November 20, 2017, 06:40:33 AM

Poll

MOTM (What do you mean where the fuck have these polls been?)

Joel
0 (0%)
Coleman
1 (1.3%)
Williams
0 (0%)
Funes Mori
0 (0%)
Oviedo
3 (3.9%)
Gana
1 (1.3%)
Barry
8 (10.4%)
Bolasie
2 (2.6%)
Barkley
30 (39%)
Mirallas
0 (0%)
Lukaku
31 (40.3%)
Cleverley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Jagielka (Sub)
1 (1.3%)
Lennon (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Everton V West Ham - Sunday Oct 30th 1.30pm  (Read 12122 times)

October 29, 2016, 01:31:41 PM
Reply #45

Bluedylan

It's kinda important we win this. Chelsea away next won't be at all easy. If we don't win this, we could very easily see ourselves winless in 7, and sliding into mid table nothingness. Need to get some momentum going, quick time.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 29, 2016, 01:46:02 PM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Massively so, hence why he got double figures in assists without Pienaar a few seasons ago. Even if it's just in terms of taking players out with a pass into the forward's feet, he offers plenty from an attacking point of few.

Oviedo has done well defensively but being cautious shouldn't mean never do anything progressive.

To be fair against Burnley he made several decent runs / overlaps and the player with the ball just went themselves.

Barkley, Bolasie, Mirallas and Deulofeu will all look to do something themselves first and then for a runner, by which time the pass to the runner isn't on.

I think it's Oviedo's passing game that is much less progressive than Baines' and therefore less likely to make something happen without support from other players.

October 29, 2016, 03:07:53 PM
Reply #47

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It's all about how that attacking midfield 3 perform for me

The goalkeeper, defence, defensive mids and striker have largely done their job well this season

Of that attacking midfield 3, only Bolasie is providing a regular threat. He himself frustrates but he keeps on trying things

Mirallas, Barkley and Deulofeu need to start contributing or I really think Lennon deserves a shot. You know at the very least you are getting a lot of pressing from him, and usually when he gets a run in the side he will score a few as well
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 29, 2016, 03:36:40 PM
Reply #48

Dr. Sponge

It's all about how that attacking midfield 3 perform for me

The goalkeeper, defence, defensive mids and striker have largely done their job well this season

Of that attacking midfield 3, only Bolasie is providing a regular threat. He himself frustrates but he keeps on trying things

Mirallas, Barkley and Deulofeu need to start contributing or I really think Lennon deserves a shot. You know at the very least you are getting a lot of pressing from him, and usually when he gets a run in the side he will score a few as well

I hate this phrase but... I could agree more.

In the first two thirds of the pitch we're very good. But in the final third there's no cohesion.

All of our attacking players are the kind to want to do it on their own. So many times we've been one pass away from playing someone in, but there's too many chew-the-balls. I dislike chew-the-balls.

October 29, 2016, 05:02:09 PM
Reply #49

eyesalwaysblue

Wont take much to improve on Burnley especially first half, hop Lakaku leaves the "Walking" boots at ome.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 29, 2016, 05:22:52 PM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lennon has to start, surely?

October 29, 2016, 11:19:15 PM
Reply #51

ForzaItalia

Slightly off topic, anyone give me some parking options for Sunday? Cheers
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

October 30, 2016, 12:15:35 AM
Reply #52

Gash

Global Moderator

Usually just go to the car park in Stanley Park. It's about 8 which is par for the course near the ground but unlike some of the smaller ones you don't get blocked in and it's 'fairly' easy to get out.

October 30, 2016, 12:30:41 AM
Reply #53

Alanvideo

.............we park in the old school by The Albany pub off Westminster Road .5 mins walk to Goodison ,costs 5 and you don't get blocked in.
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 30, 2016, 12:58:38 AM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Park in front of Steks goal. Especially if you have an SUV :)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 30, 2016, 01:06:36 AM
Reply #55

eyesalwaysblue

park in front of our goal and at half time switch ....

October 30, 2016, 01:08:28 AM
Reply #56

eyesalwaysblue

Park in front of Steks goal. Especially if you have an SUV :)
sorry you got there 1st didnt see yer post

October 30, 2016, 01:09:32 AM
Reply #57

april

Need a win tomorrow to keep in touch with the top 5. Lose and a big gap appears, and we're down in that second tier with Watford, Southampton and Man U!
Toffeegirls Rule.

October 30, 2016, 05:46:25 AM
Reply #58

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the squad tomorrow apparently
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 30, 2016, 06:22:09 AM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair against Burnley he made several decent runs / overlaps and the player with the ball just went themselves.

Barkley, Bolasie, Mirallas and Deulofeu will all look to do something themselves first and then for a runner, by which time the pass to the runner isn't on.

I think it's Oviedo's passing game that is much less progressive than Baines' and therefore less likely to make something happen without support from other players.

Baines and Barry are the only players who can hit a striker from deep consistently. Even better than that is they can deliver it to feet. invaluable.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.