November 18, 2017, 12:30:19 PM

Author Topic: Pienaar vs. Blackburn  (Read 2638 times)

August 16, 2010, 01:50:35 AM
Read 2638 times

.Rimbo.

How was he? Heard off a few people he was absolute fucking dirge and stunk the place out.

deCoubertin

August 16, 2010, 01:56:36 AM
Reply #1

nomorechang

RIP
How was he? Heard off a few people he was absolute fucking dirge and stunk the place out.

Wrong ... nobody played well , SP included but he put himself about a bit and was the victim of a few bad tackles which he never shyed away from .. but he wasn't at his best
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

August 16, 2010, 02:05:12 AM
Reply #2

Midfield General

agree with nomorechang far from his best performance but certainly not the worst player on the pitch

August 16, 2010, 02:06:31 AM
Reply #3

Youngy09

Too many times the midfield was missed out Rimbo to be honest. The midfield as a whole were poor. It was like the defence thought forget everything we've done pre-season, when we get it let's launch it, or in Neville's case let's do a delicate chip up to Louis and Cahill and let them try and win it against the Blackburn monsters at the back that all they can do is head a ball!

August 16, 2010, 02:06:51 AM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Behind Baines probably the best of a bad lot.  At least looked like he was trying.  Certainly wasn't lacking effort.

August 16, 2010, 02:20:08 AM
Reply #5

IUToffee

Thought Baines and Fellaini were the other ones who could come out of the game with their head high...

August 16, 2010, 02:26:17 AM
Reply #6

BootleBlueBoy

agree with nomorechang far from his best performance but certainly not the worst player on the pitch

i dont think we was far off, attacking wise neville and osman were awful but 9/10 our play down the left broke down because of pienaar's poor passing, he had a few below par games at the end of the season and in the world cup and struggled against wolfsburg. he looks tired, either that or his contract problems are effecting his form

August 16, 2010, 02:31:27 AM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
i dont think we was far off, attacking wise neville and osman were awful but 9/10 our play down the left broke down because of pienaar's poor passing, he had a few below par games at the end of the season and in the world cup and struggled against wolfsburg. he looks tired, either that or his contract problems are effecting his form

I don't see it.  I think people are looking for an excuse to say he isn't playing because of this.  He still seems the same hustling bustling player he always is to me.

August 16, 2010, 03:07:53 AM
Reply #8

Rhys

Not at all. He worked hard, was always looking for the ball but like the rest of them he looked rusty and lacked sharpness. His touch was off, his passing wasnt as clinical but i didnt see any lack of effort from him. I think it is a case of reading too much into it. He was no worse than Arteta for instance.

August 16, 2010, 03:10:44 AM
Reply #9

MmmBlueRamirez

According to this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

Pienaars passing was successful 42 out of 45 attempts.

which is interesting because I thought he was quite off the pace and poor TBH.

the best stat is that blackburn completed 63 while we completed 354.......................
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 16, 2010, 03:36:31 AM
Reply #10

ToxtethBlue

Similar to everyone in the team really, average. But he worked hard and tried to make things happen, there wasn't anything wrong with his attitude or workrate.

This will be a common theme throughout the season though, people claiming his slacking and not giving his all. I doubt that will ever happen though, Pienaar's a top professional, he'll give his all whilst he's here, I'm sure of it.
ToxtethBlue

August 16, 2010, 06:23:32 AM
Reply #11

sharpattack

They were all shite except Osman. He was a special type of shite
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

August 16, 2010, 06:28:43 AM
Reply #12

slothzen

I thought Pienaar and Baines were a couple of our best during da match, but not saying much there

August 16, 2010, 01:27:16 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As has been said he was average, but no worse than anyone else.

As Toxteth says, this will be a recurring theme for the idiots who can't look past their pre conceived ideas that only ever surface when we haven't won.

They can add it to Hibbert's crossing etc!

August 16, 2010, 02:32:24 PM
Reply #14

rochdaleblue

Thought Baines and Fellaini were the other ones who could come out of the game with their head high...
I agree but I thought Distin was mom for me.