haven't bothered with what is easily available on other sites like the Echo etc

Car parking.
English Heritage are insisting that the channel remains between where the car park is proposed and the 'mainland' as that was the main connection between the docks which means the car park site is of little use in any other way.

Bricks etc

N/S alignment.
Makes the space tight but most stadiums are built this way to reduce the problems from the sun.
Rail seating can be possible when/if legislation passed but will probably not influence capacity as the legislation will require still one person per seat space. Also more metalwork needed so more expensive.

Eating.
Some eating facilities incorporated but also expected local businesses will spring up.

Acoustics

Prince Rupert Tower.

Sustainability

Access
At Goodison crowds come from all 4 directions but most will access new ground from the City end.

Dixie''s statue will be there and named bricks etc being considered along with other ideas.

Corporate hospitality demand is hard to judge as we have no real experience as have no facilities now!

It's our home for next 100 years and wants it to be a stadium that 'grows out of the dock'

No compromise on technology or access (for fans inside)  - it will stand alongside the best in the world.

Possible to build it to allow for an increase of 5k seats in the future but the expansion is limited by the concourses etc underneath. Best to build it for now with possibility of expansion.

That's the gist of it and fairly accurate as my wife is always right and she was the one with the invite and the writing pad and pen. Any complaints and questions to her!!!

Nice one for that. Some interesting stuff

April 04, 2018, 03:10:15 AM
Reply #3425

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Car parking.

Bricks etc

N/S alignment.

Eating.

Acoustics

Prince Rupert Tower.

Sustainability

Access

Corporate hospitality demand is hard to judge as we have no real experience as have no facilities now! Feels Arsenal went over the top.

THE OVERRIDING MESSAGE IS THIS IS A FOOTBALL GROUND. Not designed for other events but obviously some will be possible. Also there will be a fan zone and that will be able to hold smaller events as well.

Cheers for that mate, decent work
Simply simply lovely

April 04, 2018, 03:11:01 AM
Reply #3426

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Nice one for that. Some interesting stuff
Modified a bit since so check it again.
I'm 72 this year hopefully I'll live to see it. If not I want a Viking funeral launched from the home end😊
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

April 04, 2018, 03:12:49 AM
Reply #3427

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Forgot one thing. Ferry service being considered but the height of the dock walls may prohibit it.
Rising sea levels might solve this?😃

April 04, 2018, 03:16:57 AM
Reply #3428

eugene

Car parking.

Bricks etc

N/S alignment.

Eating.

Acoustics

Prince Rupert Tower.

Sustainability

Access

Agent Shropshire come in your work is done🕵️‍♂️

April 04, 2018, 03:38:34 AM
Reply #3429

Alanvideo

Modified a bit since so check it again.
I'm 72 this year hopefully I'll live to see it. If not I want a Viking funeral launched from the home end😊
...............good report from Mrs SB .I'm going tomorrow so will try and report anything new.  I like the idea of a ferry but it would require a floating landing stage ,probably more trouble than it's worth.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 04, 2018, 03:49:17 AM
Reply #3430

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Top work Mrs Shrops.

Couple of things stick out there:
EH have already been consulted.
Everybody needs to take that as confirmation that designs have, 100%, been completed and this is just about 'tarting' up bits and making the fans feel involved.

Access
Most from the City end you say? That's a bit of a shock as you'd naturally think the East Stand would be the main entrance (Break in dock wall for BH is there).
Entering from the South means there is collaboration with Peel for their Nelson Dock plans.

Tower/u]
Bit gutted about that response. Was hoping them mini-towers marking the breaks in dock wall/gates would be turned (superficially) into Rupert's Towers.

April 04, 2018, 03:52:43 AM
Reply #3431

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Top work Mrs Shrops.

Couple of things stick out there:
EH have already been consulted.
Everybody needs to take that as confirmation that designs have, 100%, been completed and this is just about 'tarting' up bits and making the fans feel involved.

Access
Most from the City end you say? That's a bit of a shock as you'd naturally think the East Stand would be the main entrance (Break in dock wall for BH is there).
Entering from the South means there is collaboration with Peel for their Nelson Dock plans.

Tower/u]
Bit gutted about that response. Was hoping them mini-towers marking the breaks in dock wall/gates would be turned (superficially) into Rupert's Towers.

I took the east stand as being the 'city side'?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 04, 2018, 03:55:29 AM
Reply #3432

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I took the east stand as being the 'city side'?

You may be right.
I assumed south due to the fact a lot of talk about the South "home" end (as they're calling it) mentions City views.

I'd been working on:
West = River Side
South = City End
North = well, i haven't named it in my head yet. Goodison End i suppose
East = Inland Side

April 04, 2018, 03:58:12 AM
Reply #3433

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Forgot one thing. Ferry service being considered but the height of the dock walls may prohibit it.
Rising sea levels might solve this?😃

This makes Jeff from West Derby very happy.

April 04, 2018, 03:58:46 AM
Reply #3434

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Is the city side coming in from town ways?