November 19, 2017, 07:14:17 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 13024 times)

December 12, 2016, 04:34:54 PM
Reply #30

Rodenplav64

Some on here are truly desperate if they want Valencia on from the start .

December 12, 2016, 05:12:58 PM
Reply #31

Macca77

Fed up with all the doom and gloom lately, so I'm gonna remain positive and reckon we will win tomorrow and beat the shite next Monday

EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON
EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON
EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON
EVERTON....
EVERTON!

December 12, 2016, 05:19:56 PM
Reply #32

Alanvideo

Fed up with all the doom and gloom lately, so I'm gonna remain positive and reckon we will win tomorrow and beat the shite next Monday

EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON
EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON
EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON
EVERTON....
EVERTON!
................WHAT'S OUR NAME ?  :hail:
We are special ,we are Everton.

December 12, 2016, 05:20:46 PM
Reply #33

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ross Barkley must be going out of fashion. Of the 4 people who have posted a team ,not one has put Barkley in and only @ally2 has even mentioned him. I'd play Barkley behind the strikers like. i.e. hoping for two up front.

As in a 4-3-1-2?

It'd provide us with solidity through the middle against their attempts to play in and around the box.

Could work width wise if the full backs have good games (and the two wider dms) cover for them if they went forward.

Just not sure whether he's done enough recently to warrant getting picked, although that applies to nearly everyone else too :(

December 12, 2016, 05:36:08 PM
Reply #34

Rodenplav64

As in a 4-3-1-2?

It'd provide us with solidity through the middle against their attempts to play in and around the box.

Could work width wise if the full backs have good games (and the two wider dms) cover for them if they went forward.

Just not sure whether he's done enough recently to warrant getting picked, although that applies to nearly everyone else too :(

But he has done as much as anyone else . Too much focus on one player being responsible for the shambles . I think the lad really takes it to heart and that might just be his nature . I really think we are crucifying him needlessly . The wide men need to do more to create space when they haven't got the ball as they just don't seem to have the confidence to overlap or beat their man . Our wing play ( Koemans focus ) has been shit and we are focusing on Barkley . I want to see him against Arsenal because the thought of seeing anyone else in his place frightens me . Tom Davies does not need to be thrown into this shambles at this stage .

December 12, 2016, 05:45:23 PM
Reply #35

Alanvideo

As in a 4-3-1-2?

............yes a  4-3-1-2 kinda thing . Agree Barkley hasn't done enough lately but I would play him . If he's benched for this game I really fear for his future with us.

December 12, 2016, 06:47:06 PM
Reply #36

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't say that anyone has blamed Barkley particularly for our run of form.

He's played more games than Deulofeu and I'd assume the same if not a few more than Mirallas?

I do agree that he's fragile mentally and that criticism gets to him; but it's going to be a struggle for him in the long term whatever if he can't handle not being picked for a few games when he's not been playing well.

The inference before Watford was that he wasn't playing particularly well in training (not through lack of effort) either and he didn't set the world on fire on Saturday so I can see how he won't be starting tomorrow.

December 12, 2016, 06:52:06 PM
Reply #37

Alanvideo

The inference before Watford was that he wasn't playing particularly well in training (not through lack of effort) either and he didn't set the world on fire on Saturday so I can see how he won't be starting tomorrow.
..............I have my doubts too ......and yet we've both got him down for first goal scorer  ???

December 12, 2016, 07:09:16 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Spring a surprise Ronald, and throw Tom Davies into the midfield, with Barry and Gana.

You've given chancers like Cleverley and McCarthy a go, even though they have proven to be seriously inadequate numerous times before. And much as I love Ross, if he's underwhelming in training, then he needs to be doing more to force his way back in.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 12, 2016, 07:21:50 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Spring a surprise Ronald, and throw Tom Davies into the midfield, with Barry and Gana.

You've given chancers like Cleverley and McCarthy a go, even though they have proven to be seriously inadequate numerous times before. And much as I love Ross, if he's underwhelming in training, then he needs to be doing more to force his way back in.

If nothing else it'd give the crowd a lift. One piece of skill or lung-busting run from Davies would get a load of bevvied up scousers off their feet. It's little things like that that can lift confidence on the pitch, in the stands and get a bit of momentum going. I think if he understood Evertonians and Goodison a bit more he'd understand those little nuances and use them to better effect.

December 12, 2016, 07:26:25 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

If nothing else it'd give the crowd a lift. One piece of skill or lung-busting run from Davies would get a load of bevvied up scousers off their feet. It's little things like that that can lift confidence on the pitch, in the stands and get a bit of momentum going. I think if he understood Evertonians and Goodison a bit more he'd understand those little nuances and use them to better effect.

Agreed. And I don't think Tom Davies needs protecting particularly either. He was happy enough to throw the lad on at 5-0 down vs Chelsea, which was a bit cowardly of him. Give the lad a chance to affect the game from the start. As you say, the crowd will be more forgiving and beyond that, I refuse to believe that Davies wouldn't offer more than McCarthy and Cleverley in the game, purely from a practical output POV.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 12, 2016, 07:35:35 PM
Reply #41

Ross

Davies hasn't even made the squad for the last 4-5 games, there's not a cat in hells chance he's getting "thrown in" while there's no injury crisis.

Koemans made himself and position clear, he doesn't think the young players are ready.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:19:46 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 12, 2016, 08:08:47 PM
Reply #42

Rodenplav64

I would prefer to see Tom Davies against Hull when we will be glad of a point and it is a better level to start him at .

December 12, 2016, 08:18:31 PM
Reply #43

Lxxx

I would prefer to see Tom Davies against Hull when we will be glad of a point and it is a better level to start him at .

But then we get into that old argument of 'when is the right time.' I'd say a big home game under the floodlights is perfect for blooding a kid who doesn't look to be short on confidence. He'd feed off the crowd and vice versa.

December 12, 2016, 08:35:26 PM
Reply #44

ally2

For the umpteenth time - if these young players were tearing it up in training then they'd be playing.  It was mentioned a week or two ago that Holgate's form had dropped off which is normal for young players.  Just because the first teamers are playing shite does not automatically mean that someone else will do better, just because you haven't seen them play for a while.  Why can't so many people understand that?