November 24, 2017, 07:56:59 AM

Author Topic: Beckford  (Read 5759 times)

August 05, 2010, 04:16:19 AM
Reply #15

blueski

lets not get ahead of ourselves, he put in a nice showing for himself and one that will give him a fair shout of seeing solid minutes in the league
Nil Satis

deCoubertin

August 05, 2010, 04:18:30 AM
Reply #16

cantoffee

I still doubt he'll get much, if any more than 10. But he has been impressive so far, just don't want to get to ahead of ourselves, and there is no way he'll be the top scorer in the league.

August 05, 2010, 04:22:40 AM
Reply #17

deanoefc

I would say beckford is 99% certain to start against blackburn unless he gets an injurie . Beckford has been most eager/hungry  out of the forwards in pre season and his pace will scare the blackburn defence . IMO i thinks guaye is also guarenteed to start after an impresive pre season , i think the team for blackburn will be
-------------------------------Howard--------------
----------heitinga---jagielka-----distin----baines
------guaye-fellani-arteta-cahill-pineaar----
----------------beckford---------------
bench:Mucha,yobo,coleman,billy,nevile,rodwell,anichebe,saha

August 05, 2010, 04:25:25 AM
Reply #18

blueski

think Jo would have looked a world beater tonight aswell. although side note he has had a good preseason at Citeh from what i've seen
Nil Satis

August 05, 2010, 04:26:16 AM
Reply #19

Running Blue

I would say beckford is 99% certain to start against blackburn unless he gets an injurie . Beckford has been most eager/hungry  out of the forwards in pre season and his pace will scare the blackburn defence . IMO i thinks guaye is also guarenteed to start after an impresive pre season , i think the team for blackburn will be

I can't see Heitinga starting at RB ahead of Coleman.  Neville on the bench would also surprise me.

August 05, 2010, 04:30:50 AM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

think Jo would have looked a world beater tonight aswell. although side note he has had a good preseason at Citeh from what i've seen

It's not just tonight though, Beckford has impressed in all the games he's played in.

And Jo is a good player, save the attitude/temperament.

August 05, 2010, 04:46:20 AM
Reply #21

Major Clanger

I still doubt he'll get much, if any more than 10. But he has been impressive so far, just don't want to get to ahead of ourselves, and there is no way he'll be the top scorer in the league.

Well, what a crap business we've made then, haven't we? Signed on a free and he isn't even going to be the top scorer in this shitty league. Moyes out!

:)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

August 05, 2010, 04:48:44 AM
Reply #22

cantoffee

Well, what a crap business we've made then, haven't we? Signed on a free and he isn't even going to be the top scorer in this shitty league. Moyes out!

:)

You read my mind Bizi

August 05, 2010, 04:48:49 AM
Reply #23

Murf666

I was impressed with what I saw tonight.  Albeit against relatively poor opposition.  He took his goal well against Preston too. 

I was sceptical about him being able to make the step up of two whole divisions, but I'm really interested to see how he fares in the Premier League now.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

August 05, 2010, 04:48:55 AM
Reply #24

Alex6691

Heitinga plays much better in centre back or defensive mid, i wouldn't have him RB.

August 05, 2010, 04:49:19 AM
Reply #25

Major Clanger

It's not just tonight though, Beckford has impressed in all the games he's played in.

And Jo is a good player, save the attitude/temperament.

Not only impressed, but impressed in things that are more or less independent of the opposition: he knows where the channels are and how to work them and he knows where the goal is. He's got a blistering turn of pace and enough strength to cope.

The only question is if we will be able to thread the ball through to him enough against better opposition, but that only depends on how good our midfield is.

August 05, 2010, 04:54:45 AM
Reply #26

AidyEFC9

Whats impressed me about him his is movement and ability to get in the right areas in the box to get on the end of things and his link up play, although at times his 1st touch wasn't the best but generally he was good.

He's different to what we already have in that he loves to play on the shoulder and peel off in behind and our midfield always seemed to have the option of a forward pass instead of going side ways and slowing the momentum down due to his clever runs. He'll definitely get goals for us but how much i wouldn't like to say cos it could only be 5 or it could be 15?!.

August 05, 2010, 05:10:44 AM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

Not only impressed, but impressed in things that are more or less independent of the opposition: he knows where the channels are and how to work them and he knows where the goal is. He's got a blistering turn of pace and enough strength to cope.

The only question is if we will be able to thread the ball through to him enough against better opposition, but that only depends on how good our midfield is.

His pace has surprised me. As quick as AJ I reckon. Let's just hope he's better in front of goal!

August 05, 2010, 05:15:05 AM
Reply #28

Saved by the Fell

I have to say I wasn't keen on us signing him and was dead against it having seen the lazy sod for Leeds a few times, but I'm certainly prepared to eat my words. Been tonight and to Preston and can't believe how sharp he's looking. He was the player I was most looking forward to seeing play tonight to see if Preston was just a flash in the pan. He's going to be a valuable squad member. Had a cheeky fiver each way at 80/1 on him being top scorer!!

August 05, 2010, 05:25:01 AM
Reply #29

Major Clanger

I have to say I wasn't keen on us signing him and was dead against it having seen the lazy sod for Leeds a few times, but I'm certainly prepared to eat my words. Been tonight and to Preston and can't believe how sharp he's looking. He was the player I was most looking forward to seeing play tonight to see if Preston was just a flash in the pan. He's going to be a valuable squad member. Had a cheeky fiver each way at 80/1 on him being top scorer!!

I work with quite a few Leeds supporters and the general consensus was that his lazyness probably came from frustration at the lack of quality in midfield. If you know they haven't got the ability to put you through, you stop making runs after a while.