October 19, 2019, 10:53:11 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 35038 times)

September 24, 2016, 09:50:11 PM
Read 35038 times

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Barkley has been one of our better players so far.

Nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be and definitely not as bad as Mirallas, Bolasie, Gana, Barry, Oviedo or Williams.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

September 24, 2016, 09:56:59 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
They've all been shit so why single Barkley out?

Cos that makes you look more knowledgeable. See, I told you he was shit, but you wouldn't listen, you never do.

September 24, 2016, 10:48:31 PM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
One positive is that despite being absolute shite we've had more than enough chances to win the game. The bad news is, we've missed all of them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:48:42 PM by Major Clanger »

September 24, 2016, 10:55:10 PM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
At least we weren't given a false ray of hope like Sunderland.

September 24, 2016, 10:59:28 PM
Reply #4

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
The difference in fitness was almost as startling as in the first game of the season. We're improving but still way behind where we should be.

September 25, 2016, 07:58:01 PM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't see the game so I read a report on the BBC website. They wrote that it was a thoroughly deserved victory and that Everton were outplayed.

When I saw the stats I was surprised to read that Bournemouth only had one shot at goal.

Both of those things are true. We were outplayed in every area but our defensive line held relatively firm. Even their goal was a long-range shot (exploiting the fact both our DMs were poor). But in midfield and in wide areas they dominated us completely with plenty of players left to surround and isolate Lukaku.

Our only real chances were set-pieces or Bolasie's occasional cross squeezed in from between two Bournemouth defenders.