November 23, 2017, 04:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Arsenal  (Read 36372 times)

January 06, 2010, 10:25:08 PM
Reply #45

Endless, Nameless

Also, we are the team Man Utd have scored the most against too.

Good stuff.

Are there any teams that we're really good against?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 06, 2010, 10:26:14 PM
Reply #46

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

Good stuff.

West Ham perhaps?

January 06, 2010, 10:31:40 PM
Reply #47

chang

Guess we expect the worst, but Hull won there last year, Leeds beat Man U, so stranger things have happened.

My first ever  Everton match was V the Arsenal, 1970, we lost 4 - 0 so had a unreasonable dislike of them ever since.

January 06, 2010, 10:33:21 PM
Reply #48

chang

Had our moments against Southampton over the years.  :woohoo:

January 06, 2010, 10:38:03 PM
Reply #49

Endless, Nameless

West Ham perhaps?

I remember a few seasons ago when we won twice at their ground... in one week!
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 06, 2010, 10:40:03 PM
Reply #50

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

I remember a few seasons ago when we won twice at their ground... in one week!

We won last season twice to and the season before as you said.

January 06, 2010, 11:26:34 PM
Reply #51

blue for you

think we will win 2-1 fellaini and vaughan

January 06, 2010, 11:32:55 PM
Reply #52

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
would have preferred them to have played tonight!! Just hope our game is ok to be played. It should go ahead as there isnt anymore planned heavy snow until Saturday down here

January 07, 2010, 07:00:31 AM
Reply #53

Mahoney

where the hell have you got that from .... only player with fewer cards is the big man   and he still gets more booking than he deserves  .. last year we where in top 3 with fewest card  this year we are midtable ..

http://soccernet.ESPN.go.com/stats/fairplay?league=ENG.1&year=2008&cc=5739

and we have even got 2 red cards in europe  :headbang:

The stats don't lie...fair enough (apologies).

I just feel as though we haven't been as tough in the games this season and have let teams walk over us too easily. I suppose what I was trying to say was, I would like to see the Everton of last season where we didn't allow the opposition get under our skin.

Anyway...with all this inclement weather, when do the FA make a decision on whether the game will go ahead or not?
It's getting pretty serious.

January 07, 2010, 08:19:03 AM
Reply #54

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

I just feel as though we haven't been as tough in the games this season and have let teams walk over us too easily. I suppose what I was trying to say was, I would like to see the Everton of last season where we didn't allow the opposition get under our skin.

Anyway...with all this inclement weather, when do the FA make a decision on whether the game will go ahead or not?

I'd imagine on Saturday.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 07, 2010, 11:29:20 AM
Reply #55

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Anyway...with all this inclement weather, when do the FA make a decision on whether the game will go ahead or n[/b]ot?
bloody weather .... coming over from denmark have booked plane hotel and got tickets for the game (and west ham versus wolves (going with my son and brother and his son (a gooner and a wolves fan)  my son and I blue of course) ...  airport have been closed here as well ...  lets hope the match is on and we nick a scoreless draw

January 07, 2010, 05:45:56 PM
Reply #56

Thom

Administrator
-------------------Howard------------
Neville---Neil----Heitinga---Baines
Donovan--Fellaini--Osman----Pienaar
------------------Cahill------------
----------------Saha-------------

Bench: Nash, Coleman, Duffy, Billy, Baxter, Agard, Vaughan

3-1 Arsenal. Saha to open the scoring for us, thereby angering Arsenal who put three past us in the second half.

January 07, 2010, 08:24:29 PM
Reply #57

Abraders

-------------------Howard------------
Neville---Neil----Heitinga---Baines
Donovan--Fellaini--Osman----Pienaar
------------------Cahill------------
----------------Saha-------------

Bench: Nash, Coleman, Duffy, Billy, Baxter, Agard, Vaughan

3-1 Arsenal. Saha to open the scoring for us, thereby angering Arsenal who put three past us in the second half.
Well somebody's positive.

January 07, 2010, 09:37:16 PM
Reply #58

Fellainis Hairdresser

1-1, playing well atm i feel so could scrape a well earned point after brilliant defensive rearguard!!
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

January 07, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
Reply #59

IA

For anyone based in the East Midlands, I have one return train ticket from Nottingham to St. Pancras. I was supposed to go down for something else, but now that's not happening. Leaving Nottingham around 11.30am and back leaving London around 9.15pm. I'd really appreciate being able to get back some of my costs for them, and I can promise you they'll be cheaper than anything you can get now. If you are interested, please email me at blackandwhite2damax@gmail.com (don't ask about the email address  :D)