October 28, 2020, 05:14:43 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 43243 times)

September 24, 2016, 11:05:30 PM
Reply #495

Cozzie

The window is coming back to bite us on the arse, big time.

Barkley is horrendous, I am going to have to finally admit he will never make it, he has had more than enough chances, he was a total passenger today.

We looked crap against Norwich without Barry, and equally as crap with an injured Gareth barry today.

Are we really all about Gareth Barry?

The team was unbalanced when Koeman took over, he mentioned this but it is really showing, we let him down not getting the deals done in the window, and ended up with Valencia on loan when we have a billionaire owner.

Losing some key players to the ACON in Jan, it's gonna take a few windows to get this right but are we confident the current board, with that farce of a summer window, are to be trusted to deliver.

A lot of questions today, Bournemouth well and truly raped us, fair play to them, just did the basics right.

We will have a better season than last season obviously but there are so many fucking things wrong with this squad.

Barkley needs to be completely dropped, give him a run out of the team, but then who the fuck do we put in, anyones guess.

I don't know really, probably spouting all kinds of shite because I am pissed off, but that was embarrassing today.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:06:04 PM by Cozzie »

September 24, 2016, 11:06:08 PM
Reply #496

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Days like these highlight the paper thin nature of our squad.

September 24, 2016, 11:06:38 PM
Reply #497

blue1948

Every team has days like this. It's not pleasant but it's a reality of being a football fan. If you can't handle one of these every once in awhile, I'm not sure what can be done for you.

If it becomes a regular thing under Koeman then fair enough. But it isn't yet, so take a deep breath and relax.
I agree totally but the sad thing for him is he must realize that for all he thought he was inheriting he has so many make-weights

September 24, 2016, 11:07:23 PM
Reply #498

blue1948

fuck off Everton. We really are actually shit arent we haha

and strangely you are a wanker

September 24, 2016, 11:07:24 PM
Reply #499

Rhys

Lukaku's also pretty unselfish but yeah the 3 behind him are not team players. Maybe Martinez knew what he was doing by not playing Mirallas and Deulefou at the same time much.

He definitely knew it. Having Mirallas deulo ross and rom on the pitch you are relying on individual greatness to win the match, Bolasie similar but at least he works hard off the ball as frustrating as he is on it.

Lukaku isnt as selfish as the others, but for a forward he is very much in the mindset of how can he score whereas the role he plays he needs to offer consistency of being a focal point, and he still needs to do more when we dont have the ball. If he wants to get the elite level he believes he can, look at how Costa plays when he is focussed he doesnt give the defence a minutes peace whoever has it. Rom comes alive when there is a goal in the making.

September 24, 2016, 11:08:07 PM
Reply #500

indiantoffee1975

I expected a reaction from Tuesday, that was exceptionally poor. Lets be honest it should not have been a contest by half time. Bournemouth should have been a few up by then.

What this further confirms is that half dozen of these players won't be at the club next summer and that probably includes Ross Barkley. The problem Koeman has is still trying to get 100% from players which he doesn't want. Not easy.

September 24, 2016, 11:08:23 PM
Reply #501

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Came out of nowhere this.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 24, 2016, 11:08:38 PM
Reply #502

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 24, 2016, 11:08:50 PM
Reply #503

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

All completely inconsistant flair players. Is Kone injured. He should have been our first sub in the last 2 games. Least you know he will hold it up and win a few flick ons

You don't though.

He can pull off the odd good piece of control in really difficult situations but his use of the ball is too slow.

He'll often completely miss control the basic ones as well.

September 24, 2016, 11:09:17 PM
Reply #504

Cozzie

Came out of nowhere this.

I got to admit, it took me by surprise, haha.

September 24, 2016, 11:09:43 PM
Reply #505

Rhys

All completely inconsistant flair players. Is Kone injured. He should have been our first sub in the last 2 games. Least you know he will hold it up and win a few flick ons

For the style of player he is, yes. However the problem is he isnt near Premier league standard anymore. He doesnt have the legs, pace and while his first touch when the ball goes into his chest can be very good he doesnt have the nimbleness to then do anything with it. He holds onto it for too long and ultimately offers nothing as a result.

Its a tough one as there arent really many options. Deulofeu was the right sub for Mirallas in terms of trying something else. Maybe Lennon at half time for Mirallas would have been better for a safer option who works harder that could have helped us get a foothold in the game before trying to be expansive.

September 24, 2016, 11:09:46 PM
Reply #506

Simon Paul

Administrator

I reckon she's boss at it too

September 24, 2016, 11:10:33 PM
Reply #507

Ross

Koeman must take a lot of blame today. You can't start a premier league game with a player injured if you've got alternatives who are fit and capable. We never got going and part of the reason for that was because we missed Barry's influence, he might have been on the pitch but he wasn't present today and we looked much better when he went off.

Poor team selection, some terrible individual performances plus missing some very presentable chances equal tough shit no matter who you're playing against and today Bournemouth weren't up to much really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 24, 2016, 11:11:42 PM
Reply #508

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Could have brought Cleverley on for one of the wingers or Barkley and made it tighter in the middle to establish a base to attack from but that's a brave call when losing at someone like Bournemouth.

September 24, 2016, 11:11:48 PM
Reply #509

blue1948

Bolasie puts his foot on the ball in the final third.

And then drags it. And then does it again. And again. And then loses it.
wrong every time he dragged it he lost it