November 23, 2017, 10:57:45 PM

Author Topic: An opportunity for some on Thursday  (Read 9087 times)

December 13, 2009, 08:56:47 PM
Reply #15

blue for you

James wallace won't be there i think he is still out injured. hope moyes gives a few young
lads a run out like to see baxter with the yak up front.

howard
coleman
duffy
hibbert
baines
fellaini
rodwell
bily
pienaar
baxter
yak :thumbsup:

deCoubertin

December 13, 2009, 09:10:06 PM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

We won't see wholesale changes. Moyes will probably give Pienaar a break if his knee has still got that support strap on it (couldn't tell if he did from today's stream). I'd expect to see Saha, Howard and Fellaini benched too. The only youngsters I can see starting are Coleman, Baxter, Agard and Duffy. Yakubu and Nash should be given run outs too.

So, something like this:

-----------------Nash------------
Coleman---Hibbert--Duffy---Baines
Baxter---Rodwell---Cahill---Billy
---------Agard----Yakubu-----

Cahill will be fine as he missed out today, Billy and Baines will play because Moyes doesn't have anyone to play instead of Baines, and Billy will start because Europe is slower and he needs to learn how we play still. Hibbert to start also as we have no one else.

I like the look of this, im a big fan of a good CB so id like to see Duffy get a game and absolutely give Pienaar a rest. Would be nice to see Agards pace and hunger paired with Yakubu's natural instinct and experience.

December 13, 2009, 09:30:31 PM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We won't see wholesale changes. Moyes will probably give Pienaar a break if his knee has still got that support strap on it (couldn't tell if he did from today's stream). I'd expect to see Saha, Howard and Fellaini benched too. The only youngsters I can see starting are Coleman, Baxter, Agard and Duffy. Yakubu and Nash should be given run outs too.

So, something like this:

Cahill will be fine as he missed out today, Billy and Baines will play because Moyes doesn't have anyone to play instead of Baines, and Billy will start because Europe is slower and he needs to learn how we play still. Hibbert to start also as we have no one else.

I like the look of this, im a big fan of a good CB so id like to see Duffy get a game and absolutely give Pienaar a rest. Would be nice to see Agards pace and hunger paired with Yakubu's natural instinct and experience.

I think thats a solid line up and one I could see Moyes going for. I might be tempted to play Neill instead of Hibbert though as I think he still needs to work on his fitness like the Yak.

December 13, 2009, 10:01:34 PM
Reply #18

Chris

Administrator
Just a quick one, are Cahill and Hibbert suspended?

December 13, 2009, 11:07:41 PM
Reply #19

Endless, Nameless

Just a quick one, are Cahill and Hibbert suspended?

That would be news to me. Cahill has served his one game (English-only) ban. Hibbert got a red in Europe, but that was ages ago, so I think he can play.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 13, 2009, 11:17:20 PM
Reply #20

Chris

Administrator
They both picked up second group stage yellows against AEK.

December 14, 2009, 01:10:36 AM
Reply #21

Endless, Nameless

They both picked up second group stage yellows against AEK.

I didn't realise that 2 yellows constituted a ban in Europe. Seems harsh. Plus, on the OS under suspensions it says the current suspension by Cahill means his next available game is in Europe on thursday, but then maybe the OS is wrong (Wouldn't be the first time, I guess).

December 14, 2009, 01:33:31 AM
Reply #22

toffee_scot

I would just play a mixture of young players and first team players. Give Coleman, Baxter, Duffy and Agard a run out. I think Billy should play so he gets more used to the way we play and he may be more familiar with the way the Belarussians play so he'll know how to get past them. I would rest Saha and maybe give Yakubu 90 minutes.

December 14, 2009, 01:46:11 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

Please god don't let Moyes put out Pienaar, Saha or any other good player who has been suffering with injuries. Other than that I'm not bothered who Moyes puts out, truth be told.

December 14, 2009, 02:30:28 AM
Reply #24

DannyR

i'd like yak to start so he can get his fitness up. also the ACN will do yak good as it will get him some fitness
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 14, 2009, 07:30:01 AM
Reply #25

brap.

i would love some of the young guns to get a run out. Agard, wallace, coleman, duffy. Stick 'em on moyesy.

December 14, 2009, 03:19:44 PM
Reply #26

top flight for a long time

We only need a 10 goal turnaround to finish top  :whistle: and get an easier tie in the knockout stages.
We're forever Everton....

December 14, 2009, 04:13:25 PM
Reply #27

Blake

We only need a 10 goal turnaround to finish top  :whistle: and get an easier tie in the knockout stages.

and a time machine... so we can go forward in time, get some players fit, then go back in time & play benfica again

December 14, 2009, 04:31:15 PM
Reply #28

Blake

... So, something like this:

I'd pretty much agree with that. Maybe Fellaini in for Cahill just to protect him as he is on 2 yellows.

Not sure who will replace Neill; Heitinga & Jo in the squad, other than Cahill. Probably Wallace & ???. Rumour on another board Vaughan & Osman back in training today - but I can't see either being involved. Who would be the next kid to fill a spot on the bench?

December 14, 2009, 06:02:46 PM
Reply #29

aylesbury blue

I don't want wholesale changes, we have found a bit of form so want players to keep playing.

I'd go with

Howard

Coleman         Hibbert         Duffy        Baines

Baxter           Rodwell          Feliani      Bily

Cahill

Yak

Nice and safe and giving a few a decent amount of mins in action.
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.