November 18, 2017, 06:26:21 PM

Author Topic: Hull v Everton  (Read 13974 times)

December 30, 2016, 11:37:02 AM
Reply #60

blue1948

7th is about par for us. We're the best of the rest and each year we my have to hope one of two of the genuine top 6 have a meltdown and we capitalise, otherwise where we are now is about our ceiling.

Which is why it annoys me when we screw up our only chance of any excitement and achievement in the cups every year.
The problem with your comment is that the "rest "seems to get bigger each year .At first it was Man Utd ,Arsenal and Liverpool  then Chelsea won the lotto ,Man City won the Euro lottery and now Spurs are in the mix
I am certainly not looking forward to the day Stoke or West Brom get there before us .The time is now and I am sure that Mr.Moshiri will show us in the next month where we are heading.Not long ago there were lots of posts ridiculing the chance of a waterfront stadium and now it really is a possibility and I am so confident that we will have a few more players soon .Not particularly bothered who goes but three new additions will do me fine as long as they are better than what we have .

December 30, 2016, 01:58:46 PM
Reply #61

Lxxx

The problem with your comment is that the "rest "seems to get bigger each year .At first it was Man Utd ,Arsenal and Liverpool  then Chelsea won the lotto ,Man City won the Euro lottery and now Spurs are in the mix
I am certainly not looking forward to the day Stoke or West Brom get there before us .The time is now and I am sure that Mr.Moshiri will show us in the next month where we are heading.Not long ago there were lots of posts ridiculing the chance of a waterfront stadium and now it really is a possibility and I am so confident that we will have a few more players soon .Not particularly bothered who goes but three new additions will do me fine as long as they are better than what we have .

It's not really a problem it's just reality. You still need to keep some perspective and realise what is and isn't possible.

Leeds chased the dream and imploded when the cash ran out. Villa similarly.

The new financial rules were put in place to stop any new entrants crashing the cosy elite club just as much as it was there to protect clubs from chasing the dream and going bust.

Fleetingly reaching the fringes of the top 4 might be as good as it gets for us really, but if we can get a new stadium and put the club on a sound footing then it's no disgrace.

December 30, 2016, 02:39:40 PM
Reply #62

Macca77

Quick one for you all, does Barkley start tonight or keep the same 11 that started on Boxing Day?

December 30, 2016, 03:00:24 PM
Reply #63

blue1948

Quick one for you all, does Barkley start tonight or keep the same 11 that started on Boxing Day?
No one but the management team know yet ,it is a couple of hours before kick off we get to know

December 30, 2016, 03:04:14 PM
Reply #64

blue1948

It's not really a problem it's just reality. You still need to keep some perspective and realise what is and isn't possible.

Leeds chased the dream and imploded when the cash ran out. Villa similarly.

The new financial rules were put in place to stop any new entrants crashing the cosy elite club just as much as it was there to protect clubs from chasing the dream and going bust.

Fleetingly reaching the fringes of the top 4 might be as good as it gets for us really, but if we can get a new stadium and put the club on a sound footing then it's no disgrace.
Not getting in too deep with this but the same could have been said for Chelsea or City when they were taken over ! They had different ideas and so I hope ,do we .The Leeds and Villa references were above my head as to relevance when discussing the Top Six or for that matter the "rest "

December 30, 2016, 03:29:19 PM
Reply #65

Bluedylan

One of the more refreshing things is that it's hard to say. After the last two seasons, when all of us (and no doubt the opposition) could predict our starting team and formation about a month before a game, it's been nice to see it being less predictable and much more flexible.

I think Davies might start ahead of Barkley.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2016, 03:33:47 PM
Reply #66

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Think we will go back to four at the back

Simply simply lovely

December 30, 2016, 03:43:07 PM
Reply #67

bigmanbob

Think we will go back to four at the back
Do Hull play two up top? As Ron has openly said we will play 5 at the back when this is the case. I really hope Davies gets a game with him and Gana centre mid, they wont get a moments peace

December 30, 2016, 03:45:04 PM
Reply #68

Bluedylan

Do Hull play two up top? As Ron has openly said we will play 5 at the back when this is the case. I really hope Davies gets a game with him and Gana centre mid, they wont get a moments peace

Played 3-5-1-1 in their last two games, with Snodgrass playing off Mbokani.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 30, 2016, 03:58:25 PM
Reply #69

bigmanbob

Jesus, Snodgrass off Mbokani, hardly Sharp and Gray are they!

December 30, 2016, 04:01:27 PM
Reply #70

Toddacelli

Nope. But they won't be up against Stevens, Ratcliffe, Mountfield and Van Den Hauwe either...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 30, 2016, 04:39:14 PM
Reply #71

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Nope. But they won't be up against Stevens, Ratcliffe, Mountfield and Van Den Hauwe either...
That made me laugh that one.

December 30, 2016, 05:18:23 PM
Reply #72

ally2

That Mbokani looks very strong but his finishing is woeful...

December 30, 2016, 05:26:32 PM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Why have you cursed us like this?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 30, 2016, 05:37:24 PM
Reply #74

Lxxx

Ssssshhh.... Some on here were suggesting Snodgrass might be a decent signing for us last week.