November 21, 2017, 02:17:15 PM

Author Topic: boateng from portsmouth  (Read 3037 times)

July 19, 2010, 01:48:40 AM
Reply #15

Rhys

He does have talent and you can see why Spurs bought him when they did. Big, powerful, quick and full of energy. Added into that he does have some really good skills, two good feet but he is very inconsistent at the moment. I think his decision making is pretty hit and miss, he often tries the wrong thing at the wrong time. Someone could mould him into a very good player one day but he isnt what we need and we would be better of spending what it would cost to get him, if we have that kind of money, on someone else.

deCoubertin

July 19, 2010, 03:16:14 AM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
barley good enough? he was quality in the WC and could defo do a job for us in the midfield. play him on the right.

So was Phil Babb in 1990 WC.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

July 19, 2010, 05:21:47 AM
Reply #17

montanatoffeefan

Barely good enough and too much money even if we had it. I'd guess that is just the Italian media throwing in an English clubs name to make their rumours seem more genuine.

They obviously don't know which English club's name to drop to give creedence to a rumor like that then. LOL...well, crying out loud.

Boateng can be a handful. But I do worry about his temperament. and mentality. Seems a violent knobhead at times, and far too often. That tackle on Ballack should have gotten him sent off for a year.
Everton forever.

July 19, 2010, 07:27:12 PM
Reply #18

Evertonia Pyscho

It's probably bullshit anyway, but I'm not opposed to the idea, he's young relatively cheap (not for Everton) for today's transfer market and he's got that added bit of aggression required, but for 6 million, I'd say yes.

July 20, 2010, 01:01:31 AM
Reply #19

.Rimbo.

I wasn't impressed by what I'd seen of him previously, but I changed my mind after watching him for Ghana because he clearly does have the talent.

If Moyes wanted him and felt he could get the best from him then I think he'd be an excellent signing, but 8m odd is money we don't have at the moment.

The Prince came of age in the World Cup.

As you say though, we don't have the money at the moment.