December 12, 2017, 10:22:45 AM

Author Topic: [News]Is it time to bring Oumar Niasse in from the cold?  (Read 3682 times)

December 02, 2016, 07:47:48 PM
Reply #15

TheTone

would rather Mirallas or Deulofeu up front

has Kone been dropped from being shit too?

deCoubertin

December 02, 2016, 08:09:00 PM
Reply #16

everton1952

Promote one youngster and bin crap such as Niasse and Kone. Whether  a half decent striker or two are available in the January window is a moot point. It might have to wait until April.

December 02, 2016, 11:04:06 PM
Reply #17

Bluedylan

Underappreciated.

Cheers. I actually thought immediately after I wrote it that it was piss poor, but I'll take any compliments, no matter how tenuous.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 07, 2016, 05:31:06 PM
Reply #18

Ridge

Lots of fans seem to get caught up in a conspiracy theory about him being a fraud. His position is surely also related to the assault incident back in may and him not being required through injury/suspension in first team. It's because he's behind Lukaku for front position that chances are so limited, Koeman has a system first and foremost and that doesn't have 2 strikers. Koeman may have wanted him out, but he also may have wanted him to help in reserves to help, develop, and be able to come into the first team hungry and enthused.

Whatever Koeman's thoughts upon arrival, I think it's difficult not to be impressed with how Niasse has got on with the disappointment and rejection. He's not sulking or only turning up when it suits him, he's doing the hard graft, off the ball, in the under 23s. But more than that, it appears that he's a well liked and regarded part of the team, in training as well as match day. He's doing all the right things in terms of demonstrating his worth and that will surely only go unacknowledged by Koeman for so long, probably until he's needed.

I think Koeman's position is also in the hope to be proved wrong, to create adversity and maybe some humility. If you want a more genuine appraisal, you only need to look at Unsworth's comments about Niasse, he understands the situatio, his talent and is managing him very well. He's a hard working and relatively unselfish player for a front man, he gets a surprising amount of assists, it's often more utilising a team mate in better shooting position than creativity, but with his pace and workrate he creates the space to get those opportunities.

Bolasie is now out for the much of the rest of the season and we might need some reinforcements. Long term, we won't keep Kone or Valencia and Lukaku rarely loses sight of the door. I think he was always considered a bit of a rough diamond and maybe he just needed time to improve technique and become a more well rounded player as well as adapt.

It's hard to know how things progress from here, he could carry on scoring goals in reserves and not get a chance. But I think there is also a fair to decent chance that he will either play himself into the first team on performances or when opportunity arises. I think he could well feature in some cup games alongside some others from under 23s. I also think there is a real chance he could explode into first team and prominence, it's his kind of style.

December 07, 2016, 05:39:36 PM
Reply #19

ally2

Undue credit. He's a footballer who is playing football. That's nothing to write home about. He's scoring at a poor standard. That's not impressive either.

December 07, 2016, 05:56:52 PM
Reply #20

Rodenplav64

The way we are playing at the minute he seriously wouldn't look out of place .

December 07, 2016, 05:56:57 PM
Reply #21

Ramjam

My guess is that he will be snapped up by another premier league team and he'll come back to hunt us, then watch Koeman get slagged off
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

December 07, 2016, 08:30:43 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

He's got Hull in January written all over him. Same as Cleverley. Hopefully.

December 07, 2016, 10:38:28 PM
Reply #23

bigmanbob

Lots of fans seem to get caught up in a conspiracy theory about him being a fraud. His position is surely also related to the assault incident back in may and him not being required through injury/suspension in first team. It's because he's behind Lukaku for front position that chances are so limited, Koeman has a system first and foremost and that doesn't have 2 strikers. Koeman may have wanted him out, but he also may have wanted him to help in reserves to help, develop, and be able to come into the first team hungry and enthused.

Whatever Koeman's thoughts upon arrival, I think it's difficult not to be impressed with how Niasse has got on with the disappointment and rejection. He's not sulking or only turning up when it suits him, he's doing the hard graft, off the ball, in the under 23s. But more than that, it appears that he's a well liked and regarded part of the team, in training as well as match day. He's doing all the right things in terms of demonstrating his worth and that will surely only go unacknowledged by Koeman for so long, probably until he's needed.

I think Koeman's position is also in the hope to be proved wrong, to create adversity and maybe some humility. If you want a more genuine appraisal, you only need to look at Unsworth's comments about Niasse, he understands the situatio, his talent and is managing him very well. He's a hard working and relatively unselfish player for a front man, he gets a surprising amount of assists, it's often more utilising a team mate in better shooting position than creativity, but with his pace and workrate he creates the space to get those opportunities.

Bolasie is now out for the much of the rest of the season and we might need some reinforcements. Long term, we won't keep Kone or Valencia and Lukaku rarely loses sight of the door. I think he was always considered a bit of a rough diamond and maybe he just needed time to improve technique and become a more well rounded player as well as adapt.

It's hard to know how things progress from here, he could carry on scoring goals in reserves and not get a chance. But I think there is also a fair to decent chance that he will either play himself into the first team on performances or when opportunity arises. I think he could well feature in some cup games alongside some others from under 23s. I also think there is a real chance he could explode into first team and prominence, it's his kind of style.

You could have just said he was shit like everyone else :)

December 07, 2016, 10:47:40 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

Was it a slow day at work?  :snigger:

December 08, 2016, 12:09:49 AM
Reply #25

BlueBeagle

it's his kind of style.

Watch him a lot in Russia then mate yeah? "His Style" as if you've watched any more of him than what we all saw last year.

2nd ton of diarrhea you've posted today lolol

This isn't quite as good as Lukaku running the least of any player in the League because Chelsea let him go and he felt betrayed though.

Wonder what nonsense you're going to invent next? Jagielka has lost form lately because his cat ran away when he was 7 and he's suffering PTSD?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:21:32 AM by BlueBeagle »

December 08, 2016, 02:59:20 AM
Reply #26

Ridge

Watch him a lot in Russia then mate yeah? "His Style" as if you've watched any more of him than what we all saw last year.

2nd ton of diarrhea you've posted today lolol

This isn't quite as good as Lukaku running the least of any player in the League because Chelsea let him go and he felt betrayed though.

Wonder what nonsense you're going to invent next? Jagielka has lost form lately because his cat ran away when he was 7 and he's suffering PTSD?

You don't need to be a weatherman to realise what way the wind is blowing.

I enjoy having discussion and debate, but I'm not going to spend my time justifying my opinion to people who struggle to have their own one.

December 08, 2016, 03:21:09 AM
Reply #27

BlueBeagle

I enjoy having discussion and debate

It's not a debate though is it, you're just blatantly making stuff up lolol

December 08, 2016, 03:30:26 AM
Reply #28

Ridge

It's not a debate though is it, you're just blatantly making stuff up lolol

I have my own opinions, and you're only looking to undermine messenger, so waste of both our time, so good day sir.

December 08, 2016, 04:19:45 AM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd love ridge to be right and for niasse to make a soap opera style come back like a victorious Peter Barlow or something but he did look really, unquestionably shit.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.