November 24, 2017, 10:52:56 PM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Palace - Fri 8pm  (Read 12171 times)

September 27, 2016, 06:31:27 PM
Reply #30

wilbur

If Cleverley is the answer, it's the wrong question.  :headbang:
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

September 27, 2016, 07:00:39 PM
Reply #31

Bluedylan

I'd personally go with a standard 4-3-3. I think we risk overcomplicating things and losing our way a bit if we start alternating to 3-4-3s or 3-4-2-1s. 
I just think we need to get our mentality and our pressing back, the way it was against Spurs, and the formation will be fine.

If we can come flying out at them, and put a massive effort in with and without the ball for the first 20 minutes, the crowd will get right on board and then we can take the momentum from there. International break after this, so we need to put one big push in and leave everything on the pitch.

Much as I'm a staunch defender of his, I do think there's a reasonable argument to leave Barkley on the bench now for a game or two, take him out of the limelight and let him watch from the sidelines for a bit.

I also think we've become very imbalanced in the way we seek to attack. Everything is coming down the right again, and the left side is largely anonymous. So for that reason I would move Bolasie out to the left.

So I'd go:
                  Stekelenburg
Coleman   Jags   Williams   Holgate
         Gana    Cleverley    Barry
Mirallas                                Bolasie
                     Lukaku

High energy, high pressing, loads of effort. Encourage the players to shoot often, and get the Friday night crowd into the game early on and take it from there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:03:02 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 27, 2016, 07:05:30 PM
Reply #32

stirlingblue

I think we saw that you can't play 4 'spectacular' forward players at once as you need some in there to keep it simple.

I think we need either Lennon or Cleverly in one of those positions to just do the basics right and keep the ball moving.

September 28, 2016, 12:10:49 AM
Reply #33

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Clattenburg is ref.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 28, 2016, 12:30:03 AM
Reply #34

Shogun

Administrator
Clattenburg is ref.

All refs are crap but I genuinely think he's corrupt.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 28, 2016, 01:20:44 AM
Reply #35

bacon sarnie

Clattenburg is ref.

Best ref in the world. Was gonna say Win 2-1 Lukaku.......argh!

September 28, 2016, 02:00:16 AM
Reply #36

plumber

September 28, 2016, 02:41:18 AM
Reply #37

Evertonian in NC

I'm just pleased to have something to look forward to on Friday for a fucking change!

/am old, Friday night loses its lustre as one gets up in years
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 28, 2016, 05:40:44 AM
Reply #38

Rhys

Generally when you watch him ref he is a really good ref when you take all feeling towards him away. Before the lescott derby, and since he has been back a lot of the time he has great games and he has big finals because of it.

It's what makes it all the more strange/annoying/corrupt, collina was easily the best ref in Europe for years and he screws us, and clattenburg probably the best English ref I can think of and he screws us in major games.

Can someone get a telegraph reporter to dress up as a man from Manchester who lives in a one room bedsit pretending to want to invest in the PL  to find him out?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:15:44 AM by Rhys »

September 28, 2016, 06:09:55 AM
Reply #39

Cozzie

September 28, 2016, 06:23:10 AM
Reply #40

Dr. Sponge

I'd go 433 or 4321 with these players:

Steklenberg

Coleman
Jagielka
Williams
Holgate

Cleverley
Barry
Gana

Barkley
Lukaku
Bolasie

After last week's performance I think we need a bit more of an industrial approach, and I thought Cleverley showed some good signs when he came off the bench.

Something different needs to be done with Barkley as well, it's not happening for him at the moment. Moving him out of the centre as a wide forward where there's more space might be a good idea.

September 28, 2016, 06:29:26 PM
Reply #41

Macca77

Loves the limelight doesn't he, pretty sure I read somewhere that he's had tattoo's done of the champions league trophy and Euro trophy because he was the ref for both finals

September 28, 2016, 06:37:03 PM
Reply #42

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Loves the limelight doesn't he, pretty sure I read somewhere that he's had tattoo's done of the champions league trophy and Euro trophy because he was the ref for both finals

I have to return some videotapes.

September 28, 2016, 06:45:10 PM
Reply #43

Dr. Sponge

Fair play to him.

Emphasis on "fair". No more dodgy penalty decisions please.

September 29, 2016, 12:23:34 AM
Reply #44

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"