October 16, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 34836 times)

December 20, 2016, 03:16:18 AM
Reply #15

Evertonian in NC

TAKE HIM OFF
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 20, 2016, 03:17:26 AM
Reply #16

Evertonian in NC

He did the right thing.

It was good pressure by Mane to get a touch. That's what almost steered it in.

oh, absolutely agreed was right thing.  Didn't see the touch.  Baines my MotM so far.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 20, 2016, 03:18:30 AM
Reply #17

Evertonian in NC

Robles though

Yeah, and who's the "oh fuck" option with Jags suspended??

December 20, 2016, 03:19:38 AM
Reply #18

Evertonian in NC

good thing re Joel, he won't overthink coming in cold to a massive, scoreless Derby...

December 20, 2016, 03:22:42 AM
Reply #19

Evertonian in NC

old school footy, we get one tactical change!

December 20, 2016, 03:31:57 AM
Reply #20

Evertonian in NC

Must have hurt his feelings, all of us bitching about Koeman not trusting the youth.

December 20, 2016, 03:36:20 AM
Reply #21

Evertonian in NC

JOEL!!!

December 20, 2016, 03:39:58 AM
Reply #22

Evertonian in NC

This has been a great left back performance from Aaron Lennon.

I would play him there straight up ahead of Oviedo now.  I'm sold.

December 20, 2016, 03:50:29 AM
Reply #23

Evertonian in NC

just hold on, lads.

December 20, 2016, 03:51:01 AM
Reply #24

Evertonian in NC

godfuckingdamnit

December 20, 2016, 03:52:27 AM
Reply #25

Evertonian in NC

To lose on a weak-ass bullshit goal like that.  Just fuck them right in the eye.

December 20, 2016, 06:01:02 PM
Reply #26

Evertonian in NC

I don't believe in sacrificing League position, and I really don't see this as a Cup-winning side, sans Bolasie.  We are right fucked without him, nobody can get the ball into dangerous areas.

December 20, 2016, 06:28:18 PM
Reply #27

Evertonian in NC

I still think Funes Mori was shrewd business*, just closed/finished up in the most unprofessional manner possible.  He had some really superstar level moments yesterday, the kind of stuff everyone keeps waiting for Stones to do.

* OF COURSE he's not perfect/the finished article, if he was, we wouldn't have been able to pick him up under the radar like we did for so little money.

December 20, 2016, 06:55:12 PM
Reply #28

Evertonian in NC

There was a 1-on-1 yesterday with Origi, where Funes Mori just annihilated him.  Didn't sit back and wait, just went and took the ball straight from him.  Confident to the point of arrogant.

Also made another excellent sliding block early in the second half, which is when I was most certain they were gonna score.

Maybe I am being too easily impressed, but it's been seemingly ages since we've aggressively defended, with a positive result.  And just "any old proper CB" that would be a positive result given market prices.