January 20, 2019, 05:37:27 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Middlesborough  (Read 27519 times)

September 14, 2016, 04:59:40 PM
Read 27519 times

Thomas

Buzzing this is on BT Sport as that's why I subbied.  nod

So no excuses, lets keep up our solid home form and carry on with our winning run to stay high up the table.
2-0 win I reckon.

I do think sometimes playing promoted teams can be difficult however being an unknown quantity. I do think they will try to squeeze the space so being a bit narrow without out and out wingers and keeping the ball might help us. Barkley I think could do with a rest and I'd give Enner Valencia his debut so he can link up with Rom and midfield.

I'd go

Stek

Coleman             Jags         Welsh Captain       Baines

Gueye       Barry

Delboy    Valencia  Mirallas

Romelu
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:16:05 PM by Thomas »
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

September 14, 2016, 05:22:56 PM
Reply #1

Thomas

I don't think you can drop Mirallas either

Changed around Bolasie for Mirallas

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

September 14, 2016, 05:23:51 PM
Reply #2

Thomas

Do people really say '' subbied '' ?
And who is Taff ? If you mean Williams ,he isn't even Welsh.

This is a thread about Saturday's match, not about semantics

September 14, 2016, 05:27:06 PM
Reply #3

Thomas

If Valencia didn't make the bench on Monday, doubt he will make the starting 11 Saturday. Bench at most.

Must start with the team that killed Sunderland off on Monday, then we have a good bench to sure things up arse end of the second half.

Barkley needs to be dropped. I want to see a reaction if he comes off the bench to try and get his place back.

Going for 3-1. GS: Lukaku, Bolasie and a Baines Pen. 

Cheers @jay_2k - good post.

As  you said, it'd be nice to see Barkley come on and turn the game. I think he needs to come down a notch and hit the bench for 1 to 2 games.

I tried to vary the 1st XI just to get debate going/have a bit of fun because I want to see what Valencia can do. I suppose he is more tailor made for 2 up front and us playing on the break.

I'd prefer Mirallas to Bolasie and partner Kev with Delofeu.

September 14, 2016, 05:51:29 PM
Reply #4

Thomas

Delofeu for Barkley, with Valencia on the bench. The only changes I would expect to see.

Sure, I was being expiremental, but I understand @Bluedylan wanting to keep the side as is, to be fair that's why Leicester done so well last year using so few players.

September 14, 2016, 06:15:44 PM
Reply #5

Thomas

The term Taff is a derogatory term for us Welsh, Thomas. Seeing as you are so into your social justice maybe you should retract the statement in calling Williams' 'Taff'. Also, it refers specifically to people from South Wales, due to the river Taff. As Williams is not from there, it is also an incorrect statement. Bit like me calling you a Manc, just because you're from up that way.

Apologies then @Brownie20 I will change it. You know how sensitive I am towards the way people describe the Irish - and having had good friends from Wales of recent I can only extend the same courtesy.

I didn't know that was derogatory to be honest. Depends who you are. Some Irish/Scottish people call me 'Tam'. I don't mind.

September 14, 2016, 06:17:09 PM
Reply #6

Thomas

September 14, 2016, 06:23:37 PM
Reply #7

Thomas

Interesting game this, one were we're expected to win quite comfortably, but we never do things that are expected do we.

Sold out now as well and only a handful of tickets left for the Palace game.

How do we perform on televised games? Whats our record?

(I'm bored @Macca77 - would be an interesting stat)

September 14, 2016, 08:22:20 PM
Reply #8

Thomas

I want Gerri to get alot more game time. But I'm also quietly aware this is the season Barca can buy him back for peanuts

Is there a time limit on that?

September 17, 2016, 11:55:11 PM
Reply #9

Thomas

A pint for Gareth Barry for that.

If he scores another/the winner he can have an apology and a bottle of whisky from me.

COYB

September 17, 2016, 11:56:33 PM
Reply #10

Thomas

Howard Webb tells BT Sport

"Goodison is the hardest place to referee iun the EPL"

September 18, 2016, 12:11:45 AM
Reply #11

Thomas

Top notch Seamus :D