October 20, 2020, 04:08:47 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 42956 times)

September 25, 2016, 01:48:49 AM
Reply #555

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's like people have forgotten that even in a (very) good season we're going to lose about 6-10 games.

September 25, 2016, 01:59:36 AM
Reply #556

Cozzie

Koeman wont walk, ridiculous shout.

However, one can't help but feel he is a little pissed off given what he was "promised" when he made the switch.

Yes we doubled his wages and people can look at that, but that transfer window was a disaster, he must have been, and probably still is, seething about it.

September 25, 2016, 02:02:24 AM
Reply #557

Rodenplav64

Koeman wont walk, ridiculous shout.

However, one can't help but feel he is a little pissed off given what he was "promised" when he made the switch.

Yes we doubled his wages and people can look at that, but that transfer window was a disaster, he must have been, and probably still is, seething about it.

When I said he will walk I didn't mean now but the promises he has been made will turn out to be empty . Just a hunch based on the last 30 years of EFC .

September 25, 2016, 02:03:27 AM
Reply #558

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We've got a nice game to bounce back with on Friday.

You don't want to be playing one of the big boys then have two defeats on the bounce.

He's still learning about the players. It will take him a few months to know who's good enough and who isn't
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 25, 2016, 02:04:27 AM
Reply #559

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
We've still averaged so far 2.17 pts per game after 6 games, which is astonishing considering we only averaged 0.6 pts per game in the last 6 games of last season.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 25, 2016, 02:14:06 AM
Reply #560

therealdunc

He's still learning about the players. It will take him a few months to know who's good enough and who isn't

he clearly already knows, the likes of niasse, osman and mcgeady have gone

the average dross like gibson, cleverley, lennon , oviedo and fumes mori will never be part of his plans for the first 11.

what is most disapointing about koeman's signings other than Valencia so far has been Bolasie. He was poor for palace when starting games and was only consistently useful as a impact sub.
To be relying on Bolasie as a first 11 player is not a good sign.

Hopefully some long term reinforcements are planed for January.
Blue

September 25, 2016, 02:14:17 AM
Reply #561

Sixx1402

I think there's a slight over reaction on here tonight, we've still had a good start to the season.

We're seeing now that the transfer window was a let down but our 1st 11 is USUALLY good so let's not get too carried away

We will need a least a couple of key signings in January even if we have to pay over the odds for them, I think we'll get them as the owner will want to make a statement after that deadline day fiasco.

We've got to hope our main players stay fit until then, Walsh will have had plenty of time to identify targets

To be fair though palace is now a must win if we're serious about staying in and around the top 6 because if we lose on Friday it's likely to be 4 defeats on the bounce (including Norwich) and that will be shit.

Lot if pressure on us against palace now, let's see how we respond
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

September 25, 2016, 02:26:50 AM
Reply #562

minty

Sorry but I disagree we have been lucky and we are shite at the moment

Yeah we created almost nothing against Middlesboro. How we got 3 goals is a miracle. Then 0 vs Norwich reserves and 0 again. Worrying.

September 25, 2016, 02:50:28 AM
Reply #563

bluenuck

So we are blowing a wad of cash on a mid fielder this January, aren't we?

September 25, 2016, 03:39:34 AM
Reply #564

Rodenplav64

We've still averaged so far 2.17 pts per game after 6 games, which is astonishing considering we only averaged 0.6 pts per game in the last 6 games of last season.

We are actually 1 point better of than at the same point last season and already out of the 1 cup so far contested . Koeman will soon know what managing Everton and our fans is all about .

September 25, 2016, 04:04:34 AM
Reply #565

Everton Mint

It's like people have forgotten that even in a (very) good season we're going to lose about 6-10 games.

True, but there are ways of losing that are acceptable and today's wasn't one of them. It was a pathetic performance.

100% effort, fight, determination and will to win are the minimum requirements... then if the other team is better then ok, you can lose.

September 25, 2016, 04:05:32 AM
Reply #566

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

We are actually 1 point better of than at the same point last season and already out of the 1 cup so far contested . Koeman will soon know what managing Everton and our fans is all about .

We only had 9 points after 6 games last season; unless you mean the equivalent fixtures?

September 25, 2016, 04:34:16 AM
Reply #567

bluenuck

True, but there are ways of losing that are acceptable and today's wasn't one of them. It was a pathetic performance.

100% effort, fight, determination and will to win are the minimum requirements... then if the other team is better then ok, you can lose.

I'm in full agreement with this.

I think though we need to give this new regime some time to rid the laziness from the previous regime.

I also think people my be over reacting because the last 2 seasons we saw to much of this and it's a bit scary seeing it happen with a new manager in charge.

Let's hope next weeks game we are back to our winning ways and today is just one of those types of games where everyone was off.

September 25, 2016, 05:13:14 AM
Reply #568

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking drama or what. We were shit today and midweek but there's lots of good things going on in this team and lots to look forward to.  What reassures me is the fact we have decent points on the board and have only played well in patches, there's lots still to come from players we know are capable of more.

September 25, 2016, 05:27:02 AM
Reply #569

KoemansNumberTens

It's a long term job. We are already better defensively. All our signings have had at least a decent start. We've got decent points on the board
Think the reality is we've done quite well so far but we needed more players we need more time
I don't think Barkley deulofeu or Mirallas are what koeman wants. It takes time though. We need the next transfer window.