October 16, 2019, 04:20:06 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 471885 times)

July 27, 2019, 07:02:08 PM
Reply #285

Alanvideo

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/everton-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock-designs-latest-jonathan-liew-new-white-hart-lane-a9022831.html%3famp

Just read it after you said that. It's certainly quite cynical sounding isn't it? I scanned it to find out what it mentioned about the rather excellent plans for Goodison but it only seems to get a brief mention towards the end of one paragraph...probably because it's inconvenient to the writer's agenda and getting the article published.
It then tries to rescue impartiality at the end with this 'i suppose we'll never know the answer' tone.
I know I'm biased reading that so I'm going to argue the Everton positives but yeah, was weird reading that.
Verdict: shithead possibly with an agenda trying to sound smarter than he is. A bit like me!
.......................to be fair i didn't think it was too bad , having a go at football in general rather than Everton alone. The writer calls the plans for Goodison 'genuinely impressive '.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 27, 2019, 07:31:49 PM
Reply #286

Alanvideo

No new train station then
.............there's differing opinions on here. Long term I think the area merits a new station but it wouldn't be specifically for BMD.
After the match I'm sure it would be quicker to walk to town than wait for trains with only a 15 min. frequency ,30 mins on Sundays even worse. There are tentative plans for a station at Mann Island which would be marginally nearer than James St.
I usually get a train from the new station at Maghull North and that took years to plan and build on a vacant site. Also cost £13m I think.

July 27, 2019, 10:22:32 PM
Reply #287

Alanvideo

Sandhills station won't be able to cope with the post-match numbers without the type of crowd control they do at Wembley Park for example. 
Fans will have to be held on the road outside and only allowed on the platforms in limited numbers and then it gets complicated by the fact  you can go four ways ,town ,Ormskirk ,Kirkby and Southport lines. Should be fun.

July 28, 2019, 02:56:26 PM
Reply #288

Alanvideo

What’s the feeling about hosting other major events ? Rock concerts, boxing, American football etc.
Would be massive for tourism/local economy.
.................been mentioned somewhere ,I think this would be a good idea.  Very few local residents to upset and closer to town than Anfield which has hosted a few events recently. Bound to upset the kloppites.

July 29, 2019, 02:33:19 PM
Reply #289

Alanvideo

Off topic but where the hell is St George's plaza?

My replacement bus was there the other week and I ended up swerving it because I had no idea where that was.
..................St.Georges  plateau is the front of St.Georges hall opposite Lime St. station

July 29, 2019, 02:47:04 PM
Reply #290

Alanvideo

The relevant bits from today's Echo...........

In proposing to build a new ground, Everton are also keen to retain the historical aspect of the area they could be moving to.
And the club have made clear preserving and restoring a number of key areas are crucial to their plans for the future of the area.
Preserving dock wall
Everton's stadium proposals will involve draining and infilling the dock, using an established method which uses both sand and gravel.

However, innovative engineering would mean the docks walls will be preserved and, where possible, exposed so that visitors can still see the history of the area.
The stadium structure would be supported by concrete plates which would rest on piles driven into the sandstone which sits beneath the Northern Docks area.
This means the actual dock walls would be protected from the weight of the stadium structure and would remain unharmed.
The design also means that if the club were ever to move again in the distant future, the stadium could be deconstructed and Bramley-Moore could turn into a dock once more.

Hydraulic tower work
On the site of the new stadium, in what could be the north east corner of the Fan Plaza, is a historic hydraulic tower which is currently inaccessible to the public and in disrepair.
That would all change with Everton's proposals, however.
Water channel
A big factor of the World Heritage Status the site currently possesses is the Outstanding Universal Value aspect of its designation.
In turn, the connectivity of each dock is vital, and something Everton are keen to preserve.
 So, a water channel will be maintained between Bramley-Moore dock and the neighbouring Sandon Half-Tide and Nelson docks.
This would be located to the west side of the stadium, with a footbridge being proposed to link the area around the new ground with the car park located on the river side.
Public spaces
Across all public space in and around the new stadium, the club is looking to preserve as many aspects as possible.
Original features such as old gratings, paving and cobble stones, bollards, mooring posts, capstones and granite steps could also be retained, restored and included as part of the overall development.
A number of the public spaces around the stadium are designed to be flexible so community, cultural and business organisations could use them.

August 19, 2019, 04:40:00 PM
Reply #291

Alanvideo

He's a patronising Kopite mate
................its still a good read.

October 11, 2019, 05:12:18 PM
Reply #292

Alanvideo

CBRE are a worldwide property services firm ,possibly also involved in the search for investment for BMD ,so they are bound to talk it up. Still ,its good news if a firm of this magnitude are on board.
I won't relax till the planning application goes in though.