April 26, 2017, 06:53:33 PM

Author Topic: January 2017 Transfer Window  (Read 155977 times)

November 15, 2016, 09:49:19 PM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

Reading about getting Galloway back is the best news I've seen all week.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 15, 2016, 10:21:42 PM
Reply #46

Shogun

Administrator
A CB playing left back was probably a bit too adventurous for Pulis.

A bit short sighted of us to send him there in retrospect. As soon as Brunt returned from injury, he was always coming back into the team.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 15, 2016, 10:54:50 PM
Reply #47

kramer0

A CB playing left back was probably a bit too adventurous for Pulis.

That's Pulis' M.O.! Although, like you say, he does seem to prefer Brunt there and Brunt is a left winger by trade. Galloway was probably a bit too cultured (i.e. reluctant to launch aimless diagonals) to work out in that system.

Aside that nobody cares about: I once did a Pulis-ball FIFA save. The conditions were (1) that I wasn't allowed anyone less than 6'2" in the back four, (2) I had to have six natural CBs on the pitch at all times (typically the back four and CMs), and (3) at least one of my forwards had to be a big target man. I recommend the Pulis-ball challenge to anyone that's bored with FIFA. It's a lot of fun trying to find centre backs that can play any other role on the pitch effectively. Bonus points for starting with a poor lower-league team (I think I did mine with Gillingham).

November 15, 2016, 11:03:55 PM
Reply #48

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There's not a lot of great signings moving around in January.  A couple of stop gap signings are most likely

November 15, 2016, 11:05:40 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pulis has often played CBs at full back I think.

The problem is he's got no incentive / willingness to put up with Galloway's (or any young player's, particularly a loanee) mistakes.

November 15, 2016, 11:08:08 PM
Reply #50

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Bonus points for starting with a poor lower-league team (I think I did mine with Gillingham).

Sure Pulis was at Gillingham when City came back from the dead in the 3rd tier play off.

November 15, 2016, 11:26:54 PM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That's Pulis' M.O.! Although, like you say, he does seem to prefer Brunt there and Brunt is a left winger by trade. Galloway was probably a bit too cultured (i.e. reluctant to launch aimless diagonals) to work out in that system.

Aside that nobody cares about: I once did a Pulis-ball FIFA save. The conditions were (1) that I wasn't allowed anyone less than 6'2" in the back four, (2) I had to have six natural CBs on the pitch at all times (typically the back four and CMs), and (3) at least one of my forwards had to be a big target man. I recommend the Pulis-ball challenge to anyone that's bored with FIFA. It's a lot of fun trying to find centre backs that can play any other role on the pitch effectively. Bonus points for starting with a poor lower-league team (I think I did mine with Gillingham).

Brilliant.

November 15, 2016, 11:57:05 PM
Reply #52

cantoffee

I can understand people feeling that we should bring in 3 first teamers but that is very diifcult in January when other teams may not have lined up their replacements.

Or as we're seeing with the potential roadblocks for Depay and Schneiderlin teams might simply not want to sell to us. They may be more willing in the summer but midseason it can be difficult.

I think if we get 1 first teamer and a couple of squad fillers we'll have done ok. Obviously I would like 3 first XI additions but that seems unlikely in Jan.

November 16, 2016, 12:06:57 AM
Reply #53

bogie

going of what we made in the last window and what we had to spend I am really hoping this is a window we do work in

sell McCarthy get this guy in Ignacio Camacho along with Morgan Schneiderlin no point waiting till the summer to look for barry,s replacement

that would give us 4 in there and Gibson for what he,s worth

net spend there around £20m and defence mid sorted for a lot of years

goal keeper if we don't get one this window then for me its all about the big lad at Southampton in the summer

and I cant beleave I am saying this but a left back even over a right back  Luke Shaw 2 reasons he is good and quick  2nd reason do not want him at Liverpool

again its £20m

that leaves £20 for attacking player before any going out and that's not going over the top with what has been said about what we can spend

November 16, 2016, 12:08:37 AM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Give this lad a call

Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

November 16, 2016, 12:43:36 AM
Reply #55

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
Think it's a hairs breath away from somebody using Besic and Galloways returns as an excuse for not buying anyone in January.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 16, 2016, 01:18:39 AM
Reply #56

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Think it's a hairs breath away from somebody using Besic and Galloways returns as an excuse for not buying anyone in January.

Could always bring Niasse back into the fold...

November 16, 2016, 01:23:20 AM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
You seem like you genuinely want moshiri and koeman to fail
I don't get it tbh

If they do and they well might, it reflects fuck all on martinez....in fact it kinda shows how far back he took us
Heisenberg thoughts on Lukaku :
If he was English his value would be 10-15.

November 16, 2016, 01:28:03 AM
Reply #58

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get it tbh

If they do and they well might, it reflects fuck all on martinez....in fact it kinda shows how far back he took us

It's all about them sweet internet points.

November 16, 2016, 01:33:12 AM
Reply #59

Ross

NSNO Subscriber
I don't get it tbh

The fact you've played the Martinez card reflects poorly on you I'd say. He's gone, consigned to Everton's history like many many others. It's time others got over that because I've not mentioned him in relation to Everton for a good few months I'd imagine.

There's also no way I want Moshiri or Koeman to fail because simply that means Everton have failed.

This thread is about the coming transfer window and how and what people think will happen let's keep it that way instead of constant looking backwards to score points.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.