November 21, 2017, 08:00:48 PM

Author Topic: the yak  (Read 4279 times)

August 15, 2010, 01:00:55 AM
Read 4279 times

5yeararteta

why wasnt the yak on the bench???or was he???sorry if this has been mentioned in any of the other posts

deCoubertin

August 15, 2010, 02:47:22 PM
Reply #1

Rick@OZ

saveing him for west ham, They wont buy him if he gets injured ;D
EVERTON THE PEOPLES CLUB

August 15, 2010, 10:18:39 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What worries me is if he is off, who is going to get the goals? Saha is very unreliable now, and Beckford is still unproven.

Hope Moyes has something up his sleeve if Yak does go.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 15, 2010, 10:19:40 PM
Reply #3

evertonjoe

What worries me is if he is off, who is going to get the goals? Saha is very unreliable now, and Beckford is still unproven.

You would assume he'd have to as we would be woefully short of proven strikers with him gone.

R.A.P Music

August 15, 2010, 10:38:58 PM
Reply #4

Bacarelle

You would assume he'd have to as we would be woefully short of proven strikers with him gone.

Agreed. Saha is very unreliable and for some reason doesn't seem committed even though he presumably is fit for the first time for a long time.
Beckford may be the next big thing, but should that be our only option - puts a lot of pressure on him.
Vaughan is the forgotten man.
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

August 15, 2010, 10:48:32 PM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Moyes will definitely replace Yakubu if he is sold.

August 15, 2010, 10:50:09 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hope so Rimbo.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 15, 2010, 10:55:02 PM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

I hope so Rimbo.

There's no way he'd sell him and then not bring someone in.

Whether or not that replacement will actually fill his void is another thing, but he'll definitely sign someone.

August 15, 2010, 11:04:27 PM
Reply #8

kunal32

There is no guarantee with Saha's fitness problems as to how many games he'll start this season. I think Beckford will come of the bench. Need to keep the Yak otherwise a direct replacement for him is a must!

August 16, 2010, 04:35:47 PM
Reply #9

charlatan

Saha has turned into Kevin Campbell MkII since he got his new contract

August 16, 2010, 05:32:05 PM
Reply #10

Krissy

cos he broke it when he sat on it....

August 16, 2010, 06:03:00 PM
Reply #11

stevo from formby

Maybe because he's now an overweight useless lump !!!!

August 16, 2010, 07:44:31 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's clearly short of fitness at the moment.

Hopefully he gets it back quickly as Saha is far too inconsistent to rely on for a whole season.

August 16, 2010, 08:35:31 PM
Reply #13

5yeararteta

the yak defiantly isnít fit  - I watched him after the last pre season game do fitness after the game with gueye - he was nearly dead the fitness coach and gueye was a pitch ahead of him. rather that or he was just being his normal lazy self.

August 16, 2010, 08:38:51 PM
Reply #14

Awesome_soccer

Has he picked up another injury then?  Why is he not fit?  I think players should be docked wages if they turn up for pre-season totally out of shape.  There's no excuse for being overweight when you're paid as much as the Yak is.