July 14, 2020, 10:44:06 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Norwich City - EFL Cup 3rd Round  (Read 37187 times)

September 19, 2016, 09:39:22 PM
Read 37187 times

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

September 19, 2016, 11:01:59 PM
Reply #1

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Rom's out tomorrow with an injured toe, but should be ok for the weekend.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:04:40 PM by pjk »
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

September 21, 2016, 12:55:53 AM
Reply #2

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
I'm well happy for Seamus getting the captain's armband. He'll love that.

September 21, 2016, 03:17:59 AM
Reply #3

pjk

NSNO Subscriber

September 21, 2016, 03:42:55 AM
Reply #4

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
That was painful. Ross Barkley looked like a sunday league player. I don't think I've ever seen him play that bad before. We all want Europe, but we're going to need to sign quite a few players before the Afcon, or we're going nowhere.

September 21, 2016, 04:41:58 AM
Reply #5

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
We got Gana for a real low price and Steve Walsh will be settled in by January. They must have a plan and a well researched list of targets to go for. The summer one didn't go as well as we could have hoped for, but despite tonight's disappointment we're still second in the league. That has to count for quite a bit I would think. Never mind. Bring on Bournemouth.

September 21, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
Reply #6

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Well that result confirms what we already knew, the squad isn't up to doing the job at it's current levels and needs to be improved significantly. At least we now know we're not in for an easy ride. The Striker issue has become the most pressing aspect where we need to bring in reinforcements. We also need top quality cover for Ross as he doesn't seem to be able to keep his concentration levels at their peak for any reasonable length of time.
Second in the league, absolute shite last night, but I don't much care if we can step up into Europe and start attracting the really top players.

September 21, 2016, 05:47:54 PM
Reply #7

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Just had a blue in the car askin me can I recommend a good holiday destination, told him you can't beat the canaries this time of year.... Off Twitter, the bastards. :snigger:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:48:27 PM by pjk »