November 22, 2017, 07:03:15 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester United  (Read 13175 times)

December 04, 2016, 09:09:00 PM
Reply #45

Zoolander

Don't mind Cleverley starting tbh. He's got a decent work rate and has played ok if not brilliantly when I've seen him this year.
I'm less impressed with Mirallas, I can't remember the last time he was in any way productive.
<I'll gladly eat my words if he has a blinder>
Glad to see jags dropped though, really like the guy but he's been a shambles of late. Barry is a great captain too.

( fuck me - Bournemouth have just drawn level - things are looking up)

December 04, 2016, 09:11:05 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Not thrilled with the lineup, but then I realised almost any lineup would have issues. Fuck it, let's see how it works out.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 04, 2016, 09:12:10 PM
Reply #47

Heisenberg

Effectively 3 defensive mids. Just play Barkley deeper and let him run with the ball!

Barkley has been our most creative player over the past couple of games

December 04, 2016, 09:12:56 PM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 04, 2016, 09:14:05 PM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

Jags simply had to be dropped, I am glad to see Funes Mori get a chance even if he was shaky earlier in the season.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 04, 2016, 09:21:03 PM
Reply #50

Shogun

Administrator
Cleverley for Barkley is bullshit.

Not even arsed.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 04, 2016, 09:24:14 PM
Reply #51

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Barkleys been our most consistent player for weeks. Tactical change or not its a bad call

December 04, 2016, 09:27:00 PM
Reply #52

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
come on now Blues, lets keep this day going good!
I have to return some videotapes.

December 04, 2016, 09:27:37 PM
Reply #53

Ross

The strange thing for me is Barkley had begin to take on board the pressing mantra Koeman keeps spouting.

He might not have been dynamic in possession but he's been trying at least the last few games.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 04, 2016, 09:28:24 PM
Reply #54

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Cleverley for Barkley is bullshit.

Not even arsed.

An energy based sacrifice.

December 04, 2016, 09:28:32 PM
Reply #55

stirlingblue

You'd imagine Barkley will come on in the second half, lets see how he responds

December 04, 2016, 09:30:20 PM
Reply #56

Evertonian in NC

has to be purely tactical in not liking him in the 4-3-3 alignment, bring him on and try to nick a goal late

December 04, 2016, 09:36:37 PM
Reply #57

Bluescow

Don't mind Cleverley starting tbh. He's got a decent work rate and has played ok if not brilliantly when I've seen him this year.
I'm less impressed with Mirallas, I can't remember the last time he was in any way productive.
<I'll gladly eat my words if he has a blinder>
Glad to see jags dropped though, really like the guy but he's been a shambles of late. Barry is a great captain too.

( fuck me - Bournemouth have just drawn level - things are looking up)

Bournemouth actually won, scored 4-3 at 93 mins :P

December 04, 2016, 09:36:49 PM
Reply #58

Trowel

Good to see Barkley dropped. Not sure which Barkley people have seen in the last few games, but the one I've been watching has slowed or stopped our attacking momentum time after time.

I'm not a huge Mirallas fan, but he is at least decisive - well, he at least makes the wrong decision faster...
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 04, 2016, 09:37:39 PM
Reply #59

Bwana

Dropping Jags was a must and tbh, so was the case with Barkley. True, Lukaku hasn't offered him too many options to pass to but the on the other hand Ross has started to run sideways with the ball again. And no matter what, at the moment from these two it's Ross who's expendable. Lennon off is also a good call 'cos Mirallas does have a point to prove and he can be more productive in the final 3rd.

All and all it's not ideal but something needed to be done.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.