November 13, 2018, 10:18:13 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 21183 times)

January 03, 2017, 12:19:28 AM
Reply #540

TheTone

I feel a bit sorry for Southampton supporters, they have sold some boss      players and lost two very good managers over recent years, we'd all be fuming if the same thing happened to us

January 03, 2017, 12:22:04 AM
Reply #541

Tinga

I feel a bit sorry for Southampton supporters, they have sold some boss      players and lost two very good managers over recent years, we'd all be fuming if the same thing happened to us

I dunno man, Moyes and Martinez were pretty boss.

January 03, 2017, 12:27:41 AM
Reply #542

chang

Couple of interesting stats from the BBC

Leighton Baines became the third defender to score 30 Premier League goals after John Terry (40) and David Unsworth (38).

Ronald Koeman became the first manager to field two teenagers in a Premier League game (Calvert-Lewin, 19 and Davies, 18) since Louis van Gaal for Manchester United against Bournemouth in May (Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Marcus Rashford).

January 03, 2017, 12:31:18 AM
Reply #543

Danny

Couple of interesting stats from the BBC

Leighton Baines became the third defender to score 30 Premier League goals after John Terry (40) and David Unsworth (38).

Ronald Koeman became the first manager to field two teenagers in a Premier League game (Calvert-Lewin, 19 and Davies, 18) since Louis van Gaal for Manchester United against Bournemouth in May (Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Marcus Rashford).

That stat is awful, shows the way the league is headed when kids can't even get a game at the weaker clubs.

January 03, 2017, 12:46:04 AM
Reply #544

Cuttyblue

Awful for the first 60 minutes. Just about everybody stank. Then for the last 30 minutes just about everybody showed something.

Could have been 2-0 down and not complained.

Is this a crowd thing?

Nah, we weren't awful the first 60 though we certainly were no better than Soton.  The difference was that we were offering some goal threat going forward and it paid off later on as their defence tired.

January 03, 2017, 12:48:40 AM
Reply #545

Cuttyblue

We should really give Robles a shout for two really smart saves as well.

Really nice positioning for those. First half he was doing those odd things that Robles does that just scream "dodgy" but can't deny he earned his clean sheet the 2nd half.

January 03, 2017, 01:04:50 AM
Reply #546

Paddockoldie

The improved movement in the 2nd half made the difference as it gave Ross more impetus and he looked hungrier to get involved.. Davies deffo adds to his game too imo. Good result all round.

January 03, 2017, 01:12:07 AM
Reply #547

KoemansNumberTens

Love Davies movement. He's always on for another pass. Makes long looping runs round the player he's given it to. Goes 10 yards for a 3 or 4 yard pass to lose his marker.

January 03, 2017, 01:34:48 AM
Reply #548

Lxxx

Love Davies movement. He's always on for another pass. Makes long looping runs round the player he's given it to. Goes 10 yards for a 3 or 4 yard pass to lose his marker.

Who'd have thought pass and move would be such a novelty.

January 03, 2017, 01:53:11 AM
Reply #549

burkey17

Just got back from the game. I read all your comments. Some very good posters on here and a well run site. I only post occasionally so I know I am not part of the 'Group'
Anyway after reading the meltdown after  Hull I would say that we are definitely a work in progress. Give it time?!
When I go the game I just want to see us going forward both as a Club and a team.
Hopefully we will improve as a unit- Barkley, Valencia?! and Davies showed that today. We're not the finished article by any means but give the Manager time and most importantly Keep the Faith! Happy New Year!

January 03, 2017, 02:01:15 AM
Reply #550

charlatan

If he did hear it that bloke needs to be getting a clout round the head down County Road on his way to the ale house.

What did he say?

January 03, 2017, 02:14:53 AM
Reply #551

Gash

Global Moderator
I only post occasionally so I know I am not part of the 'Group'

It's clique, 'not part of the clique'. ;)

January 03, 2017, 02:17:13 AM
Reply #552

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

January 03, 2017, 02:17:50 AM
Reply #553

Echoance

It's clique, 'not part of the clique'. ;)

And you'd know that, if you were part of the group.

January 03, 2017, 02:18:16 AM
Reply #554

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Just got back from the game. I read all your comments. Some very good posters on here and a well run site. I only post occasionally so I know I am not part of the 'Group'
Anyway after reading the meltdown after  Hull I would say that we are definitely a work in progress. Give it time?!
When I go the game I just want to see us going forward both as a Club and a team.
Hopefully we will improve as a unit- Barkley, Valencia?! and Davies showed that today. We're not the finished article by any means but give the Manager time and most importantly Keep the Faith! Happy New Year!

Post more become...

One of us, one of us.

(Sinister laugh)