November 18, 2017, 04:16:44 PM

Author Topic: Southampton vs Everton  (Read 12961 times)

November 28, 2016, 07:24:56 PM
Reply #645

Lxxx

All this rolling your foot over the ball to entice the defender in and fool him, when all it does is entice the defender in and fool himself, is a 'trick' that clearly only works in the mirror. Apart from that I like him.

November 28, 2016, 07:37:29 PM
Reply #646

KoemansNumberTens

no I am just the guy that looks both ways before crossing the street

his attacking play is all if,s ands and buts
his defence play lol don't get me started
and his team play lol not a fucking clue
to long has he been playing in a team that let him sit up the pitch and hope to get on the end of a hoff clearness

ok we take a look at the one were he run up the middle of the pitch and had that wild shot , wild or not that not the problem , the problem is that he was just waddling back and it was barry going out of his defence role to do Bolasie,s closing down role that got there player to make the mistake that time it worked out for us other time it fucking cost us

like I have said look both ways

Ifs and buts. Are you serious? He's a winger. It's about assists. He can't assist if we miss the sitters he creates. Are you asking him to finish the chances he creates? You're talking nonsense. What do you want him to do to stop others missing sitters?

November 28, 2016, 07:39:01 PM
Reply #647

Ross

Imagine if when Bolasie got his head up he had Barkley to aim for as well as Lukaku, busting a gut like Cahill used to and arriving late into the box to offer another goal threat and giving the centre backs something else to contend with. Wouldn't that be a novelty. Some on here defend Barkley to the hilt but he's as much to blame as everyone else as to why we offer nothing in the final third with his inability and unwillingness to go past Rom and become the second striker at times. Granted he did it against West Brom and again at the weekend and Bolasie should have had another couple of assists but on both occasions he looked like a fish out of water in trying to head a football.

Players won't commit to a run like Cahill did because he's to unpredictable. He's more likely to try and beat his marker for a second or third time than cross for a runner.

The beauty of the Pienaar>Baines>Cahill axis was its simplicity. Defenders knew it was coming but were mostly powerless to stop it. Bolasie over complicates things so much not only do his teammates not know what's going to happen I'm certain neither does he. He's a maverick and he's one of the main reasons we look so incoherent as any sort of attacking force.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 28, 2016, 07:40:26 PM
Reply #648

KoemansNumberTens

I'm coming at this from a constructive criticism angle...

His problem is that he tends to go from one end the spectrum to the other in the space of 5 minutes.

So we have the good cross for Barkley but then we have that break in the second half where we were in great positions but he just ran into their defender when there was a simple pass out right.

You can't ignore these things just the same as people who seemingly really don't like him ignore the good things.

But because the bad things (like when he tries a needless trick) are really bad, they stick in people's minds.

All the best bits he's done for us have been uncomplicated movements and crosses. Virtually nothing "fancy" has come off let alone be of any use.

He and we would be better off if he concentrated on making sure he ups the simple things he's done well to 2/3 times a game and concentrated on making sure he doesn't do anything too daft until he's in a really good run of form. Then he can try more expansive things and critics will have a lot less ammunition to use against him.

Totally agree he's very inconsistent from 1 minute to the next but over a 90 he creates chances week in week out. If he was consistently at his best he'd be a fucking world beater and not playing for Everton

Lukaku and Barkley do nowt some weeks. Mirallas and deulofeu do nowt most weeks. Bolasie does something of real value every week

November 28, 2016, 07:42:19 PM
Reply #649

KoemansNumberTens

Players won't commit to a run like Cahill did because he's to unpredictable. He's more likely to try and beat his marker for a second or third time than cross for a runner.

The beauty of the Pienaar>Baines>Cahill axis was its simplicity. Defenders knew it was coming but were mostly powerless to stop it. Bolasie over complicates things so much not only do his teammates not know what's going to happen I'm certain neither does he. He's a maverick and he's one of the main reasons we look so incoherent as any sort of attacking force.

That's not true. Players won't commit to a run like Cahill because we have a whole host of attacking players who have zero clue about clever moment.

November 28, 2016, 07:50:53 PM
Reply #650

Lxxx

Nah. You're talking like everything was running okay until the arrival of Bolasie when in reality nothing really happened until we signed Bolasie and now at least something happens. Granted we can't anticipate what but he'll guarantee you a chance a game at least.

November 28, 2016, 08:01:20 PM
Reply #651

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can only imagine how fucking boring we would be to watch without Bolassie.

Shit season, wrap it up already can't be arsed with it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 28, 2016, 08:02:25 PM
Reply #652

KoemansNumberTens

Shit season, wrap it up already can't be arsed with it.

Fuck the games off. We'll just have the next 3 transfer windows please

November 28, 2016, 11:26:40 PM
Reply #653

bogie

Ifs and buts. Are you serious? He's a winger. It's about assists. He can't assist if we miss the sitters he creates. Are you asking him to finish the chances he creates? You're talking nonsense. What do you want him to do to stop others missing sitters?

he is not creating anymore than anyone playing out there would
I could say he needs to improve but really I don't think he has any room for it , my only hope is westbrom come in for him and we get something back on him

scoring an odd goal or getting the odd assist if only papering over the cracks in his over all play (SHIT)

nil satis nisi optimum for £25m I would hope we got nearer that than what we got with this waste of money

November 28, 2016, 11:29:05 PM
Reply #654

bogie

Nah. You're talking like everything was running okay until the arrival of Bolasie when in reality nothing really happened until we signed Bolasie and now at least something happens. Granted we can't anticipate what but he'll guarantee you a chance a game at least.

is that a whole chance a game and you would take that

November 28, 2016, 11:56:50 PM
Reply #655

cantoffee

It would be nice if all of our players had Bolasie's mental strength.

No matter what he gets involved and creates something.

I agree he needs to simplify things at times and makes the wrong decision too often but he actually creates chances.

I also agree that Barkley should add runs from deep, beyond Lukaku to his game. He would score 10 a season no problem and it would be what's needed to take him to the next level.

November 29, 2016, 12:17:32 AM
Reply #656

bacon sarnie

Glad I didn't get to see this one either. Missing nowt really. Shit innit.

November 29, 2016, 02:40:35 AM
Reply #657

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

he is not creating anymore than anyone playing out there would

Well compared to the other 3 players who have tried on the other side, yes he is.

December 08, 2016, 01:59:00 PM
Reply #658

Jamokachi

About to find out!