November 25, 2017, 12:54:00 AM

Author Topic: Embarrassed by some of my own fanbase yet again  (Read 5975 times)

July 13, 2010, 12:35:40 AM
Read 5975 times

.Rimbo.

I went the pub last night to watch the match and with a few minutes left on the clock, Torres pulled up and went down, leading to an almighty roar of laughs and cheers from Evertonians in the pub. Then one of them went "Warayyy, I'm made up he's done in the fuckin' knobhead!"

I was standing with two mates, one's an Arsenal fan and the other's a red. The red went "Eh, Everton have just won the league. Can you hear that?"

I was honestly embarrassed and didn't know what to say back. It was just fucking pathetic.

deCoubertin

July 13, 2010, 12:39:08 AM
Reply #1

VBlue

Not being funny but, there was a guy in a pub who supports a football team and made a bit of a knobish comment - which he may/may not have meant to be serious.  Hardly the worst crime.  Just ignore it.  May have been banter - may have gone home and wanked over the fact Torres pulled up.  His prerogative. 

He doesn't represent you or your views cos he supports the same football team.

July 13, 2010, 12:39:40 AM
Reply #2

wigster

id be a nob then mate as i did exactly the same thing!
tony scores we riot

July 13, 2010, 12:40:11 AM
Reply #3

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

July 13, 2010, 12:41:19 AM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

Not being funny but, there was a guy in a pub who supports a football team and made a bit of a knobish comment - which he may/may not have meant to be serious.  Hardly the worst crime.  Just ignore it.  May have been banter - may have gone home and wanked over the fact Torres pulled up.  His prerogative. 

He doesn't represent you or your views cos he supports the same football team.

You know the world doesn't work like that though. We all get tarred with the same brush. We're all seen as small-time, gimmicky "bitters" and it's because of fans like that.

July 13, 2010, 12:41:48 AM
Reply #5

ally2

I didn't laugh at the time but I have to say I do think its funny.  Not because I hate Torres or Liverpool - I don't see hating Liverpool and as responsibility of an Evertonian and the expression RS is so babyish its embarrassing.

Its just that he was clearly on his way out of Liverpool which was the best for both parties and its going to be fun watching them both squirm as they see it out.  Their squad so unbalanced its an absolute mess - all this courtesy of money grabbing and mis-management.

July 13, 2010, 12:42:40 AM
Reply #6

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
You know the world doesn't work like that though. We all get tarred with the same brush. We're all seen as small-time, gimmicky "bitters" and it's because of fans like that.

So, so true.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 13, 2010, 12:44:17 AM
Reply #7

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
There's banter and there's being a twat, and if the comment was unprovoked then I'd file it under twat personally.

I did laugh at the use of "my fanbase" in the thread title though Rimbo!

July 13, 2010, 12:48:36 AM
Reply #8

evertonjoe

I'm also often embarassed by my own fanbase they just never leave me alone always wanting autographs and so on.

R.A.P Music

July 13, 2010, 12:49:45 AM
Reply #9

Scouse Ruletero

Sometimes people can be too sensitive about these things. So a few Blues cheered and laughed because Torres got injured. Big deal.

They hardly took a dump at the foot of the Shankly Gates, or ruined a minutes' silence, did they?

I bet there were Reds who cheered when Johnny Heitinga was sent off - I wonder if Liverpool fans are ashamed of their own fanbase because of that? I'd imagine not.

July 13, 2010, 12:50:18 AM
Reply #10

Ridge

People are people, everyone is more inclined to feel embarrassment from someone they have things in common with. You need to keep your fanbase in check, there are leaders and followers, peacocks don't strut with chickens.

July 13, 2010, 12:53:10 AM
Reply #11

.Rimbo.

Sometimes people can be too sensitive about these things. So a few Blues cheered and laughed because Torres got injured. Big deal.

They hardly took a dump at the foot of the Shankly Gates, or ruined a minutes' silence, did they?

I bet there were Reds who cheered when Johnny Heitinga was sent off - I wonder if Liverpool fans are ashamed of their own fanbase because of that? I'd imagine not.

To be honest, I didn't hear anyone laughing or cheering like mad when Heitinga got sent off. Of course, there was a weird atmosphere because he plays for us, but there was no mass fucking hysteria like there was when Torres got injured.

I could even understand it if it were Gerrard or Carragher. They're both cunts who have an axe to grind with us and then I'd laugh too, but Torres seems a good egg, I can't remember him ever saying anything bad about us as a club or as supporters. He wasn't representing Liverpool last night and given the World Cup is the biggest moment in most player's careers, I actually felt sorry for him.

July 13, 2010, 12:54:01 AM
Reply #12

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
People are people, everyone is more inclined to feel embarrassment from someone they have things in common with. You need to keep your fanbase in check, there are leaders and followers, peacocks don't strut with chickens.

lolol lolol Fucking amazing

July 13, 2010, 01:06:05 AM
Reply #13

ToxtethBlue

Every team has these fans, I wouldn't get to worked up about it.

Liverpool will always call us 'bitters', not matter what we do, we are local rivals afterall.
ToxtethBlue

July 13, 2010, 01:06:45 AM
Reply #14

.Rimbo.