October 22, 2018, 07:12:23 AM

Author Topic: the yak  (Read 4422 times)

August 16, 2010, 07:44:31 PM
Read 4422 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's clearly short of fitness at the moment.

Hopefully he gets it back quickly as Saha is far too inconsistent to rely on for a whole season.

August 17, 2010, 07:46:03 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
People always say that, I don't see it personally, he's always been built like a bodybuilder, but he's far from fat. He might not be at peak fitness, and I can see why Moyes didn't use him against Blackburn, but I don't agree with the criticisms about his weight, never have done really.

I don't think he's fat, but I can see how he'd lose his levels of fitness easily given his build.

August 18, 2010, 07:03:56 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A bit of luck changes everything, but I don't think either Saha or Yakubu are the future. Both players have 2 years left on their contract, and I doubt either will still be around by then.
I'd give Beckford the start, and stick with him until he finds his feet. He is the striker in form, regardless of what division he played in. If a good offer comes in for either Yakubu or Saha, I'd take it. Moyes tends to play with one striker, and we have plenty of options now.

We don't really have plenty of options up front do we?

Actual experienced players - 2
Unproven lower league players - 1
Injury prone youngster - 1
Now actually a winger as he's struggled up front - 1

If we sold one of the experienced players we'd be looking pretty thin in reality.