November 20, 2018, 02:49:09 AM

Author Topic: Oumar Niasse  (Read 38174 times)

May 15, 2017, 07:07:15 AM
Reply #15

Ridge

Yeah but it was never a red card so it's hardly his fault.

In life, what's your fault and what you are blamed for, are two different things. I don't think any fans will be too angry given they got the points. But negative incidents will always have an effect, even if only subtle.

I think it was clumsy enough that while Hull were on his side and angry at officials, he wasn't totally forgiven for giving them the chance. If they'd stayed up, he would be one of the heroes, they didn't so he's one of the many turds.

Michy Batshuayi didn't win Chelsea the league, but that one touch and goal changes everything for him.

May 15, 2017, 04:14:51 PM
Reply #16

Ridge

They won the game, it was never a red and it was rescinded. It's a total non issue.

I'm sure most will agree with you, but I know there will be some who get context.

August 21, 2017, 10:36:48 PM
Reply #17

Ridge

Anyone else remembering how Fenerbahçe treated us regarding Yobo?

Loan with deal to buy, then refused to buy.

Fresh loan, fresh deal to buy, still had the absolute fucking cheek to re-negotiate having now had our player for two seasons.

Vultures, in this case I suppose we still win if we give him away so it's not quite the same...

They will have paid a loan fee each time. I think if they could have afforded to buy him they would have done and if we had a better option, we would have taken it.

To some extent this is quite rare, and probably tends to show lack of finance on their behalf. But they were making offers for transfer too, we just decided that loan deal offer represented better value.

August 21, 2017, 11:00:47 PM
Reply #18

Ridge

With Niasse, he's a quick gangly forward, hard to read and quick to shoot. Has decent awareness of team mates when it better positions and he's got a great work rate and enthusiasm. Apart from the gangly bit, the description and profile is similar to Walcott, a squad player that keeps becoming useful.

I can see why he's too erratic and why it would be an awkward dynamic to reintroduce. He was never expected to be a world beater and there are better options. When we signed him, he offered endless graft compared to Lukaku, could play up top, as sub or out wide to stretch teams. But we have DCL and Lookman who have more ability and potential.

As a forward, you'll not often get more than about 20 touches in a game and many of those are under pressure. But he'll score goals where ever he goes, just not that many of them.