November 25, 2017, 02:42:59 AM

Author Topic: An opportunity for some on Thursday  (Read 9098 times)

December 14, 2009, 07:37:40 PM
Reply #30

MmmBlueRamirez

I don't want wholesale changes, we have found a bit of form so want players to keep playing.

I'd go with

Howard

Coleman         Hibbert         Duffy        Baines

Baxter           Rodwell          Feliani      Bily

Cahill

Yak

Nice and safe and giving a few a decent amount of mins in action.

This is about spot on for me.

We need to batter the hell out of these chumps to bring back the feel good factor ahead of our cruical clash with birmingham.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 08:02:22 PM
Reply #31

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
This is about spot on for me.

We need to batter the hell out of these chumps to bring back the feel good factor ahead of our cruical clash with birmingham.

Good point about the confidence.

I'd consider giving Bily a rest.

Yes he needs to understand our game, but he also needs a rest as he's clearly knackered. I suppose it depends on whether Baxter is fit. I don't think he was on the bench on Sat was he?

December 14, 2009, 08:59:02 PM
Reply #32

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Nash

Coleman
Hibbert
Duffy
Baines

Baxter
Fellaini
Cahill
Bily

Agard
Yakubu

Good enough team to win, rest players, give experience to, and give Nash a deserved game for us.

It's so important to rest Pienaar & Saha.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

December 14, 2009, 10:16:06 PM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

Some of you lot are off your fucking rockers.

December 14, 2009, 10:35:56 PM
Reply #34

MmmBlueRamirez

Some of you lot are off your fucking rockers.

Which way are you swinging on this debate Jamo?

Plenty o youngsters or mainly 1st choice players?

December 14, 2009, 10:49:58 PM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

Which way are you swinging on this debate Jamo?

Plenty o youngsters or mainly 1st choice players?

I'd like to see some youngsters given a go. Coleman, Baxter, Gosling. But some teams listed in this thread are just the under 18's, which is madness!

We need to win. There's nothing on it I know. But winning football games breeds confidence, and that's what we need at the moment. So we need to show BATE respect and play some of the big guns. Fellaini, Yakubu, Bily, Cahill are musts for me. I'd include Baines in that too, but he was wearing a knee support on Saturday, so maybe a rest is needed?

I would like to see Nash given a run out though. It's the guy's dream.

December 14, 2009, 11:06:50 PM
Reply #36

.Rimbo.

We won't see wholesale changes. Moyes will probably give Pienaar a break if his knee has still got that support strap on it (couldn't tell if he did from today's stream). I'd expect to see Saha, Howard and Fellaini benched too. The only youngsters I can see starting are Coleman, Baxter, Agard and Duffy. Yakubu and Nash should be given run outs too.

So, something like this:

-----------------Nash------------
Coleman---Hibbert--Duffy---Baines
Baxter---Rodwell---Cahill---Billy
---------Agard----Yakubu-----

Cahill will be fine as he missed out today, Billy and Baines will play because Moyes doesn't have anyone to play instead of Baines, and Billy will start because Europe is slower and he needs to learn how we play still. Hibbert to start also as we have no one else.

Agreed with pretty much all of that. Would like to see Mustafi ahead of Duffy though.

December 14, 2009, 11:14:47 PM
Reply #37

MmmBlueRamirez

Agreed with pretty much all of that. Would like to see Mustafi ahead of Duffy though.

Don't this Mustafi is quite ready for his 1st start yet. Maybe bring him on in place of duffy or hibbo if we are cruising in the second half

December 14, 2009, 11:25:26 PM
Reply #38

.Rimbo.

Don't this Mustafi is quite ready for his 1st start yet. Maybe bring him on in place of duffy or hibbo if we are cruising in the second half

I don't think Duffy is either though and there's only one way to learn.

I'm sure Mustafi made the bench ahead of Duffy earlier in the season as well.

December 14, 2009, 11:48:18 PM
Reply #39

MmmBlueRamirez

I don't think Duffy is either though and there's only one way to learn.

I'm sure Mustafi made the bench ahead of Duffy earlier in the season as well.

I thought Duffy did well when he came on the other week against AEK after a slightly nervy start.

Also his recent performances for the reserves merit a chance.

December 15, 2009, 06:14:29 PM
Reply #40

van der Meyde

They both picked up second group stage yellows against AEK.
I think it's three bookings, Chris. Howard also got his second against AEK.

Apparently these bookings may carry over into the knock-out rounds as well? Anyone able to clarify that further?

December 16, 2009, 04:12:08 AM
Reply #41

Chris

Administrator
That was only Howard's first mate.

Must be three though, have a look at the Press kit for Thursday's game...

http://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/competitions/uefacup/2010/e/e_2000889_pk.pdf

The astrix in the 'D' column against Hibbo and Cahill's name means one more yellow card would see them banned.

December 16, 2009, 05:00:19 AM
Reply #42

Mahoney

I'm hoping Nash gets a run out....to be able to say to the grand children one day that he played in a European game for his boyhood club would be great. I know Moyes won't be thinking this (or maybe he will) but Nash deserves at least one game and some first team experience is needed just in case Howard decides he wants to join the walking wounded (god forbid!)
It's getting pretty serious.

December 16, 2009, 04:48:51 PM
Reply #43

MmmBlueRamirez

theyre hinting on the OS that Agard will get a first start. Would be interesting to see him paired with the Yak up front. Pace and power.

December 16, 2009, 07:26:51 PM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
theyre hinting on the OS that Agard will get a first start. Would be interesting to see him paired with the Yak up front. Pace and power.

He'd be good for the Yak as well.

To be fully effective the Yak needs someone who'll do a lot of the donkey work for him, like chasing lost causes.

Agard should be full of enthusiasm so he'd be willing to do that side of things.