November 20, 2018, 08:32:56 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 325436 times)

Thomasmcd and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 25, 2018, 02:35:36 PM
Reply #3780

phillyt

Id be more than happy with 55,000.

With the option to expand in future of course.

That being said who knows where the team may be in 5 years time? Could be CL regulars by then.

55,000 though in all honesty would be a great happy medium.

Cost wise itís surely more effective to go up a bit higher now. I was talking about this last night and an extra 5k seats would be 3/4 rows around the stadium. Surely it makes more sense to accommodate that now than add it in later. I canít see us needing more  and even if we have 10k unsold seats spread out over the ground it wonít look bad.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

July 25, 2018, 03:04:57 PM
Reply #3781

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

July 25, 2018, 03:36:31 PM
Reply #3782

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Cost wise itís surely more effective to go up a bit higher now. I was talking about this last night and an extra 5k seats would be 3/4 rows around the stadium. Surely it makes more sense to accommodate that now than add it in later. I canít see us needing more  and even if we have 10k unsold seats spread out over the ground it wonít look bad.

Yes but in cold economic terms they are the most expensive seats as they arenít filled.

If it costs an extra £20m (no idea on this) to add 5,000 seats every time theyíre not filled thatís costing us money against the plan to pay it off (eg extra interest on the borrowings that havenít been repaid earlier because we havenít got the money from selling that seat).

Those things will come into consideration.

July 25, 2018, 03:40:19 PM
Reply #3783

Makis

It's not just the cost of seats but concessions, toilets, emergency procedures, and what not. More people means more need for everything.

July 25, 2018, 04:00:03 PM
Reply #3784

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The site is limited as to what it can fit as well frmo all accounts. Listening to the last time i heard Meis talking about it, i got the distinct impression that we don't have the budget to do what would be needed to get it to 60k+ (because it would involve genuine, cutting edge procedures.)

July 25, 2018, 04:06:52 PM
Reply #3785

Alanvideo

The site is limited as to what it can fit as well frmo all accounts. Listening to the last time i heard Meis talking about it, i got the distinct impression that we don't have the budget to do what would be needed to get it to 60k+ (because it would involve genuine, cutting edge procedures.)
...........yes he said something along those lines at St.Lukes. The last 5 or 10,000 seats are the most expensive and the constraints of the site make it even more so.

July 25, 2018, 04:33:51 PM
Reply #3786

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Pages 220 - 230 above have lots of detail from the public meetings. Might be worth reminding ourselves when/if news is coming out as we all forget somewhat as time moves on
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

July 25, 2018, 05:14:38 PM
Reply #3787

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
From the Echo so you don't have to battle with the site (so apologies for any rubbish formatting/random speech marks/spelling as i haven't proof-read it):

Politician claims people of Liverpool 'do not like' council's Everton stadium plan

A prominent Liverpool politician has claimed that the people of the city 'do not like' a deal that will see the city council loan Everton hundreds of millions of pounds for a new stadium.

Liberal Democrat leader Cllr Richard Kemp has demanded that the city council holds a full debate on the authority's involvement in any stadium deal before the plans proceed.

It comes after Mayor Anderson described the proposal as a 'no lose situation' - arguing that the council and the city's residents will benefit more than Everton from the deal.

Speaking to DJ Pete Price, Mayor Anderson said people 'should be delighted' at the idea - because it will bring in £7m a year in profit for the council as well as around £1.4m in business rates.

The Mayor also said the loan - which would come from the government's Public Works Loan Board - would be "securitised", meaning that the council would not be at risk if the club found itself in adverse circumstances.

But Cllr Kemp, who has been a long-term critic of the plan, believes the majority of the city's taxpayers are not happy with the deal in its current form

He said: "In response to an e-mail from Mayor Anderson in early April I wrote to him on behalf of the Liberal Democrat Group. I set out three principles that we would need to agree before we could get involved in the scrutiny of the deal:

"1, that the Council should fully debate both the principle of having such a big involvement in a private sector company and debate the amount of borrowing that it would be wise for a council to have.

"2, that the scrutiny should review all aspects of the deal including all the infrastructure costs which would need to be paid for by the public sector outside the immediate environs of the ground itself. Letís not forget that the physical infrastructure of the docks was last looked at more than 170 years ago.

"Thirdly there would need to be as full a disclosure of the facts to the people of Liverpool as possible."

He added: "At the moment the people of Liverpool do not like this deal. We must debate these issues clearly and publicly in Council. Currently we have not even had a reply to this letter from the Mayor."

Cllr Kemp is not the only one asking for a meeting and a debate about the council's stadium plan.

Two of Liverpool's Constituency Labour Parties - West Derby and Walton - has passed motions calling for a city-wide meeting about the plan.

And the Jeremy Corbyn-loyal group Momentum also recently met to raise 'serious questions' about the council's involvement.

But Mayor Anderson has remained resolute in his assertion that the proposal will hugely benefit the cash-strapped council at a time when government cuts have forced them to make their own money via an 'Invest to Earn' policy.

He said: "It doesn't affect our borrowing, it doesn't affect what we spend on Adult Social Care or any other service we provide - we don't pay the loan back.

"In addition to that, the stadium business rates that they pay to the city council is £1.4m, so we will get £7m and £1.4m business rates every year."

He added: "It is a massive opportunity to accelerate growth in the area which brings in thousands of jobs and opportunities for new businesses - it is quite simply a no lose situation."

July 25, 2018, 05:23:32 PM
Reply #3788

Ramjam

I hope we get a better loan deal elsewhere and let the council go and fuck themselves, then watch the doubters of the council fight amongst each other about the missed opportunity
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 25, 2018, 05:24:26 PM
Reply #3789

Alanvideo

@Mick 1995 I'm sure Richard Kemp brought this up a while ago so he's repeating himself. Of course the proposed loan has to go before the LCC Cabinet and could be thrown out .We'll see.

July 25, 2018, 05:36:21 PM
Reply #3790

Jamokachi

I hope we get a better loan deal elsewhere and let the council go and fuck themselves, then watch the doubters of the council fight amongst each other about the missed opportunity

I'd rather what benefitted Everton benefitted the City of Liverpool, and vice versa. "Fuck the council" is completely the wrong attitude.

July 25, 2018, 05:37:26 PM
Reply #3791

charlatan

Three guesses which team Cllr Kemp supports  :wanker:

July 25, 2018, 05:39:52 PM
Reply #3792

Ramjam

I'd rather what benefitted Everton benefitted the City of Liverpool, and vice versa. "Fuck the council" is completely the wrong attitude.
Well thatís what we all want but the RS section of the council have their sights set in detailing the project so fuck them, if we can get a better deal for the club from elsewhere we should do it.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 25, 2018, 05:52:32 PM
Reply #3793

Jamokachi

Well thatís what we all want but the RS section of the council have their sights set in detailing the project so fuck them, if we can get a better deal for the club from elsewhere we should do it.

No, we should work with them to find a solution. Being petulant knobs and throwing our toys out of the pram will get us nowhere. As said, completely the wrong attitude.

July 25, 2018, 07:01:34 PM
Reply #3794

School of Science

Think if Everton got their own money, the likes of Cllr Kemp would still raise objections, Liverpool skyline, heritage, trafficking, pollution or noise levels.

I mean he could be a real concerned Councillor for the people of Liverpool.....or he could be just a bitter and twisted jealous red shite cunt, not sure which myself  :whistle:
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15