November 24, 2017, 03:36:53 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 10875 times)

November 03, 2016, 07:08:02 PM
Reply #30

bigmanbob

I don't like the look of the OP's middle three, I can't see Cleverley doing anything as a holding midfielder. I know he's had a stop start season and wasn't all that last season but surely this is a game for McCarthy to show his onions if he's fit

November 03, 2016, 07:28:52 PM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Robbed of a win last season.

They are playing out of their skin for Conte though, ask Jose !

November 03, 2016, 08:02:37 PM
Reply #32

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Stekelenburg fit for Saturday.  Baines still not ready.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

November 04, 2016, 01:24:04 AM
Reply #33

Cozzie

Cant have Baines back quick enough.

Oviedo has done brilliant in his absence, but we are just over all a much better side with Leighton in there.

November 04, 2016, 04:10:44 PM
Reply #34

Lxxx

With the three at the back you'd like to think Bolasie will get some space and Mirallas needs to stop coming inside all the time for us to take advantage of their system and have any chance of getting something. I'd even swap the two over for this game to get Bolasie in behind Moses.

November 04, 2016, 06:49:11 PM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we go 3 at the back I'd expect the front 3 to be Barkley Lukaku Bolasie.

Koeman seemed to suggest that the choice for the deeper role was either Cleverley or Davies.

November 04, 2016, 08:09:12 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

I'm not saying Davies would be right for this game but if we continue to see the powder puff Cleverley used in a deeper lying role over Davies it would seem to indicate that Koeman doesn't really fancy him, especially as Cleverley brings nothing playing in front of the back four.

November 04, 2016, 08:14:45 PM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Cleverley will be a lot more tactically aware than he's given credit for I'd imagine.

November 04, 2016, 08:15:48 PM
Reply #38

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we're sticking with 4 at the back I'd like to see Davies in with Barry and the front 4 with Barkley on the left, Cleverley in the middle and Bolasie on the right.

November 04, 2016, 09:09:07 PM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Would prefer to see clevs further up the pitch.

I think he links the play quite well and likes to get in the box. Just doesn't seem to impose himself on the game as much as he should.

November 04, 2016, 10:32:14 PM
Reply #40

Alanvideo

Team pictured on Runcorn station in the Echo . Do they normally go by train to that London ? .or is this a Koeman thing ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 04, 2016, 10:55:18 PM
Reply #41

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Team pictured on Runcorn station in the Echo . Do they normally go by train to that London ? .or is this a Koeman thing ?
Been doing it for a while now

Simply simply lovely

November 04, 2016, 11:06:24 PM
Reply #42

cantoffee

Would prefer to see clevs further up the pitch.

I think he links the play quite well and likes to get in the box. Just doesn't seem to impose himself on the game as much as he should.
Yea Cleverly is fine further up the pitch but I don't think he has the tenacity or energy to get about the pitch playing in front of the back 4.

Agree with GLewis, would like to see Barkley on the left with Cleverly behind Lukaku and Mirallas dropped. Davies to partner Barry. However I think we'll see the same team as last game with Cleverly in for Gana and possibly Jags in for Mori.

November 05, 2016, 04:05:26 PM
Reply #43

Hannibal Lecter

My take on this game is that we won't get twatted but we will lose quite comfortably.
Chelsea will put their foot on the gas from minute one and brush us aside with two goals in first 25 mins and then play the Italian tactic which will make us look like we are within shot of getting something out of the game.

I think Illuminati already has the score settled so just pour yourself a whiskey and enjoy it instead of getting worked up aboot this game. 😈🖖🍾
Jönköpings Södra IF

November 05, 2016, 06:33:11 PM
Reply #44

Bluedylan

I'd play 3-5-2, with a midfield three of Barry, Cleverley and Davies (dropping Barkley, purely for tactical reasons).

Get Bolasie up close to Rom, and those two can definitely cause Cahill and Luiz serious problems, if our transition play and our out ball is good enough. A lot of the time it will effectively be a 5-3-2, because you'd expect Chelsea to monopolise possession, but that's fine. We kept City at arms length (aside from Jags' aberrations) and they are a better attacking force than Chelsea.

Chelsea have been stronger in recent times, but they still have vulnerabilities, players not playing in their natural positions (Moses and Azpilicueta), shit players (Cahill), and people who can go completely missing if you can get on top of them early on (Hazard).

I think we can win this.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.