November 23, 2017, 11:49:57 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Arsenal  (Read 36374 times)

January 06, 2010, 01:42:09 AM
Reply #30

Endless, Nameless

We are the team that Arsenal has scored the most goals against in the Prem.

Thankyou. I knew I wasn't imagining it.

Anyway, I think the result can go two ways. We could fight and get a scrappy win or draw, or we could let Arsenal play and get torn apart. I predict the latter, but hopefully we've learnt that Arsenal are too fucking good to be playing hoofball against. If you keep giving it back to them, then they will keep coming at you and they will score.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 06, 2010, 02:05:46 AM
Reply #31

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
The last time I went to an Arsenal away game we won 2-1!! Im going back 14 years though and yes im going on Saturday

January 06, 2010, 04:35:32 AM
Reply #32

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cant see anything than a naughty defeat. Donovan wont play, coleman wont play, saha will travel to discuss his transfer all in all an annoying weekend

Simply simply lovely

January 06, 2010, 04:45:47 AM
Reply #33

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Would love a point from this one

January 06, 2010, 05:27:10 AM
Reply #34

Gash

Global Moderator
A point would be good. Depends which Arsenal turns up. Against Villa and West Ham they were pretty turd for a while, then a couple of substitutions, bang. Game over.

January 06, 2010, 06:20:14 AM
Reply #35

Mahoney

Like a few of you have said, we need to muscle up. I think there is a correlation between fewer yellow cards this season and our results. I'm not saying we need to be dirty, but we need to boss the game on a physical level. That said, this is going to be difficult...a draw would be great, but I think 2-0 to the Arse (sorry!).
It's getting pretty serious.

January 06, 2010, 02:40:25 PM
Reply #36

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Like a few of you have said, we need to muscle up. I think there is a correlation between fewer yellow cards this season and our results. I'm not saying we need to be dirty, but we need to boss the game on a physical level. That said, this is going to be difficult...a draw would be great, but I think 2-0 to the Arse (sorry!).
where the hell have you got that from .... only player with fewer cards is the big man   and he still gets more booking than he deserves  .. last year we where in top 3 with fewest card  this year we are midtable ..

http://soccernet.ESPN.go.com/stats/fairplay?league=ENG.1&year=2008&cc=5739

and we have even got 2 red cards in europe  :headbang:

January 06, 2010, 07:09:20 PM
Reply #37

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

where the hell have you got that from .... only player with fewer cards is the big man   and he still gets more booking than he deserves  .. last year we where in top 3 with fewest card  this year we are midtable ..

http://soccernet.ESPN.go.com/stats/fairplay?league=ENG.1&year=2008&cc=5739

and we have even got 2 red cards in europe  :headbang:

At least it got Hibbert off our backs for a few games  :woohoo:

January 06, 2010, 07:19:20 PM
Reply #38

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
At least it got Hibbert off our backs for a few games  :woohoo:
lolol

January 06, 2010, 07:25:30 PM
Reply #39

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thankyou. I knew I wasn't imagining it.

Anyway, I think the result can go two ways. We could fight and get a scrappy win or draw, or we could let Arsenal play and get torn apart. I predict the latter, but hopefully we've learnt that Arsenal are too fucking good to be playing hoofball against. If you keep giving it back to them, then they will keep coming at you and they will score.

We have a terrible away record, but an ok home one. Certainly better than our records against the other 3 sky 4.

Since Moyes has been with us, we've beaten Arsenal in 2-1 in 02-03 (Rooney's goal), drew 1-1 in 03-04, won 1-0 in 05-06 and again in 06-07 and drew 1-1 last year.

Our problem has been that when they've beaten us at GP, they've stuffed us. 1-4 in 04-05, 1-4 in 07-08 and 1-6 this year.

January 06, 2010, 08:11:40 PM
Reply #40

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Under Moyes? Yes. We have suffered our worst two defeats against the gunners (7-0 and 6-1).

That's 2 matches out of the 15/16 times (I think) we would have played them, hardly the majority.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 06, 2010, 09:43:55 PM
Reply #41

Endless, Nameless

That's 2 matches out of the 15/16 times (I think) we would have played them, hardly the majority.

The majority of games are still won by arsenal though. The vast majority.

January 06, 2010, 09:46:10 PM
Reply #42

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The majority of games are still won by arsenal though. The vast majority.

But not on the same level as 6 or 7- 1.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 06, 2010, 09:53:14 PM
Reply #43

Endless, Nameless

But not on the same level as 6 or 7- 1.

I never said that, but I remember lots of games were they beat us by 2 or 3 goals.

January 06, 2010, 10:23:54 PM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Also, we are the team Man Utd have scored the most against too.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney