October 24, 2017, 10:58:53 AM

Author Topic: HEITINGA  (Read 7405 times)

December 13, 2009, 04:00:44 AM
Read 7405 times

fortune9

Does anyone agree an if it's already been said i havent seen, he is like a dogs of war type of player? an also he the carsley replacement we have been looking for. when we have all are players am sure he will have that DM role any thoughts?
Those that dont know do not matter!

deCoubertin

December 13, 2009, 04:04:24 AM
Reply #1

Derek

I agree. I think he's absolutely nails and once he fully acclimatises to the PL, I think he'll be an excellent player.

Personally it's just good to have someone with some steel in the side.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 13, 2009, 04:07:03 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't say he was a Carsley replacement, and I mostly mean that because I just don't think that we miss Carsley at all really.  There was a myth at the start of last season that we did, but that was disproven as last season wore on I think.

Anyway, I do think that he does bring some much needed steel to our side and although I was dubious about the signing at first, I'm beginning to really like what I see from him as he settles in to our way of playing.  I'm still not sure what his best position is, but I think he could prove to be an inspirational signing for us.

December 13, 2009, 04:11:22 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
He can't be a Carsley replacement, he can pass a ball. I like his balls out attitude, never shirks out a challenge. And he is the one person I don't mind hoofing the ball. His range of passing and accuracy is terrific, I haven't seen the game yet, but listening to the radio, I beleive he did a pinpoint 60 yard pass during the game today.

December 13, 2009, 05:54:43 AM
Reply #4

Mahoney

I thought he had a good game today...loved his commitment and thought he looked good on the ball and tracking the man. Sorry if it's been covered, but can he play Europa after Christmas, or due to Athletico coming into the Europa can he not play?
It's getting pretty serious.

December 13, 2009, 05:55:24 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he had a good game today...loved his commitment and thought he looked good on the ball and tracking the man. Sorry if it's been covered, but can he play Europa after Christmas, or due to Athletico coming into the Europa can he not play?

I think we established that he can't play as Atletico are in the Europa League now unfortunately.

December 13, 2009, 08:35:55 AM
Reply #6

Terrorgram

He can't be a Carsley replacement, he can pass a ball. I like his balls out attitude, never shirks out a challenge. And he is the one person I don't mind hoofing the ball. His range of passing and accuracy is terrific, I haven't seen the game yet, but listening to the radio, I beleive he did a pinpoint 60 yard pass during the game today.
He did..... pity the wee fella got knocked off the ball in a couple of seconds....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:37:59 AM by Terrorgram »

December 13, 2009, 12:55:59 PM
Reply #7

Mahoney

I think we established that he can't play as Atletico are in the Europa League now unfortunately.

Cheers Risky....I thought this was the case, just wondered if anyone had ideas on if we can appeal this?
It's getting pretty serious.

December 13, 2009, 01:41:45 PM
Reply #8

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

[/quote]

Cheers Risky....I thought this was the case, just wondered if anyone had ideas on if we can appeal this?
[/quote]

how would you appeal against the uefa when they just apply the rules of the competition ... the format for the european league was published well before we bought heitinga ... even the OS was aware of this when signing him

December 13, 2009, 03:15:51 PM
Reply #9

Midfield General

He's fast becoming one of my favourite players at the moment. When everyone's fit I would like to see him playing in the defensive midfield role playing behind Arteta and Fellaini, as I still see Rodwell dropping back into defence long term.

December 13, 2009, 04:43:09 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

[/quote]

how would you appeal against the uefa when they just apply the rules of the competition ... the format for the european league was published well before we bought heitinga ... even the OS was aware of this when signing him
[/quote]

It is a stupid rule though. Really the match he played for Atletico bears no meaning on the Europa league.

Anyway, both Euro competitions are stupid. One even claims to be something it's not.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

December 13, 2009, 05:00:45 PM
Reply #11

slothzen

This thread reminded me of that video I saw on youtube where Heitinga limps off the pitch when playing for Ajax.  The manager wants to sub him out but he convinces him not to, and subs out Ryan Babel instead.  :P  I think he goes on to score a penalty too?

Here is the link: the part I'm talking about starts at 2:03.

Johnny Heitinga
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:03:04 PM by slothzen »

December 13, 2009, 06:08:52 PM
Reply #12

alexmarshuk

he'll be a cracking player for us! give him time

December 13, 2009, 06:11:40 PM
Reply #13

Derek

The man is ridiculously hard.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 13, 2009, 08:20:07 PM
Reply #14

Purple Aki

Problem is though, he wants to play CB regularly, which he probably will do now since Yobo is out but when Jagielka comes back in he is going to go back into midfield.