November 19, 2017, 01:42:00 AM

Author Topic: Embarrassed by some of my own fanbase yet again  (Read 5965 times)

July 13, 2010, 01:06:55 AM
Reply #15

BlueWool

Maybe these people don't see Torres as a 'good egg' and have him in the 'cunt category' with Gerrard and Carragher. You can't say it's embarrasing to do it to Torres but not the other two when your opinion of the three people is based upon reading and watching the media. You don't personally know these players after all.

deCoubertin

July 13, 2010, 01:08:10 AM
Reply #16

evertonjoe

How can you look at that face and not want to stamp on it?

R.A.P Music

July 13, 2010, 01:09:55 AM
Reply #17

.Rimbo.

Maybe these people don't see Torres as a 'good egg' and have him in the 'cunt category' with Gerrard and Carragher. You can't say it's embarrasing to do it to Torres but not the other two when your opinion of the three people is based upon reading and watching the media. You don't personally know these players after all.

The other two have made jibes at our club though and I think anyone with a few brain cells to rub together can see Gerrard and Carragher are dickheads. Look at Gerrard bottling DJs and all the other stuff he's been involved in, look at Jamie Carragher saying in his own book he was going to break Lucas Neill's legs had it not been for his mate 'Davie Thompson' intervening.

What has Torres ever done or said that would indicate he, like the other two, is a dickhead? I don't see it.

July 13, 2010, 01:17:09 AM
Reply #18

evertonjoe

The other two have made jibes at our club though and I think anyone with a few brain cells to rub together can see Gerrard and Carragher are dickheads. Look at Gerrard bottling DJs and all the other stuff he's been involved in, look at Jamie Carragher saying in his own book he was going to break Lucas Neill's legs had it not been for his mate 'Davie Thompson' intervening.

What has Torres ever done or said that would indicate he, like the other two, is a dickhead? I don't see it.

How about the way he constantly throws himself on the floor whent hings aren't going his way and just seems to give up and sulk when a defender seems to be marking him out of a game. Makes him a bit of a tool in my eyes

R.A.P Music

July 13, 2010, 01:19:39 AM
Reply #19

.Rimbo.

How about the way he constantly throws himself on the floor whent hings aren't going his way and just seems to give up and sulk when a defender seems to be marking him out of a game. Makes him a bit of a tool in my eyes

Hardly the same is it? Going down easily in a football match compared to thinking you're a two-bit gangster and bragging about it and bottling DJs?

July 13, 2010, 01:22:18 AM
Reply #20

BlueWool

I didn't mean that Torres IS a dickhead more that our impressions of players are scanty at best. Torres seems to me to be a niggly fucker who never stops whining to the referee. Maybe this impression of him has bumped him up to 'cunt' in the minds of the fans laughing at him.

Maybe Carrgher completely made stuff up to sell his autobiography and maybe that DJ called Gerrard's mum a slag. It's all just speculation when judging a person's character on such flimsy evidence.

I admit that I allowed myself a slight smile of schadenfreude. I wasn't proud of it, but I don't think it makes me a bad dickhead or anything.   

July 13, 2010, 01:23:34 AM
Reply #21

evertonjoe

Hardly the same is it? Going down easily in a football match compared to thinking you're a two-bit gangster and bragging about it and bottling DJs?

And yet it still obviously antagonises fans doesn't it. You say you'd laugh at Carragher because you think he's a twat but what about all the charity work he does. should that not exclude him from harsh treatment as he's evidently not that bad?

R.A.P Music

July 13, 2010, 01:28:55 AM
Reply #22

.Rimbo.

I didn't mean that Torres IS a dickhead more that our impressions of players are scanty at best. Torres seems to me to be a niggly fucker who never stops whining to the referee. Maybe this impression of him has bumped him up to 'cunt' in the minds of the fans laughing at him.

Maybe Carrgher completely made stuff up to sell his autobiography and maybe that DJ called Gerrard's mum a slag. It's all just speculation when judging a person's character on such flimsy evidence.

I admit that I allowed myself a slight smile of schadenfreude. I wasn't proud of it, but I don't think it makes me a bad dickhead or anything.   

Exactly. Our judgement of player's characters is largely subjective, which takes me back to my original point. The only two players I could understand it with are Gerrard and Carragher for a few reasons really. They have both played for Liverpool for years, both English (scousers in fact), both supposedly grew up Evertonians and now don't have a good word to say about the club, both have been involved in controversy off the field (we all know about Gerrard), Carragher saying Club before country etc. and then coming out of retirement for the World Cup...with them two players I could just about understand why fans would do it.

With a foreigner who has come to Liverpool three years ago, never said a bad word about Everton and has generally just kept his head down and got on with things, I just DON'T get it. Well, I do actually. It comes down to the club crest he wears 9 months of the year, I thought that much was crystal.

July 13, 2010, 01:39:26 AM
Reply #23

BlueWool

Yes, IT IS because he plays for Liverpool. But equally your opinion of Carragher and Gerrard is because they play for Liverpool. Do you really think you'd know the details of Carrgher's biography and Gerrard's dealings with the police if they played for Fulham?

If you're trying to claim that you only don't like Carrgaher and Gerrard because of incidents in their private life then your deluding yourself.

July 13, 2010, 01:46:33 AM
Reply #24

.Rimbo.

Yes, IT IS because he plays for Liverpool. But equally your opinion of Carragher and Gerrard is because they play for Liverpool. Do you really think you'd know the details of Carrgher's biography and Gerrard's dealings with the police if they played for Fulham?

If you're trying to claim that you only don't like Carrgaher and Gerrard because of incidents in their private life then your deluding yourself.

I also don't like them because they're scousers who play for our rivals and both supposedly grew up as Evertonians. That much is true. I'm not saying it's just because of their run-ins with the law or what-not.

It's not because they're great players though. Pepe Reina is a superb player and I like him. Alonso, I like him. Torres, I'll admit it, I like him. Obviously, you don't know me so you can't make a fair judgement but the people that know me personally will tell you that much is true.

July 13, 2010, 01:54:04 AM
Reply #25

BlueWool

I'm the same. I don't dislke Alonso or Reina. It's just that for me Torres falls in the same category as Carragher, Gerrard and Mascherano. Because our judgements are based on such fleeting 'facts' you can't really be embarrassed by me just because our judgements vary ever so slightly.

July 13, 2010, 02:32:35 AM
Reply #26

Scouse Ruletero

Any particular reason why you're posting pictures of a Liverpool player, with an LFC scarf draped around his neck, posing with the World Cup trophy, on an Everton fans' website?

Is this your way at getting back at the few (no doubt 'well-oiled') Evertonians who so offended your sensibilities when they cheered Torres getting crocked?

Seriously, it's just banter. In a pub. Where alcohol had been consumed, during a World Cup Final.

It's not like he was spat at, as he was walking his dog in Stanley Park, unprovoked.

July 13, 2010, 02:40:59 AM
Reply #27

benny

NSNO Subscriber
I went the pub last night to watch the match and with a few minutes left on the clock, Torres pulled up and went down, leading to an almighty roar of laughs and cheers from Evertonians in the pub. Then one of them went "Warayyy, I'm made up he's done in the fuckin' knobhead!"

I was standing with two mates, one's an Arsenal fan and the other's a red. The red went "Eh, Everton have just won the league. Can you hear that?"

I was honestly embarrassed and didn't know what to say back. It was just fucking pathetic.
          I am sorry that you was put in that situation but come on wouldn`t a majority of their fans would have done the same if one of our star players had been playing and done the same.That is what is called rivarly.

July 13, 2010, 02:52:21 AM
Reply #28

Craig_1878

Any particular reason why you're posting pictures of a Liverpool player, with an LFC scarf draped around his neck, posing with the World Cup trophy, on an Everton fans' website?

Is this your way at getting back at the few (no doubt 'well-oiled') Evertonians who so offended your sensibilities when they cheered Torres getting crocked?

Seriously, it's just banter. In a pub. Where alcohol had been consumed, during a World Cup Final.

It's not like he was spat at, as he was walking his dog in Stanley Park, unprovoked.

This. If every person had such respect for their rival's teams and players, then the appeal of the game for the average fan would decrease. It's part of what makes football and sport in general entertaining.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

July 13, 2010, 02:57:21 AM
Reply #29

benny

NSNO Subscriber

Whats he holding the fuckin trophy for,he done fuck all to win it knobhead