November 24, 2017, 08:42:29 PM

Author Topic: the yak  (Read 4283 times)

August 16, 2010, 08:39:35 PM
Reply #15

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
the yak defiantly isn’t fit  - I watched him after the last pre season game do fitness after the game with gueye - he was nearly dead the fitness coach and gueye was a pitch ahead of him. rather that or he was just being his normal lazy self.

Against Chile?  Yeah he looked fucked. 

deCoubertin

August 16, 2010, 08:41:11 PM
Reply #16

5yeararteta

yhe thats the one, he only played part of the match as well so thought he would have been in better shape

August 16, 2010, 08:55:40 PM
Reply #17

AidyEFC9

Against Wolfsburg don't ya mean, i don't think he was involved against Everton Chile was he?.

Yak came back to pre season with an injury i think, don't know what like but that's why he only got some min's versus Wolfsburg and he was no way fit for Blackburn, not even to make the bench.

But i have a feeling that if we got the right offer for Yak, Moyes would take it and look to replace him but there's only West Ham who are interested in him and there offering nowhere near what were after for him so it looks like Yak will be staying.

August 17, 2010, 06:05:02 PM
Reply #18

ToxtethBlue

He actually did a decent job in the time he was on the pitch against Wolfsburg, made one excellent pass to Baines from right to left and held the ball up when he had too. Difficult to judge his fitness on that, and in terms of his build, he looks exactly the same as he always has done.
ToxtethBlue

August 17, 2010, 06:11:36 PM
Reply #19

Tony Clifton

He actually did a decent job in the time he was on the pitch against Wolfsburg, made one excellent pass to Baines from right to left and held the ball up when he had too. Difficult to judge his fitness on that, and in terms of his build, he looks exactly the same as he always has done.

From what I've seen of him recently, I'd say he's a little heavier than I've ever seen him.  Shame, as he looked in great shape for a little while last summer, shed a shitload of weight, but soon put it back on, and now some more.

August 17, 2010, 06:19:28 PM
Reply #20

ToxtethBlue

People always say that, I don't see it personally, he's always been built like a bodybuilder, but he's far from fat. He might not be at peak fitness, and I can see why Moyes didn't use him against Blackburn, but I don't agree with the criticisms about his weight, never have done really.

ToxtethBlue

August 17, 2010, 07:46:03 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
People always say that, I don't see it personally, he's always been built like a bodybuilder, but he's far from fat. He might not be at peak fitness, and I can see why Moyes didn't use him against Blackburn, but I don't agree with the criticisms about his weight, never have done really.

I don't think he's fat, but I can see how he'd lose his levels of fitness easily given his build.

August 17, 2010, 07:59:38 PM
Reply #22

ToxtethBlue

Agreed, I can understand why Moyes didn't use him.
ToxtethBlue

August 17, 2010, 08:01:37 PM
Reply #23

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
If he isn't fat then someone with muscles like that should be able to stay on their feet far more than he does.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

August 17, 2010, 08:11:47 PM
Reply #24

bloody scally

He dives you nutter.

August 17, 2010, 08:13:00 PM
Reply #25

Tellittoyourking

If he isn't fat then someone with muscles like that should be able to stay on their feet far more than he does.

Being muscular doesn't help you stay on your feet. At pace, it is a hindrance if anything.

Balance and having a low centre of gravity help you stay on your feet.

August 17, 2010, 08:58:16 PM
Reply #26

ToxtethBlue

Do you seriously believe Yakubu is fat?

And people say that about every big centre forward, Didier Drogba is considered by many to be the best target man around, yet he gets accused of falling over easily. So does Anichebe, Yakubu, Heskey, Torres etc. It's quite a common theme really, you have to take into account that they are all going up against players who are usually bigger and as physically strong as they are.

ToxtethBlue

August 17, 2010, 09:12:17 PM
Reply #27

dekko

He is not fat, he is just old.
Cmon 27, really!?

August 17, 2010, 11:20:16 PM
Reply #28

Ong-Timus Prime

27... give or take a decade
if you know yer history...

August 18, 2010, 01:37:21 AM