November 20, 2017, 09:41:14 PM

Author Topic: Watford vs Everton  (Read 12129 times)

December 11, 2016, 03:28:28 AM
Reply #525

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We categorically do not look (or are) worse defensively. Up until the Chelsea game we had one of the best defences in the division.

You are indeed deluded, or a WUM. Can't decide which!

And since then we have the worst defense, maybe only Swansea are worse defensively than us since then.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 11, 2016, 03:28:51 AM
Reply #526

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not really sure what you are saying. We were shite under Martinez and are still shite. Is that a defence of Martinez or a criticism of koeman? Surely your argument is they are both shite not Martinez is great

December 11, 2016, 03:29:50 AM
Reply #527

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not really sure what you are saying. We were shite under Martinez and are still shite. Is that a defence of Martinez or a criticism of koeman? Surely your argument is they are both shite not Martinez is great

No I am saying they are both decent managers, Martinez included and the players are to blame.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 11, 2016, 03:40:27 AM
Reply #528

KoemansNumberTens

No I am saying they are both decent managers, Martinez included and the players are to blame.

So you've not got an issue with his refusal to train set plays, do the hard work on fitness or have our best penalty taker on penalties? I think he's neglectful. We could have given Martinez 100 years and he wouldn't be able to fix problems he's not able to even acknowledge

December 11, 2016, 03:41:29 AM
Reply #529

starblood

And since then we have the worst defense, maybe only Swansea are worse defensively than us since then.

Decided you are a WUM, with a completely abject ally, so will leave it at that.

Off to the pub to watch the boxing (and avoid MOTD).

December 11, 2016, 03:43:55 AM
Reply #530

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
So you've not got an issue with his refusal to train set plays, do the hard work on fitness or have our best penalty taker on penalties? I think he's neglectful. We could have given Martinez 100 years and he wouldn't be able to fix problems he's not able to even acknowledge

Are we fitter now? Are we conceding less or scoring more at set plays now when we "practice" them?

December 11, 2016, 03:51:28 AM
Reply #531

KoemansNumberTens

Are we fitter now? Are we conceding less or scoring more at set plays now when we "practice" them?

Not even saying we are. I'm not saying koeman is the right answer just pointing out Martinez was clearly a wrong answer

December 11, 2016, 05:30:29 AM
Reply #532

Tinga

So is Funes Mori instructed by Koeman to keep hoofing it up the field to Lukaku, even though after the 4th try it's still not working. The little things like this are doing my head in to be honest.

December 11, 2016, 05:31:51 AM
Reply #533

bluenuck

Me too. It's an absolute chore now and has been for getting on for 3 seasons.

Reading that Richard dunn believes there's a "division" between players and manager....

Now I'm not really gonna give two shits what he says, but when things are this bad it's not just one player we can blame like Williams or Lukaku, or blame one thing like attacking or defending. It's a shit show out there and it looks like no one wants to play for this team right now. Something is not right.

We have players that look like they want out ,and a manager who is pretty vocal about bringing his style of players in. Also a manager who's true ambition is to manage a big club.

We have to be careful here.

December 11, 2016, 07:12:39 AM
Reply #534

AllyBlue14

Martinez's only good season came off the back of Moyes. By the time he had imposed his style on the team fully, we were wrecked.

I'm hoping this pattern will work in reverse for us now. Koeman's first season is tarnished by the dross he inherited, but hopefully he'll be in a position to turn it around next season.

Some clubs have a mentality they want to espouse and pick managers on that basis. We seem to have changed 'philosophies' drastically in the last couple of years and it'll take a lot to coach it out the players.

And for the record, Martinez is a terrible manager. It's like having a Rolls Royce, taking a crowbar to it and then passing it on to the next guy and moaning that he can't get it started.

December 11, 2016, 07:23:22 AM
Reply #535

Ross

Martinez's only good season came off the back of Moyes. By the time he had imposed his style on the team fully, we were wrecked.

I'm hoping this pattern will work in reverse for us now. Koeman's first season is tarnished by the dross he inherited, but hopefully he'll be in a position to turn it around next season.

Some clubs have a mentality they want to espouse and pick managers on that basis. We seem to have changed 'philosophies' drastically in the last couple of years and it'll take a lot to coach it out the players.

And for the record, Martinez is a terrible manager. It's like having a Rolls Royce, taking a crowbar to it and then passing it on to the next guy and moaning that he can't get it started.

*pop quiz*

Who were the most influential players for Everton when they finished 5th in the 2013/14 in your opinion?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 11, 2016, 02:45:17 PM
Reply #536

orangecrush16

A perfect storm of shite yesterday, facing a pretty poor team  but who were bigger & stronger than us, & also seemed to have a lot more energy, when we were starting to run on empty. Things are looking grim, to say the least, & think the January window is going to be one of the most crucial ones in recent years (well, since the last fucked up one in the summer anyway!!) though I think we dodged a bullet with Mr Sissoko. Koeman has got to start earning his money & galvanise this lot right now, especially looking at our next 2 games, aaaargh !! Otherwise we are going to be seriously fucked. Haven't been to the last few games due to a slipped disc,  & when it finally gets better, & if the Blues don't, I may have to think about what to fuckin break next. :snigger:
Don't die wondering !

December 11, 2016, 09:46:36 PM
Reply #537

Rodenplav64

We categorically do not look (or are) worse defensively. Up until the Chelsea game we had one of the best defences in the division.

You are indeed deluded, or a WUM. Can't decide which!

You obviously didn't watch us against WATFORD .