December 17, 2017, 05:58:19 PM

Author Topic: Player Rating vs Chelsea  (Read 5118 times)

December 14, 2009, 07:56:05 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say Fellaini was our best player. Again, like in the cup final, he doesn't look out of place compared to their players and that's a pretty fair marker.

Saha is excellent at bringing the ball under control.

He's not excellent at the subsequent link up play. He holds onto the ball too long. If there is a simple lay off he should make it. Their first goal is a prime example. There was a ball back into midfield available to him, but he allowed Carvalho the opportunity to nip in and take possession off him.

This is nit picking, but it's frustrating as he's that good, he doesn't need to make this type of mistake.

Bily looks knackered, which is understandable given that he's already played a whole season. He still gets back into good defensive positions, like one occasion where he beat Ballack to a far post header, but he's too tired to really effect the play going forward. Especially against someone like them.

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 09:06:51 PM
Reply #16

ToxtethBlue

I thought Fellaini and Rodwell where quietly effective in the middle of the park, especially in the first half. Considering the inexperience of the partnership, the surroundings and the quality of opposition, a very promising performance.

I thought Bilyaletdinov had a decent first half, neat and tidy in possession and got involved. He disappeared in the second and look knackered though.
ToxtethBlue

December 14, 2009, 10:26:54 PM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd say Fellaini was our best player. Again, like in the cup final, he doesn't look out of place compared to their players and that's a pretty fair marker.

Saha is excellent at bringing the ball under control.

He's not excellent at the subsequent link up play. He holds onto the ball too long. If there is a simple lay off he should make it. Their first goal is a prime example. There was a ball back into midfield available to him, but he allowed Carvalho the opportunity to nip in and take possession off him.

This is nit picking, but it's frustrating as he's that good, he doesn't need to make this type of mistake.

Bily looks knackered, which is understandable given that he's already played a whole season. He still gets back into good defensive positions, like one occasion where he beat Ballack to a far post header, but he's too tired to really effect the play going forward. Especially against someone like them.

That's what Jo gives us that Saha doesn't, his link up play is far, far superior. He brings others into the game whereas Saha tends to hog the ball too much. That's my only criticism of Saha though.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 14, 2009, 10:57:35 PM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
That's what Jo gives us that Saha doesn't, his link up play is far, far superior. He brings others into the game whereas Saha tends to hog the ball too much. That's my only criticism of Saha though.

Yeah he is a selfish striker always looking for a shot when a pass is a better option. Many of the best strikers are like this though

December 14, 2009, 11:37:50 PM
Reply #19

cantoffee

Yeah he is a selfish striker always looking for a shot when a pass is a better option. Many of the best strikers are like this though

It's more supreme confidence than selfishness I'd say. Saha goes into every game expecting to score, we need a player like him because he's rarely short on confidence. He brings a swagger and arrogance to the field which is needed in a top team and needed to compete with the top teams.

December 14, 2009, 11:52:13 PM
Reply #20

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Saha needs one glimpse at goal tho. His left foot is magical. He is not a striker who needs loads of chances. Can even score with the backheaders(new term invented for his goal against Chelsea)
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...