November 23, 2017, 12:27:35 AM

Author Topic: TruBlue's post in the Loic Remy thread  (Read 4025 times)

August 10, 2010, 06:29:37 AM
Reply #15

Endless, Nameless

Even if we could afford him, why would he come here? He was the top scorer in Europe last season, he's playing for Ajax in the champions league. Quite frankly, we're not big enough these days to attract that kind of player.

EDIT: Talking about Suarez here.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:53:10 AM by Endless, Nameless »
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

deCoubertin

August 10, 2010, 06:30:22 AM
Reply #16

Sharky

Is this the same fella who went round stokes training ground the other day?

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

August 10, 2010, 06:31:41 AM
Reply #17

Big Al

When's the sky money due could this have something to do with our sudden supposed interest in expensive players ?
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

August 10, 2010, 06:31:59 AM
Reply #18

123_efc

Well Stoke have been linked with him. As have Sunderland, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool and Arsenal in the past.
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

August 10, 2010, 06:31:59 AM
Reply #19

Connavar

If Yakubu goes, up front becomes the most important position to recruit for. I'd love Landon as much as anyone, but he's not worth £10m+ and we can't go thru the season with an ageing and injury prone Saha, a untried gamble in Beckford another injury prone player in Vaughan and an extremely poor Anichebe. For a team that is expecting special things this season, that's too much of a gamble for me!

August 10, 2010, 06:33:41 AM
Reply #20

Endless, Nameless

I couldn't think of a worse fit for him than Stoke.

Fucking Stoke.

August 10, 2010, 06:33:53 AM
Reply #21

Trublue

I'd love Landon too but  Moyes won't spend over the odds if he has no chance of getting it back. Maybe Moyes thinks this gut is better? I don't know if this is true, but nice to be linked. Be nice if true.

August 10, 2010, 06:34:46 AM
Reply #22

Sharky

Dunno cal, if he wants premier league football, gaurrented first team and probabbly a better wage.

But then they have champions league. I just thought id see what the valuation was if were talking about adding to the potential yakubu money.

August 10, 2010, 06:36:18 AM
Reply #23

Danny

I couldn't think of a worse fit for him than Stoke.

Fucking Stoke.

A Stoke ITK was made to look pretty stupid the other day by as good as announcing that they had signed him, seemed at the time that Stoke thought they had him when he made the flight over and was only after that his agent announced that it was just a flying visit and no contract would be signed.

August 10, 2010, 06:40:57 AM
Reply #24

Endless, Nameless

Dunno cal, if he wants premier league football, gaurrented first team and probabbly a better wage.

But then they have champions league. I just thought id see what the valuation was if were talking about adding to the potential yakubu money.

I think he'd have first team football here. I'm under the impression he can play on the right wing? Well we have no first choice player there.

And we don't spend that kind of money on a player to leave him on the bench anyway.

Plus, having the likes of Arteta and Fellaini feeding you passes must be a lot more attractive than what? Dean Whitehead?

EDIT: 6666 posts. As a fan of numerical symmetry, I'm going to keep it that way.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:53:19 AM by Endless, Nameless »

August 10, 2010, 06:45:24 AM
Reply #25

Sharky

August 10, 2010, 06:47:42 AM
Reply #26

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think people are talking about the wrong player here.

August 10, 2010, 06:49:25 AM
Reply #27

Mahoney

Even if we could afford him, why would he come here? He was the top scorer in Europe last season, he's playing for Ajax in the champions league. Quite frankly, we're not big enough these days to attract that kind of player.

I think he's at Nice mate?
It's getting pretty serious.

August 10, 2010, 06:49:29 AM
Reply #28

Sharky

August 10, 2010, 06:50:49 AM
Reply #29

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Ignore, edits all round  lolol