November 21, 2017, 01:29:15 AM

Author Topic: the yak  (Read 4278 times)

August 18, 2010, 08:12:12 AM
Reply #30

Father Mcnulty

A bit of luck changes everything, but I don't think either Saha or Yakubu are the future. Both players have 2 years left on their contract, and I doubt either will still be around by then.
I'd give Beckford the start, and stick with him until he finds his feet. He is the striker in form, regardless of what division he played in. If a good offer comes in for either Yakubu or Saha, I'd take it. Moyes tends to play with one striker, and we have plenty of options now.

deCoubertin

August 18, 2010, 07:03:56 PM
Reply #31

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A bit of luck changes everything, but I don't think either Saha or Yakubu are the future. Both players have 2 years left on their contract, and I doubt either will still be around by then.
I'd give Beckford the start, and stick with him until he finds his feet. He is the striker in form, regardless of what division he played in. If a good offer comes in for either Yakubu or Saha, I'd take it. Moyes tends to play with one striker, and we have plenty of options now.

We don't really have plenty of options up front do we?

Actual experienced players - 2
Unproven lower league players - 1
Injury prone youngster - 1
Now actually a winger as he's struggled up front - 1

If we sold one of the experienced players we'd be looking pretty thin in reality.