October 23, 2019, 01:44:27 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474656 times)

November 15, 2018, 01:17:23 PM
Reply #4050

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Being proud of my language and cultural heritage is archaic I guess? Pfft.

I meant more that you lived without electricity and running water in a joking kind of way
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 15, 2018, 01:53:53 PM
Reply #4051

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn’t Meis keep cock teasing about a “wave”?

November 15, 2018, 02:34:36 PM
Reply #4052

Paddockoldie

For some reason I always had in my head the sort of really old fashioned misshapen bond bricks, like the dock wall is built of rather than what the dockside buildings are built of.

it would still be in keeping with the area and look sort of like a castle, which could be intimidating if not cheesy.

I'd like a castle/fortress kind of look too. Keeps it traditional and the inside could be more futuristic. It should stand out on the historic waterfront but not detract.

November 15, 2018, 02:56:27 PM
Reply #4053

Toddacelli

I'd like a castle/fortress kind of look too. Keeps it traditional and the inside could be more futuristic. It should stand out on the historic waterfront but not detract.

Aye. A Prince Ruperts Tower could easily be incorporated using the same type of stone as the dock walls.

To be honest though  - what I care most about is being unique and instantly recognisable. It could be ugly as fuck - as long as people know straight away - that's Everton that is!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 15, 2018, 04:08:26 PM
Reply #4054

Alanvideo

................I want there to be some traditional materials used but I don't want it to be some kind of Disneyworld design .  @Simon Paul has already hinted that UNESCO are happy with the draft design so we just have to wait and see,.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 15, 2018, 05:53:53 PM
Reply #4055

Cereal Killer

A castle, with a moat, and a drawbridge, and a bunch of cannons aimed at mordor....

November 15, 2018, 05:55:08 PM
Reply #4056

blue1948

November 15, 2018, 06:01:11 PM
Reply #4057

blue1948

For some reason I always had in my head the sort of really old fashioned misshapen bond bricks, like the dock wall is built of rather than what the dockside buildings are built of.

it would still be in keeping with the area and look sort of like a castle, which could be intimidating if not cheesy.

The cost of stonework is far higher than brickwork and I mean far higher .But there might be someone out there still producing the concrete panels of the 60's and then it can look like a garden fence . Personally the colour of the bricks is of no real importance but there are brown bricks cream bricks and many more colours ,there are even BLUE bricks although they are a grey blue .

https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+engineering+bricks&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjWwJPgrNbeAhVklosKHXh2AYsQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1920&bih=908

I hope this has not the cat out of the bag .Sorry Dan .
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:02:21 PM by blue1948 »

November 15, 2018, 07:08:35 PM
Reply #4058

Jamokachi

I meant more that you lived without electricity and running water in a joking kind of way

I'll fight you, hwntw.

November 15, 2018, 07:28:59 PM
Reply #4059

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 15, 2018, 07:32:18 PM
Reply #4060

Ross

Building a brick structure would be hugely expensive and time consuming. I dare say brickwork will be some sort of feature of the design but it won’t be the overall redeeming look.   
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 15, 2018, 08:14:27 PM
Reply #4061

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
As long as it has a tower and the ale is good and it actually happens idgaf I suppose
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 15, 2018, 08:15:49 PM
Reply #4062

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Just a note, when completing the survey make sure you click the 'submit' option on the last page when it looks like its all finished.

November 15, 2018, 09:15:11 PM
Reply #4063

Omar

The cost of stonework is far higher than brickwork and I mean far higher .But there might be someone out there still producing the concrete panels of the 60's and then it can look like a garden fence . Personally the colour of the bricks is of no real importance but there are brown bricks cream bricks and many more colours ,there are even BLUE bricks although they are a grey blue .

https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+engineering+bricks&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjWwJPgrNbeAhVklosKHXh2AYsQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1920&bih=908

I hope this has not the cat out of the bag .Sorry Dan .

Blue brick is the only acceptable brick.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 15, 2018, 10:13:58 PM
Reply #4064

School of Science

Have we all done the survey on here ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15