October 19, 2019, 09:10:09 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 472980 times)

August 14, 2018, 09:52:43 PM
Read 472980 times

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
................and here it is  in its original form

A real trip down memory lane, when live football meant you were at the game  ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:02:33 PM by Mouse »
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

August 14, 2018, 10:05:49 PM
Reply #1

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
..............used to love the teleprinter ,especially when it got stuck and whirred away for what seemed like ages. And Colemanballs .
Kids today have no idea what they're missing. A bit of international table tennis and then over to WoS to watch Mick MacManus give it the Irish whip. Culture.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

August 15, 2018, 03:24:07 AM
Reply #2

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
56 is probably old to anyone under 35 tbf.
Ah bollocks, I'm obsolete tech

July 17, 2019, 09:18:21 PM
Reply #3

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Just as an aside, chorizo's well better than salami.
Controversial! The rows we've had between Italian and Spanish colleagues...although nothing compares to the olive oil wars.

As with everything it depends on context. Melt in your mouth salami as part of an antipasti in a restaurant in Naples is heaven. Plastic salami from a plastic packet in ASDA, then give me chorizo every time.

As a cooking ingredient, chorizo walks it over salami, no contest.

July 23, 2019, 04:44:13 AM
Reply #4

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
So excited, history being created right in front of our eyes. Wonderful times.

July 23, 2019, 06:21:00 PM
Reply #5

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
 The new heated seats and personal barista stations will take of that  ;)

July 24, 2019, 03:10:04 PM
Reply #6

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
This is getting to me like Christams Eve as a kid!

July 25, 2019, 05:31:14 PM
Reply #7

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure whether that's has me more excited
Didn't get to see images, but got a briefing on the design etc

There's not much to tell really but personally speaking I hope they are holding something back and being deliberately "dull" regarding the actual design.

Lots of focus on being close to the pitch, lots of focus on the - quite frankly excellent - fan space outside and the preservation of heritage.

Get a feeling that like with any stadium there will be people who strongly dislike the plans. There will also be those who absolutely love it too. I hope we are all blown away and it's amazing but it really will be a surprise to everyone
Thanks! But I'm not sure if that has me more excited or more frightened. Only 7 and a half hours to go!

July 26, 2019, 02:54:50 AM
Reply #8

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Just got back in from shopping. The missus has walked off in disgust. We're off on holiday tomorrow night, tons to do, and I'm sat here grinning like a Cheshire cat and crying like a kid that just got his first puppy.

I love it. I love the legacy commitment for Goodison, the fact we have a stadium built for a football club and it's fans and a stadium that acknowledges the history of it's location. Huge thanks to everyone involved and soooo happy this has happened in my lifetime. A welcome fillip to the misery of the past few days. Also, thanks to everyone involved at NSNO, great work.

I'm having a very emotional moment or two!