November 23, 2017, 08:03:36 AM

Author Topic: Beckford  (Read 5757 times)

August 05, 2010, 05:28:07 AM
Reply #30

Weasel

I was really impressed with Beckford tonight, he was looking sharp. Can't say I was overjoyed when he signed for us, but lets hope I'm proved wrong.

deCoubertin

August 05, 2010, 05:35:32 AM
Reply #31

Murf666

His pace has surprised me. As quick as AJ I reckon. Let's just hope he's better in front of goal!

I thought AJ was quite good in front of goal.  His problem was that he was normally collecting the ball by the corner flag or getting brought down before he could get into the 18 yard box.

He was very sharp over a few yards and knew were the net was.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

August 05, 2010, 05:46:39 AM
Reply #32

blueski

I work with quite a few Leeds supporters and the general consensus was that his lazyness probably came from frustration at the lack of quality in midfield. If you know they haven't got the ability to put you through, you stop making runs after a while.
One thing Moyes is expert at is getting workrate out of his players, so from that front, he's the perfect manager for Beckford
Nil Satis

August 05, 2010, 05:55:43 AM
Reply #33

MexicanToffee

I too was impressed by Beckford again. If he's the real deal then this is going to be one hell of an interesting season.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

August 05, 2010, 05:58:17 AM
Reply #34

Saved by the Fell

I work with quite a few Leeds supporters and the general consensus was that his lazyness probably came from frustration at the lack of quality in midfield. If you know they haven't got the ability to put you through, you stop making runs after a while.

I totally agree with you. Was obviously lacking motivation to play at Leeds. If you're not motivated for to play for a top side like us then something's seriously wrong so his move can only benefit us. He'll be secretly thinking of an England cap now. Bet he didn't see that 12 months ago.

(I'd just like to state that I'm not saying he'll play for England - but to be fair he'd probably do better than most of the shite from the summer!!)

August 05, 2010, 06:00:50 AM
Reply #35

SKay3

He was lively but missed alot of chances, it's ok when you're playing Colchester at home, but against a team in the premiership you won't get that many chances. He looks promising though.

August 05, 2010, 06:44:52 AM
Reply #36

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
He was lively but missed alot of chances, it's ok when you're playing Colchester at home, but against a team in the premiership you won't get that many chances. He looks promising though.

Not as good as the chances Cahill missed.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

August 05, 2010, 10:25:48 AM
Reply #37

Rick@OZ

has any one got video hihglights they can post?
EVERTON THE PEOPLES CLUB

August 05, 2010, 10:29:53 AM
Reply #38

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 05, 2010, 11:25:12 AM
Reply #39

Rick@OZ

Thanks blarigans. What a couple of well taken goals and the assists were also good. Fellaini is going to be a real handfull this season in and around the box with his height and physical presence (remind you of any one)
EVERTON THE PEOPLES CLUB

August 05, 2010, 02:38:11 PM
Reply #40

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Would agree that Beckford missed a fair few chances but he kept going and going and I liked that.  He made some clever runs and has more to his game than I thought.

August 05, 2010, 02:40:10 PM
Reply #41

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
i was quietly impressed. His movement and workrate were impressive. Some of his link up play weren all that but he is an out ball somet we dont have. I still dont think he is ready or will start at blackburn tho. As lively as he looks he could start the season as a great impact sub

Simply simply lovely

August 05, 2010, 04:43:31 PM
Reply #42

Bigjmill

I would be starting him against Blackburn ! if it was Man Utd or Chelsea I may have thought twice but I think its a perfect game to start him in.
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

August 05, 2010, 05:03:00 PM
Reply #43

blue for you

i said before when we first got him he could be the best transfer of the season
hoe he goes on now to do it.

August 05, 2010, 05:12:56 PM
Reply #44

C-R-A-I-G

Ive only seen the goals and the last 10 minutes. He looked sharpe but he missed a few chances he should have really been putting away. Still I think he could be a good signing as an impact sub because of his pace.