October 20, 2019, 09:59:53 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 473524 times)

April 04, 2018, 04:04:04 AM
Reply #3435

Heisenberg

The effort they're putting into this shows how half arsed kirkby was

April 04, 2018, 04:08:46 AM
Reply #3436

Alanvideo

Top work Mrs Shrops.

Couple of things stick out there:
EH have already been consulted.
Everybody needs to take that as confirmation that designs have, 100%, been completed and this is just about 'tarting' up bits and making the fans feel involved.

Access
Most from the City end you say? That's a bit of a shock as you'd naturally think the East Stand would be the main entrance (Break in dock wall for BH is there).
Entering from the South means there is collaboration with Peel for their Nelson Dock plans.

............a large proportion of our fans will be coming from Kirkdale ,Walton ,Everton areas i.e.to the North of BMD ,not just from the city end . Sandhills station can't be more than 10 mins walk ,probably a bit nearer than Kirkdale is to Goodison.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 04, 2018, 04:14:48 AM
Reply #3437

dunkster

As im from Gloucestershire, is it looking likely that this would be an easy-ish train journey on match day?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 04, 2018, 04:16:42 AM
Reply #3438

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
............a large proportion of our fans will be coming from Kirkdale ,Walton ,Everton areas i.e.to the North of BMD ,not just from the city end . Sandhills station can't be more than 10 mins walk ,probably a bit nearer than Kirkdale is to Goodison.

Missed the point.
Meis has said most people will be entering via the city end.

Considering where the new train station is being built (people wont be using Sandhills) and where the Dock Wall gate is, i found it odd that they would be coming into the halo from the South.
But Goaljira pointed out that City end could mean 'opposite the river end' as opposed to 'side closest to Town'.

April 04, 2018, 04:18:50 AM
Reply #3439

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sandhills station is still a bit of a walk.

The transport links are something that needs to be sorted as there's absolutely nothing there at the moment.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 04, 2018, 04:19:19 AM
Reply #3440

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
As im from Gloucestershire, is it looking likely that this would be an easy-ish train journey on match day?

Into Lime Street.
Drink to Moorfields/Central.
Northern line 2 stops from Central/1 from Moorfields.

Or a 30 minute walk to cover the 2 miles from Lime Street (stopping at a few boozers on the way)

April 04, 2018, 04:23:30 AM
Reply #3441

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Stop stressing about Sandhills (never mind the fact it's less than a mile away, a similar distance as Kirkdale station to Goodison)
The Mayor said he was building a train station to help the Northern Docks project:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-reveals-plans-build-12407807

Quote from: Mayor Anderson
"around about the end of April, we’ll be announcing about £6m that goes directly into the site around the site we’re looking at.

“The reality is, there is a railway station being built there and the catalyst for this city, in terms of its prosperity and jobs for young people that we’re all connected to, is to grow our city and those docks in North Liverpool.

April 04, 2018, 04:29:00 AM
Reply #3442

Macca77

Sandhills station is still a bit of a walk.

The transport links are something that needs to be sorted as there's absolutely nothing there at the moment.

10-15 mins tops

April 04, 2018, 04:33:02 AM
Reply #3443

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
10-15 mins tops

Takes me 20 minutes when I walk it after work.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 04, 2018, 04:37:10 AM
Reply #3444

Alanvideo

Missed the point.
Meis has said most people will be entering via the city end.

Considering where the new train station is being built (people wont be using Sandhills) and where the Dock Wall gate is, i found it odd that they would be coming into the halo from the South.
But Goaljira pointed out that City end could mean 'opposite the river end' as opposed to 'side closest to Town'.

............ People who live in N Liverpool will still come in from that direction and some of them will use Sandhills unless and until a new station is built. It's taken Merseyrail about 10 years to build Maghull North on a vacant site so how long will a new station take to build on an elevated track in a built up area. Has LCC even said where such a station would be built  ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 04, 2018, 04:45:55 AM
Reply #3445

Bally

Administrator
I don't like that.

Don't know why, but I think it looks a bit tacky.
Just a concept mate
It's the roll I way

April 04, 2018, 04:54:03 AM
Reply #3446

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
............ People who live in N Liverpool will still come in from that direction and some of them will use Sandhills unless and until a new station is built. It's taken Merseyrail about 10 years to build Maghull North on a vacant site so how long will a new station take to build on an elevated track in a built up area. Has LCC even said where such a station would be built  ?

Find out end of April, but the general area has been chosen.

But where they are walking from is irrelevant.
Where the holes in the dock wall are is what matters to this concept.

April 04, 2018, 06:16:23 AM
Reply #3447

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 04, 2018, 07:12:29 AM
Reply #3448

Thornton_19

Looks like the Sánchez Pizjuán to me, but with a kop.

https://twitter.com/thecalcioguy/status/981280510826729473?s=21
Reckon it will look a lot like the San Mames from the inside

Including the roof design.

April 04, 2018, 07:39:47 AM
Reply #3449

MexicanToffee

From @D15TIN twitter

https://twitter.com/greenallefc/status/981190432175554560
I hope that is the away dressing room. Some big monster speakers hidden in the walls blasting out Z cars would be a thoughtful touch as well, as would a thermostat control that is stuck on about 10o C.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”