November 24, 2017, 10:59:14 PM

Author Topic: Hull v Everton  (Read 14258 times)

December 27, 2016, 09:23:08 PM
Reply #15

Ross

Thought Hull played quite well yesterday and had a real go at City in the second half.

Won't be easy and we'll need to be patient but we should have enough about us.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 27, 2016, 09:39:12 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

I was quite looking forward to this game then saw it's 8pm Friday night live on the telly, which is clearly now going to involve a trip to the pub and ruining what I was hoping to be a decent night out.

December 27, 2016, 09:56:29 PM
Reply #17

Everton Mint

Really, really, really hope he gives Davies a start.

The lad deserves the chance and I think he will help to get us out of the blocks better at the beginning of the game.

December 27, 2016, 10:03:56 PM
Reply #18

Rodenplav64

We have played 5 of the bottom 6 and got 3 wins and 2 draws . We should manage at least a point .

December 27, 2016, 10:16:02 PM
Reply #19

Toddacelli

We have played 5 of the bottom 6 and got 3 wins and 2 draws . We should manage at least a point .

And we shouldn't get too excited either.

In the Liverpool game we couldn't get out of our half - even at the end of the game when they all sat back and the ref gave us a few minutes to try and mount an attack we just couldn't move the ball near their box.

Last night against Leicester it was very laboured trying to move the ball forward (before the substitutions) and when we were under pressure - hoofing it just gave it to them and brought it back to us.

We really need to work on moving the ball forward into the final third and keeping in the opposition's half where we can hurt them. Hopefully, after the confidence of the Leicester result, this is a game we can start to do just that.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 27, 2016, 11:01:13 PM
Reply #20

Paddockoldie

If 'should' was points we'd be second I reckon... still think the points are there to be taken. Davies to get another half I reckon and Barkley deeper.

December 28, 2016, 12:47:25 AM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We ended up with baines and naismith centre mid
Barry centre back, Barkley centre forward

Was it three nil?
Jelavic chipped Joel as he sat on the floor

We started off with Barry at CB but then left him there in the second half despite playing Baines and Naismith at CM, as you say.

The tactics tombola was at its peak there.

It was 2-0; Alcaraz got sent off near the end.

December 28, 2016, 01:37:06 AM
Reply #22

sam of the south

We started off with Barry at CB but then left him there in the second half despite playing Baines and Naismith at CM, as you say.

The tactics tombola was at its peak there.

It was 2-0; Alcaraz got sent off near the end.

Yeah, but but, our attacking play was spectacular, etc.

Fucking wasn't though, was it.

Flabby players, powderpuff down the centre, calamitous defending, and slow side-to-side passing.

Good riddance to that utter grimness.

It's not roses now, but I at least feel some hope comparatively.

Anyway, I reckon we'll draw this.

Just can't see us winning three out of four somehow.

As long as we don't lose, and have a rip-roaring Tranny Window (🍆) I will be happy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:45:15 AM by sam of the south »
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 28, 2016, 01:49:36 AM
Reply #23

indiantoffee1975

Only concern is that it's 1 point from 12 from the last 4 televised games on Sky.

December 28, 2016, 01:57:11 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
Only concern is that it's 1 point from 12 from the last 4 televised games on Sky.

The Arsenal game was on BT if that helps? ;)

December 28, 2016, 01:57:36 AM
Reply #25

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Pretty irrelevant stat that. Cameras are there every game.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 28, 2016, 04:27:23 AM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Only Pl side not to win in December
You all know the drill

Simply simply lovely

December 28, 2016, 04:44:21 AM
Reply #27

stirlingblue

And we shouldn't get too excited either.

In the Liverpool game we couldn't get out of our half - even at the end of the game when they all sat back and the ref gave us a few minutes to try and mount an attack we just couldn't move the ball near their box.

Last night against Leicester it was very laboured trying to move the ball forward (before the substitutions) and when we were under pressure - hoofing it just gave it to them and brought it back to us.

We really need to work on moving the ball forward into the final third and keeping in the opposition's half where we can hurt them. Hopefully, after the confidence of the Leicester result, this is a game we can start to do just that.

Playing Liverpool or Leicester is a very different kettle of fish to Hull.

Hull won't be trying to press us in our own half so we (hopefully) wont resort to the long ball so often

December 28, 2016, 01:09:43 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

Playing Liverpool or Leicester is a very different kettle of fish to Hull.

Hull won't be trying to press us in our own half so we (hopefully) wont resort to the long ball so often

However the shitter the opposition the slower we come out the traps.
Got grim written all over it.

December 28, 2016, 03:20:31 PM
Reply #29

christiffa25

Robles
Coleman Williams mori baines
Gueye Davies
Lennon Barkley mirallas
Lukaku

Need to bare in mind the 3/5 at the back formation is a counter by koeman when teams play 2 up top. It also makes us play no better as whilst the end result against Leicester was good , we were still pretty awfull for most the game. In fact we had any real control once we switched to 4 at the back and Davies and Barkley came on.