November 21, 2017, 10:43:56 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Arsenal  (Read 36340 times)

January 08, 2010, 04:44:29 AM
Reply #60

Toffee_for_life

1-0 to the Arse at half time, Gallas header form a corner.

Then 2-1 final score to the blues with two from Vaughan to start his march to the world cup squad............ or 3-0 to Arsenal if my common sense takes over.

Although I do have a tenner on Arsenal at half time and us at full at 66-1  lol

January 08, 2010, 06:30:48 AM
Reply #61

mo200375

Does Anyone know if Fabregas will be fit yet?

January 08, 2010, 02:06:03 PM
Reply #62

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Does Anyone know if Fabregas will be fit yet?
Fabregas out according to their OS
Rosicky & Denilson are back

January 08, 2010, 07:40:08 PM
Reply #63

Endless, Nameless

Our prem league record against them is:

P   W   D   L
Home   18   4   6   8
Away   17   1   2   14
Total    35   5    8   22

I was waiting for it to come up on the OS, so I didn't have to research   ;)
Not good reading, anyway.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 08, 2010, 07:50:19 PM
Reply #64

kunal32

3-0 to Arsenal.

Arshavin, Eduardo and Ramsey the scorer's

January 09, 2010, 12:31:02 AM
Reply #65

Derek

We've scared them a bit down the Emirates the past few games.

Optimistic about a Blue win!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 09, 2010, 12:53:03 AM
Reply #66

.Rimbo.

-------------------Howard------------
Neville---Neil----Heitinga---Baines
Donovan--Fellaini--Osman----Pienaar
------------------Cahill------------
----------------Saha-------------

Bench: Nash, Coleman, Duffy, Billy, Baxter, Agard, Vaughan

3-1 Arsenal. Saha to open the scoring for us, thereby angering Arsenal who put three past us in the second half.

Your prediction is the exact same as the match last year, isn't it? I don't know, I'm not optimistic about this one at all. It's usually a fixture that's a write-off for me and given the form that they're in, I'd rape any one of your mothers for a draw.

The thing is, though, Song and Cesc could be out which sort of facilitates our task and I think a massive factor is the Belgian microphone. Fellaini NEEDS to have a good game (I suppose you could say they all do) but he'll be pivotal in dispossessing them and giving it simple etc. which is what he's good at, winning the ball back. This could be the game that makes him; he's been playing much better lately and even though I'm not comparing him to the Jag in any way, Jagielka truly forged his name against the shite at Anfield last season.

Howard

Neville Neill Heitinga Baines

Diniyar Fellaini Osman Pienaar

Cahill

Vaughan

Hard game to predict. I'll go for Moyes' typical negativity and a 2-1 defeat.

At a push, I may say 1-1 though. Depends on if I've got my optimistic/realistic head on.

Squad (from the OS): Howard, Nash, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Donovan, Vaughan, Cahill, Neville, Pienaar, Osman, Neill, Fellaini, Coleman, Duffy, Agard, Baxter, Akpan, Mustafi.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:59:33 AM by .Rimbo. »

January 09, 2010, 04:45:34 AM
Reply #67

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

The thing is, though, Song and Cesc could be out which sort of facilitates our task and I think a massive factor is the Belgian microphone. Fellaini NEEDS to have a good game (I suppose you could say they all do) but he'll be pivotal in dispossessing them and giving it simple etc. which is what he's good at, winning the ball back. This could be the game that makes him; he's been playing much better lately and even though I'm not comparing him to the Jag in any way, Jagielka truly forged his name against the shite at Anfield last season.

While obviously agreeing that he needs to have a good game if we're to have a chance, Jags was playing in a team that was also playing well. We're currently only dragging ourselves anywhere near a decent level so for Fellaini to come out with similar a similar performance in terms of getting a result, it will take something very special indeed.

January 09, 2010, 04:52:41 AM
Reply #68

.Rimbo.

While obviously agreeing that he needs to have a good game if we're to have a chance, Jags was playing in a team that was also playing well. We're currently only dragging ourselves anywhere near a decent level so for Fellaini to come out with similar a similar performance in terms of getting a result, it will take something very special indeed.

That's why I was scared to mention it. Maybe not a performance to the same level as Jagielka's, but what I mean is a performance which truly wins the fans over. Jagielka eradicated any doubt with that performance at the Tin Mine. It's a good chance for Felli' to step up here.

He's a £15 million player and so it's in games like this, when Arteta and Jags etc. are out, that we need him to stand up.

January 09, 2010, 02:41:13 PM
Reply #69

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
apparently the authorities are meeting now to discuss wether the game goes ahead or not! Arsenal are currently trying to use fire burners to get rid of some of the ice and grit is also to be put down

January 09, 2010, 03:56:01 PM
Reply #70

Derek

Looks like the game is on, then.

Hopefully now we'll get all the TV money. :)
Clarion Call.

January 09, 2010, 05:12:53 PM
Reply #71

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Should get a decent stream.

Fuck this snow though, it's totally shit.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 09, 2010, 07:17:07 PM
Reply #72

Ong-Timus Prime

This better be on... I turned down free cinema tickets to stay in & watch this one!
if you know yer history...

January 09, 2010, 07:22:59 PM
Reply #73

Derek

Aye, it's on. They confirmed yesterday.

There was no pitch inspection scheduled today at all. Also heard that Le Arse were out since Thursday blow-torching and salting the approach roads to the stadium.

Real test of the BBC live feed today - if they can't keep constant updates for ONE 3pm kick-off then I'm complaining!
Clarion Call.

January 09, 2010, 07:30:14 PM
Reply #74

kevmike2

i reckon a nervy as f**k, hanging on for ages, rear guard fortress of a 1-1 draw.........then wenger crying his arse of because we kicked his lickle boys a bit!!
the difference between being ordinary and extraordinary is that little bit extra....