October 20, 2019, 07:03:12 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 35077 times)

September 24, 2016, 09:27:52 PM
Read 35077 times

minty

Barry looks 45 today.

September 24, 2016, 09:33:08 PM
Reply #1

minty

Echo: "Gareth Barry is also said to be carrying an ankle problem but does take his place in the starting line-up alongside Idrissa Gueye."

It's looking a big mistake. He's way off the pace.

September 24, 2016, 09:38:31 PM
Reply #2

minty

That is awful from Bolasie.

September 24, 2016, 09:47:22 PM
Reply #3

minty

Might be the time to try Barkley deeper. He's looking a bit clueless as a No.10.

September 24, 2016, 09:57:40 PM
Reply #4

minty

They've all been shit so why single Barkley out?

Not really being singled out as plenty others are getting criticised but he has been poor 4 games in a row.

September 24, 2016, 09:59:59 PM
Reply #5

minty

Agree with @Bluedylan with Bolasie, yes he has been awful with the ball and his decisions terrible. But he is making sure he is involved, he is annoying people because people are getting to see him do things wrong as he is looking for the ball and trying to do something. Mirallas as he often can be has been invisible, drifting through the game not looking to do anything. That for me is worse than making poor decisions or getting what you are trying to do wrong.

Koeman can instruct Bolasie to do different things, tell him to play with same hunger to get on the ball but do something simpler, or look for a pass etc. Its much harder to get someone playing with fire when they lack that consistent mindset like Mirallas does.

Or we are just playing down the right more because Coleman is much better than Oviedo?

September 24, 2016, 10:01:58 PM
Reply #6

minty

Just not factually accurate.

My mistake- 5 games in a row.

September 24, 2016, 11:04:18 PM
Reply #7

minty

We didnt solve the problem in the window that all our attacking players apart from Lennon are complete individual players. Their first thought is what can i do, can i score a goal, can i beat a man. Those players are fine, you need them but we signed Bolasie who is another one of them and didnt get anyone of a different mould to get us a different option of balance.

So when we have individuals who have awful games like they all did today, we are going to be very poor.

Lukaku's also pretty unselfish but yeah the 3 behind him are not team players. Maybe Martinez knew what he was doing by not playing Mirallas and Deulefou at the same time much.

September 25, 2016, 02:26:50 AM
Reply #8

minty

Sorry but I disagree we have been lucky and we are shite at the moment

Yeah we created almost nothing against Middlesboro. How we got 3 goals is a miracle. Then 0 vs Norwich reserves and 0 again. Worrying.

September 25, 2016, 06:23:18 AM
Reply #9

minty

OK...well let's put it in to perspective...my perspective at least:)
We all expect this to be a rebuild year with a finish of anywhere from 6 to 10 being a success...our second place standing was deceptive and flattering...we are going to lose games...today we deservedly lost based on our first half performance...even then we had three great chances and missed all of them...one of those days...Oviedo- not EPL level, Del- totally luxury. Bolasie- frustrating as hell BUT WORKED ALL GAME and still provided the brilliant cross at the end...Ross....it's now or never for him BUT not really a no.10.
So sad day, lots of work to be done but I still trust the direction we are going in.

I don't expect us to rebuild. Lukaku and Barkley are experienced players now and need to perform. We've also no longer got a young central defender and a shit keeper. Next year with Jagielka and Baines a year older, Lukaku probably gone and likely more new signings than this year it'll be another case of needing to rebuild. 9th or 10th this season will be pathetic imo.

September 25, 2016, 05:32:30 PM
Reply #10

minty

Completely missed this game and by the sounds of it perhaps that was somewhat fortuitous.

It couldn't have been that bad could it?

I can't help but think teams feel if they can score early against us we struggle to assert ourselves.

One positive is that Bournemouth created nothing in the second half.