November 23, 2017, 08:43:32 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 23440 times)

December 21, 2016, 04:43:34 AM
Reply #855

Jamokachi

Rubbish. If he was positioned to the left more, it would of been wide open to be beaten on the right side. He had the goal covered and the rebound off the post was really harsh.

Con, can you stop with this 'playing devil's advocate' bullshit? It's so painfully obvious. Every time there's a consensus of opinion you chime in with complete rubbish, just to stir the pot i.e. Sissoko. Robles was at fault for their goal, it was terrible goalkeeping. Just accept it.

December 21, 2016, 05:18:35 AM
Reply #856

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Con, can you stop with this 'playing devil's advocate' bullshit? It's so painfully obvious. Every time there's a consensus of opinion you chime in with complete rubbish, just to stir the pot i.e. Sissoko. Robles was at fault for their goal, it was terrible goalkeeping. Just accept it.

It really wasn't. Everytime we concede or something goes wrong it is because we were terrible. Or someone to blame. it just isn't true.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 21, 2016, 06:01:05 AM
Reply #857

Jamokachi

It really wasn't. Everytime we concede or something goes wrong it is because we were terrible. Or someone to blame. it just isn't true.

What a massive load of guff. Of course there's someone to blame if we lose or something goes wrong. The very nature of losing indicates someone didn't do their job to the highest standard demanded, otherwise we'd win every game.

I'm not attacking Robles here, don't think that. He made a very good save earlier in the game. But he's not above criticism for his poor positioning and even poorer reaction to the ball rebounding off the post. A top keeper would have a. saved the initial shot and/or b. smothered the rebound.

But by all means carry on your crusade to have the unpopular opinion :)

December 21, 2016, 06:22:30 AM
Reply #858

Gash

Global Moderator
Rubbish. If he was positioned to the left more, it would of been wide open to be beaten on the right side. He had the goal covered and the rebound off the post was really harsh.

I never saw it but they covered it on Sky after the game, apparently at the point Sturridge hit it Robles was off the ground taking a jump forward, so obviously he can't change direction in mid air, he then looks really slow to finally dive towards the ball, then his reaction to the rebound looks slow as well, it's like he's climbing out of mud. He also didn't have the goal covered as he was about a foot away from getting to the ball so there was a gap, if he had it covered he'd have at least tipped it wide.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:28:02 AM by Gash »

December 21, 2016, 06:35:07 AM
Reply #859

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
What a massive load of guff. Of course there's someone to blame if we lose or something goes wrong. The very nature of losing indicates someone didn't do their job to the highest standard demanded, otherwise we'd win every game.

I'm not attacking Robles here, don't think that. He made a very good save earlier in the game. But he's not above criticism for his poor positioning and even poorer reaction to the ball rebounding off the post. A top keeper would have a. saved the initial shot and/or b. smothered the rebound.

But by all means carry on your crusade to have the unpopular opinion :)

Sometimes someone is just faster, better, more skillfull etc. Sometimes you just beaten by the better person.

Even to us, the greatest team of all time, other players are sometimes slightly better.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 21, 2016, 06:38:38 AM
Reply #860

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I never saw it but they covered it on Sky after the game, apparently at the point Sturridge hit it Robles was off the ground taking a jump forward, so obviously he can't change direction in mid air, he then looks really slow to finally dive towards the ball, then his reaction to the rebound looks slow as well, it's like he's climbing out of mud. He also didn't have the goal covered as he was about a foot away from getting to the ball so there was a gap, if he had it covered he'd have at least tipped it wide.

Interesting. I felt he was in a lose lose situation there. he was left wide open and the mishit was just unfortunate that it trickled perfectly off the post.

December 21, 2016, 02:30:27 PM
Reply #861

efcforlife

Interesting. I felt he was in a lose lose situation there. he was left wide open and the mishit was just unfortunate that it trickled perfectly off the post.

It should of been saved..

There is no question about it.

December 26, 2016, 11:33:45 AM
Reply #862

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Yes there is