November 21, 2017, 12:10:05 PM

Author Topic: Embarrassed by some of my own fanbase yet again  (Read 5966 times)

July 13, 2010, 02:59:30 AM
Reply #30

Cantoffie

"You have a perty mouth boy."
My cup runeth over with blood, but not wine.

deCoubertin

July 13, 2010, 03:02:24 AM
Reply #31

dazzlar

I personally cheered a little, created a comic text including the phrase '70 million pound medical bills' and sent it around a few of my friends who happen to either be reds or Mancs. They all replied with a joking tone, i slept fine.

In all honesty people take this loyal and respectable football fan malarky far too seriously, its called Rivalry. To me, the moment a player dons the red shirt he is a cunt,  :thumbsup:

That doesn't make me a bastard or a 'tared with the same brush' fan. Its just a rivalry which if we lived without, would make football boring and pointless.

July 13, 2010, 03:37:18 AM
Reply #32

Robioto

I'm sorry but I enjoyed watching him crumple over. I wouldn't start screaming and shouting about it but to me anything bad happening to Liverpool always puts a smile on my face.

July 13, 2010, 03:39:51 AM
Reply #33

wooleyblue

I went the pub last night to watch the match and with a few minutes left on the clock, Torres pulled up and went down, leading to an almighty roar of laughs and cheers from Evertonians in the pub. Then one of them went "Warayyy, I'm made up he's done in the fuckin' knobhead!"

I was standing with two mates, one's an Arsenal fan and the other's a red. The red went "Eh, Everton have just won the league. Can you hear that?"

I was honestly embarrassed and didn't know what to say back. It was just fucking pathetic.

First off - hello and no hard feelings!   :thumbsup:

Not posted for a long time but I do read the site quite a lot.  I am not sure what is more embarrassing to be honest, the fact that you are denouncing your fellow blues on an everton fans forum or you not responding with a piss taking return to your kopite/arsenal friend.

Someone made a statement earlier regarding football rivalry and IMHO no matter how much you disguise it and they call us bitter we have one of the best rivalries in the world.  I drink in a pub where evertonians are outnumbered and we get hammered all the time by the redshite but yet it is all in good humour.  Take it for what it is......  a bit of banter, do you think you would hear a liverpool fan denouncing their fans for cheering every single goal that was scored against everton or an everton player making a mistake for their country? No, this is what happens in my boozer when I have to watch the games on the TV, but I dont think any less of the people who make these sarcastic remarks I just pay them back with a few of my own.  So does that make me bitter, sad and an embarrassment, no, just having a bit of banter with my mates.  Yes they all cheered when Jonny got sent off and also continued to take the mick out of Everton, but as i say all in good spirits and none of it remotely worthy of getting embarrassed about!

Now my behaviour with the town bike in the bar later that night might have been bad and worthy of a red face this morning!!!!

PS:  The photo of Torres with an LFC scarf is the worst photo shop job I have ever seen!  Didnt realise a scarf could stick to your wrist!

July 13, 2010, 04:06:26 AM
Reply #34

Bootle Blue

I gave a little cheer when Torres went down as well :D

July 13, 2010, 04:22:31 AM
Reply #35

Gash

Global Moderator

PS:  The photo of Torres with an LFC scarf is the worst photo shop job I have ever seen!  Didnt realise a scarf could stick to your wrist!

It's a genuine photo. There's a lot of different ones in all the press, including one of him out on the pitch wearing it.

July 13, 2010, 04:33:27 AM
Reply #36

Dr. Sponge

I went the pub last night to watch the match and with a few minutes left on the clock, Torres pulled up and went down, leading to an almighty roar of laughs and cheers from Evertonians in the pub. Then one of them went "Warayyy, I'm made up he's done in the fuckin' knobhead!"

I was standing with two mates, one's an Arsenal fan and the other's a red. The red went "Eh, Everton have just won the league. Can you hear that?"

I was honestly embarrassed and didn't know what to say back. It was just fucking pathetic.

Supporting Everton didn't make him shout that out. He could have been a Spurs fan and shouted something similar if van Persie had pulled up injured. He shouted that because he's either a wazzock, or he was winding someone up. Not because he is an Evertonian.

July 13, 2010, 04:53:38 AM
Reply #37

charlatan

In all honesty people take this loyal and respectable football fan malarky far too seriously, its called Rivalry. To me, the moment a player dons the red shirt he is a cunt,

This

I'm sorry but I enjoyed watching him crumple over. I wouldn't start screaming and shouting about it but to me anything bad happening to Liverpool always puts a smile on my face. 

And This ;)

July 13, 2010, 05:04:15 AM
Reply #38

wooleyblue

It's a genuine photo. There's a lot of different ones in all the press, including one of him out on the pitch wearing it.

OK fair enough dont remember much from around 9.30 last night (including hangover monday) so I must apologise - the photo doesn't look natural to me, just like torres!

July 13, 2010, 06:49:28 AM
Reply #39

ever100

I suppose it all comes down to personal opinion as to what is 'respectable', 'rivalry' or 'acceptable'.
[removed by myself 'cos the comparison, although true, wasnt really relevant to this current topic] So, to be fair if the only problem we've got is someone laughin at the fact that the shite either, cant sell someone 'cos they're injured, or that he cant play for them 'cos he's injured, then its really not that bad. Lets face it, if rivalry means you call someone a 'ladyboy' all season, then surely its askin a bit much for people to switch that rivalry off because its the holy grail of the world cup.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:05:12 AM by ever100 »

July 13, 2010, 12:33:20 PM
Reply #40

ilikebrunettes

About As embarrasing as when all of
goodison celebrated
more when gerrard limped of in the cup, then they did most goals that season
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

July 13, 2010, 04:13:58 PM
Reply #41

BlueSte

The Black Watch

July 13, 2010, 04:14:15 PM
Reply #42

BlueSte

The Black Watch

July 13, 2010, 04:31:36 PM
Reply #43

Jamokachi

PS:  The photo of Torres with an LFC scarf is the worst photo shop job I have ever seen!  Didnt realise a scarf could stick to your wrist!

PML. You've not seen many photoshop efforts then!

Oh, and Rimbo, stop fucking whinging lad. As has been said, you were in a pub, cuntish statements are the norm. It only reflects bad on you if you let it.

July 13, 2010, 04:37:03 PM
Reply #44

Scouse Ruletero

About As embarrasing as when all of
goodison celebrated
more when gerrard limped of in the cup, then they did most goals that season

You get embarrassed very easily then. Why get embarrassed by something like that? It's called rivalry and banter. Do you think LFC fans politely applauded when Fellaini was carried off in the derby?

By the way, what does LFC having 'most goals' have to do with us cheering Gerrard going off? I doubt that was little consolation to LFC fans, given we knocked them out and went to Wembley twice.

I don't understand why people 'get embarrassed' by normal football fan things that have been happening for decades, are the norm, and to 99% of people, are just a laugh and part of the appeal of football.

As someone posted earlier, if we all respected all of our opponents, there would be no passion in football. We'd might as well be watching Athletics or Netball.