August 18, 2018, 12:04:15 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 32448 times)

December 14, 2016, 11:54:12 PM
Read 32448 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not getting my hopes up.

We fought like fuck last night but results wise it was a freak. Play that game 10 times and we lose 9.

Unfortunately I think they'll have too much for us, so I'd go same team as last night bar jags, and when McCarthy has had his yellow and is on thin ice put Barry on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 15, 2016, 01:52:19 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What does winning a derby feel like? I can't remember.

On the tactical side, this might be a match where long balls help us out, as long as we have appropriate outlets to latch onto them. I know it's a different league, but Roger Schmidt/Bayer Leverkusen have completely nullified the Tuchel/Dortmund press in a few recent meetings by playing it long regularly and not messing around with the ball at the back. Like this:

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/782293294671925248

We might actually have the personnel to pull this sort of thing off if we do it correctly and, if we can neuter their press, we take away one of their biggest attacking weapons.

It helps that Leverkusen have a wicked press of their own to win some of those second and third balls. We definitely aren't there yet (and never will be because Schmidt is into way more aggressive pressing than Koeman) but last night was an improvement.

Love it.

Key is getting someone touch tight to lukaku so when it bounces off his shin or collar bone they can pick it up.

Lennon pace key, Barkley pace key.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 16, 2016, 03:48:44 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
God I'm hating this.

My kingdom for a night like the other night. My soul for a thousand years for a Ross Barkley winner.

December 16, 2016, 08:49:21 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just hope our fans and players don't shit the bed after we get battered and undo all the good of the Arsenal result.

99% sure we're going to lose on Monday but we need to somehow carry the Arsenal result into the next game after that.

December 17, 2016, 04:17:30 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The teams that have had success against Liverpool this season have been those that have kept it tight and forced Liverpool to come on to them.  They haven't been good enough to break down many teams that way.

I don't think we should park the bus or play for a 0-0 or anything, but I disagree that attack is the best form of defence against them.  If we can defend resolutely and frustrate them then the chances at the other end should come  anyway.  But trying to go toe to toe with them in an attacking sense is asking for trouble.

I think I agree. We should look to avoid errors, and take the game to them in well timed intervals.

December 17, 2016, 04:46:28 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Last 10 home derbies in the PL -
3-0,1-2,0-2,0-2,2-0,0-2,2-2,3-3,0-0,1-1. Total goals 12-14
No evidence of a battering there.

Nothing to smile about either. Decade of bullshit and we deserve more.

December 18, 2016, 03:17:28 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Would love a ticket if anyone has a spare

December 18, 2016, 03:23:59 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

December 19, 2016, 05:57:20 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can you stop this song stuff please it's terrible

December 19, 2016, 08:12:47 PM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There was an incident at my lads under 13's chrimbo party yesterday, the dj was a bit if a prick and kept ripping into the kids with Everton kit's on, quite a few parents told him to behave, he kept saying its only banter etc, then he decided to play that fucking song at the end didnt he, the place emptied within seconds

Should have emptied him in seconds.

December 20, 2016, 01:45:28 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think Matip being out is potentially a big positive for us.

A really good player.

Don't think it has much effect because they will outscore us whatever we do, but we've got a better chance of hurting them.

December 20, 2016, 04:54:44 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing to worry about that I don't think.

We were really poor but koeman's whole plan this year seems to be just drag us over the line then spend a load of money.

God knows what his team will look like when he's had a chance to build it, or what football they'll play, but this one is painfully dull.

Let's hope some reinforcements can arrive in Jan, because if we start adding goals I actually think we'll get a few results off the back of our boringness.

December 20, 2016, 01:47:08 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh and that was our unbeaten home record gone too. Morning!

Yeah just remembered that this morning