October 17, 2017, 04:33:10 PM

Author Topic: Player Rating vs Chelsea  (Read 4987 times)

December 12, 2009, 11:31:54 PM
Read 4987 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Howard 8 - commanded his area, looked sharp and passionate and could do nothing about the goals.

Baines 8 - finally some great balls in and ran his arse off.  MOM

Heitinga 6 - looked dodgy at times and both he and Neill gave Drogba too much space but put some great tackles in.

Neill 6 - hated him first half, too laid back.  Great display second half at times.

Hibbert 6 - solid defensively on the whole despite Chelsea pressure.

Bily 4 - really poor today, poor passing, poor control, poor shooting.  Offered very little.

Rodwell 6 - average.  Can't remember much he did good or bad.

Fellaini 7 - another solid game, good passing, good heading and some telling interceptions.  The usual silly fouls marred him a bit.

Pienaar 5 - ran a lot but nothing worked for him, shrugged off the ball and passing poor for him.

Jo 5 - started okay and had a good shot but wanted it less and less and it was almost a blessing he got injured.

Saha 7 - another good performance, in the mix but lapse of concentration led to Chelsea goal.  Good hold up play.

Subs:

Yakubu 7 - nicely taken goal, played his part in attack and defence and held the ball up well.  One of his best games in a while.

Agard 7 - okay he has minutes on the pitch but when he legged across at the end for that ball I loved it!

Moyes 7 - brave formation choice by Moyes that kinda worked.  Seems to finally be realising this season that 4-5-1 is not the only way to play.

deCoubertin

December 12, 2009, 11:38:49 PM
Reply #1

evertonjoe

Having only seen the second half i'd have to agree with those ratings though i'd possibly have heitinga and Neil as 7's but i haven't seen the first 2 goals yet

R.A.P Music

December 12, 2009, 11:40:59 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Those ratings are about right I think.

The centre backs became stronger in the second half.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 12, 2009, 11:44:24 PM
Reply #3

BlueWool

Did Neill play in the middle today then?

December 12, 2009, 11:45:14 PM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much agree with all of that. I think I'd give Heitinga a little more, maybe a 7 or 8 even as he made some important tackles as you say and was for the most part pretty solid.

And Rodwell, he was a 5 for me (again the most frequent comment I see written about him is "forgot he was playing" or some such) - I really need to see him put some more tackles in. I wouldn't hold Fellaini up as a poster child for good tackling by any stretch but you know at least the opposition know they played a game against him today. Rodwell I dunno, just a bit too composed but perhaps also scared to make a mistake.

Billy didn't have a good game, the mistake at the end was almost very costly (plus it cost us a chance at scoring). He needs to move the ball a bit quicker sometimes.

And yes, Agard tackle was nice - it probably saved us another dangerous ball lofted into the box again. I hope we see more of him.

December 12, 2009, 11:48:13 PM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

Howard 8 - He was by far the better keeper. He may have let in 3, but come on, Drogba and Anelka were class in front of goal today. Some of the shots were unsaveable

Baines 9 - Must have been because Capello was watching, but he was so important today. He defended well, but his crosses were immense. MOTM

Heitinga 6 - Unnecessary fouls applenty. He says CB is his preffered role, so today must have been an off day, or he's just wrong.

Neill 7 - 6 for the first half, 8 for the second. He kept us in the game at times in the second half and if he can play like that for the full 90 then we'll have a lot less to worry about at CB.

Hibbert 7 - He was slightly at fault for one of the Chelsea goals I think, but he made some great tackles and crosses.

Bily 5 - Nothing. He gave the ball away a lot.

Rodwell 6 - Didn't get much action, but when he had the ball he was calm and decisive - as always.

Fellaini 7 - Silly fouls applenty, but he made some great headers and was important in the goals.

Pienaar 5 - Just an off day. I saw him make some bad passes, which is so odd for him ;)

Jo 0 - No passion, no desire, no respect. Get him the fuck outta this team.

Saha 8 - Lost the ball a few times, but held on to it most of the time. He deserved his goal.

Subs:

Yakubu 7 - Showed us all the quality he has with his instinctive and quick finish. If he can work on his fitness and pace, we'll have a top class striker again.

Agard 7 - He made a surprisingly important tackle, which gave us a throw in at the end. He was on for 1 minute, but showed more passion and desire than Jo all season. Looking forward to seeing more of this guy.

Moyes 8 - Wise formation and made the team play to their strengths.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:50:04 PM by CallumF73 »
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 12, 2009, 11:49:16 PM
Reply #6

fast lane

Having only seen the second half i'd have to agree with those ratings though i'd possibly have heitinga and Neil as 7's but i haven't seen the first 2 goals yet

The back two didn't do too badly, so I'll agree with that.
The goals were not all their fault.
And yes they did give Drogba too much room at times, but he is very difficult to defend against.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 12, 2009, 11:52:22 PM
Reply #7

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Howard 7 - no chance with the goals
Hibbert 6 - typical Hibbert performance
Heitinga 7 - did well under a lot of pressure and looks a decent option at CB
Neill 7 - some good blocks and a decent game, those comments on here last week about him not caring and only being here for the money were laughable by the way.
Baines 7 - good delivery from set pieces and worked the flank well.  He still stands off a bit too much defensively though.
Pienaar 6 - didn't see an awful lot of the ball but helped out well defensively.
Rodwell 6 - solid enough game for Rodders
Fellaini 7 - beginning to look like a player with a bit of class now.  Stop those stupid fouls though!
Bily 5 - looked way off the pace today, I'd rest him asap.
Jo 6 - did alright whilst he was on but he just doesn't look dangerous at all.
Saha 7 - some great hold up play and was a constant threat.  Provided a good outlet as well.
Yakubu 6 - still looks a way off his best but hopefully that goal will help his confidence.

December 13, 2009, 01:38:50 AM
Reply #8

Derek

Bily was the let down for me, Baines outstanding and everyone else not too bad overall.

Really looking forward to seeing more of Agard, though.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 13, 2009, 02:10:41 AM
Reply #9

Thom

Administrator
Howard- 7
Hibbert- 6
Neill- 6
Heitinga- 7
Baines- 7
Pienaar- 6
Rodwell- 6
Fellaini- 7
Billy- 5
Jo- 6
Saha- 8

Subs:
Yakubu- 6
Agard- N/A

December 13, 2009, 02:15:35 AM
Reply #10

Билялетдинов

Howard- 7
Hibbert- 6
Neill- 5
Heitinga- 7
Baines- 7
Pienaar- 6
Rodwell- 6
Fellaini- 7
Billy- 5
Jo- 6
Saha- 7

Subs:
Yakubu- 7
Agard- 6

December 13, 2009, 02:48:16 AM
Reply #11

chang

Don't forget Rodwell was up against Lampard and Ballack, so big learning opportunity for him.

December 13, 2009, 03:37:36 AM
Reply #12

sharpattack

I'd agree 0 for Jo
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 13, 2009, 03:52:32 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
Baines 8 - finally some great balls in and ran his arse off.  MOM

And yes, Agard tackle was nice - it probably saved us another dangerous ball lofted into the box again. I hope we see more of him.

Innuendo Bingo FTW.  :whistle:

December 13, 2009, 09:05:01 PM
Reply #14

blue for you

howard - 7
hibbert - 7
neil- 6
heitinga - 8
baines- 8
fellaini - 8
pienaar - 6
rodwell - 6