November 22, 2017, 08:01:21 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 23348 times)

December 14, 2016, 10:26:38 PM
Reply #15

Heisenberg

Don't try and fix what isn't broken. I'm an open critic of McCarthy but think we'd benefit having him playing against the team the has one of the highest work rates in the league and hopefully nullify Henderson

December 14, 2016, 10:33:49 PM
Reply #16

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Don't try and fix what isn't broken. I'm an open critic of McCarthy but think we'd benefit having him playing against the team the has one of the highest work rates in the league and hopefully nullify Henderson

Henderson nullifies himself well enough I reckon.

December 14, 2016, 10:35:06 PM
Reply #17

Macca77

Mori in for Jagielka, Mirallas or Delafoo in for Lennon

Their defence is shitter than ours, they buckle under pressure

December 14, 2016, 10:36:02 PM
Reply #18

Macca77

Everytime I hear them call him Hendo I want to break someones face

December 14, 2016, 10:37:32 PM
Reply #19

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Can't stand McCarthy, but I'd keep him in for the Derby. Barry is a bigger influence on the game, but we're gonna need legs in midfield against them and can do without Barry on a yellow after 15mins and unable to commit.

Huge game for Funes. Just hope we get at them from the off. If we could maintain last night's 65 mins for a full 90 then we can win.

Let's just hope they get a couple of injuries to some of their cross-dressing frontline tonight.

COYB

December 14, 2016, 10:41:57 PM
Reply #20

Shogun

Administrator
My McCarthy omission is partly down to the fact I'm not convinced by his first decent performance in two and a half years but it's also down to his injury problems this year. We don't have many options in midfield as it is so with Gana going to ACON in January, we shouldn't be taking those sort of risks.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 14, 2016, 10:49:52 PM
Reply #21

plumber

Davies in. He can't be worse than McCarthy.

;)

December 14, 2016, 11:00:34 PM
Reply #22

MmmBlueRamirez

Same intensity, Same aggression, same workrate

From the start.....and not just beginning after we've conceded a soft goal. Again.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 14, 2016, 11:38:39 PM
Reply #23

bacon sarnie

Same team, same script as last night. Start like shit and give them an early goal and when they get all Hendo cocky hit them with what Arsenal got hit with and see what happens. The crowd have to play the part as well (go'ead Bally lad) and the ref has to have at least half a spine. All goes to plan Klopp will make an arse of himself and we'll all be bladdered by midnight.

Will be in Liverpool as of Monday morning. Hoping Santa got my letter. Stay posted...... :thumbsup:

December 14, 2016, 11:54:12 PM
Reply #24

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not getting my hopes up.

We fought like fuck last night but results wise it was a freak. Play that game 10 times and we lose 9.

Unfortunately I think they'll have too much for us, so I'd go same team as last night bar jags, and when McCarthy has had his yellow and is on thin ice put Barry on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 15, 2016, 12:19:32 AM
Reply #25

Zoolander

They've not been great of late....but fuck it I'm not going to jinx it by saying anything

December 15, 2016, 12:27:05 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Lynch this lad when Big Hendo bags the winner.

December 15, 2016, 12:28:35 AM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mike Dean is the ref for this.

Very strange.

Never officiated a game of ours, and hasn't officiated the shite for 10 years so why is he suddenly in for the derby?

We've all seen him ref. Do not be surprised if he's the main talking point come Tuesday morning.

December 15, 2016, 12:38:08 AM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Mike Dean is the ref for this.

Very strange.

Never officiated a game of ours, and hasn't officiated the shite for 10 years so why is he suddenly in for the derby?

We've all seen him ref. Do not be surprised if he's the main talking point come Tuesday morning.
Wasn't allowed to do a cup final cos of his supposed links to lfc but can do this?

Very odd

Simply simply lovely

December 15, 2016, 12:40:24 AM
Reply #29

kramer0

What does winning a derby feel like? I can't remember.

On the tactical side, this might be a match where long balls help us out, as long as we have appropriate outlets to latch onto them. I know it's a different league, but Roger Schmidt/Bayer Leverkusen have completely nullified the Tuchel/Dortmund press in a few recent meetings by playing it long regularly and not messing around with the ball at the back. Like this:

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/782293294671925248

We might actually have the personnel to pull this sort of thing off if we do it correctly and, if we can neuter their press, we take away one of their biggest attacking weapons.

It helps that Leverkusen have a wicked press of their own to win some of those second and third balls. We definitely aren't there yet (and never will be because Schmidt is into way more aggressive pressing than Koeman) but last night was an improvement.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:00:34 AM by kramer0 »