November 21, 2017, 10:31:05 AM

Author Topic: What a difference about 17/18 months make.  (Read 2331 times)

July 11, 2010, 09:04:24 AM
Read 2331 times

.Rimbo.

School of Science- Class of '09

I remember making this video. I was so proud of our squad then and knew we were going to Wembley, there was so much optimism in me then about the current squad. I watch it now...Lescott fucked off, Gosling fucked off, Yakubu looks a shadow of himself, Arteta could be on his way, Pienaar could be too...

Sorry to sound grim but this squad really is falling apart. We're going to need a miracle to even compete next season.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:41:33 PM by Si »

deCoubertin

July 11, 2010, 09:18:53 AM
Reply #1

bloody scally

Bollox. I'm in the oppositre 0f moods. Choose to ignore thet majority of rumours and you willo be a lot happie... LARGeR!!!

July 11, 2010, 09:27:14 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Haha, good night BS?

July 11, 2010, 09:31:12 AM
Reply #3

nomorechang

RIP
I'm actually really looking forward to next season , Mikel and Pienaar look as if they're staying , up to now our only serious injury problem Felli , is close to returning , Phil Nev has told us Landon wants to return , we only lost 2 of our last 24 games of last season , our best run since 1987  when we won the league , One of our new players Gueye looks as if he could be a very decent addition with another 2 still to play and Jack Rodwell !!!!! needs no explaination , a " Rolls Royce "
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

July 11, 2010, 09:33:13 AM
Reply #4

NYToffee

You made that video? Nice work...I watched it more than a few times during the lean fall months last year.

As to your mood, I can't say that I share it. Unless we lose both Pienaar and Arteta, or lose one and don't sign a replacement, I'm going to be fully expecting a CL spot challenge and a cup run. Remember that we don't have a Europa League schedule to contend with (unlike our nearest rivals), and there is no way - knock on wood - that our atrocious luck with injuries carries into a third consecutive season. Just stay positive and keep the faith.

July 11, 2010, 01:07:36 PM
Reply #5

slothzen

Lescott and Gosling (fuck him, we still have Jack) hardly made Everton what it is/will be.  Arteta is staying, Pienaar probably too,  Heitinga re-voiced his loyalty, young talent coming in.  I'm optimistic, and watching your video made me feel even more so.

July 11, 2010, 01:41:29 PM
Reply #6

ally2

Yeah I'm optimistic too.  I'm almost happy as we are now but if we could just bring in one biggish signing for the right wing, I'd be made up.  And it also looks like we're doing pre-season properly for a change.

July 11, 2010, 02:44:58 PM
Reply #7

Danny

Assuming we don't lose any key players this is the first season i'll actually be very dissapointed with Moyes if we don't get into the CL/ Win a cup and finish about 5th.

In the past i've always gone with the arguments such as injuries and Lescott leaving but now theres no excuses.

July 11, 2010, 02:57:09 PM
Reply #8

everton-4-ever

the next fortnight will be critical
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

July 11, 2010, 03:21:34 PM
Reply #9

MmmBlueRamirez

Rimbo, you must have had some baaad drugs.

There is more than enough reason to be optimistic for this season.

Big Vic is set for big things this year.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 11, 2010, 07:23:39 PM
Reply #10

Echoance

July 11, 2010, 08:37:21 PM
Reply #11

montanatoffeefan

the next fortnight will be critical

This. Plus a month. Up until August 31, I'll be teetering between optimism and fatalism.

Even more than its ravaging of our defense, the most depressing thing about last summer's Lescott fiasco was that it seemed to signal the end of the era when Moyes was building a core for a sustained run at better things. And the beginning of an era when key members of that core would be fuckng off -- not just to "the big four," but to the nouveau big clubs like Citeh -- for a chance at the glory they came to realize Everton would never achieve.

So if Arteta, Pienaar, Jags and/or some others go, then it will be hard to retain much belief that Everton can even sustain ourselves at Europa-contention levels in the years ahead.  But if Moyes can hold the rest of his core together and find a bargain or two to bolster the squad -- and most importantly perhaps, get the players believing again that they are part of something special and not just Bill Kenwright's football owner wank off fantasy, then I see good, make that better things ahead.

If we don't sell any key players this summer, or get struck by another spate of injuries, we really do look like a squad that can compete for a Top 4 spot in the coming season. And it's been awhile since I thought that.
Everton forever.

July 11, 2010, 08:51:47 PM
Reply #12

BlueDan

I'm optimistic! I accept Lescott is a loss, but Jagielka is better. We missed him more than Lescott last year. Don't forget Lescott played a lot of his Everton career at left-back and I prefer Baines there. Gosling I could never get that excited about, can't see where he would get in the team. Pienaar & Arteta haven't gone, they don't appear to have asked for moves. Come on! Cheer up! Vaughan isn't even injured yet!

Look at the team we had that finished 4th 5 years ago. We are vastly superior. Man City are simply not a team, Liverpool are imploding, we can catch Spurs because Harry loves transfers too much - he will tinker about too much.

This is our year. We can do it.

COYB!!!

July 11, 2010, 08:53:34 PM
Reply #13

AidyEFC9

I'm optimistic for the new season, and would be more so if we could sign the right player, the right type of quality to play RW for us.

If we can get Arteta signed up aswell then that would be the icing on the cake for me, if Pienaar don't sign back up then ok, we can replace him but i think we would find it extremely hard to replace Arteta, but it would be nice to get Pienaar re-signed as we have a settled squad, a good settled squad that IMO can definitely challenge the top four if were lucky with injuries and hit the ground running and get off to a good start.

I must admit i am in two minds about Yak though, i don't know wether we should give him another season to find his feet and hope he bangs the goals in or cash in on him now and replace him cos like someone as said up there, he's a shadow of his old self but admittedly, thats due to the injury he suffered?!.

July 11, 2010, 09:09:29 PM
Reply #14

montanatoffeefan

The thing with Yak: he's such a good passer, he's worth keeping around imo. We're usually so much more dynamic an attack when he's out there -- even when he's not banging them in.
Everton forever.